Penn State: Removing 9 ft statue of beloved coach.

Sorry bout that,

It doesn't matter how you feel about PA, and I've noticed that we've gone from the students and staff to the entire state, and it doesn't matter what happened on 9/11 in respects to this situation.

All that matters is the facts. The facts don't make Paterno or anyone above him that knew about this, which is a good number of people, look good at all. I know it's hard for those that love the school so much to accept, but you need to do it.

You can make all the excuses you want, it never justifies not doing what's truly right, and I know you know it.
Yes it does matter to me that I hold the people in Pennsylvania a little higher because of the heroes on Flight 93 on 9/11. It doesn't have to matter to you Bob, it matters to me.

something else that matters to me is that innocent people will be punished by the NCAA after they've been through the hell of this horrible situation over which they had not one milliliter of control over. They're innocent. they did not do the crime. They should not have to bear the brunt of what other people did. There are 44,000 victims of the ruling who did not do this crime. I object to innocent people going through humiliating punishments and snubbing at the behest of a small national committee that has no caring for the feelings of these 44,000 student victims of this crime and attrocity.

Innocent people should bear no punishment whatever because they were preyed on by a pedophile.

Do you understand why innocent people, particularly of college age, should not have to bear the punishment of something someone else did years ago? Because the NCAA is punishing all of them by negating their membership status to the trash for 4 years. They're making sure the other schools will feel superior and the victimized school will be shunned.

The wrong people here are being punished when you make all the innocent people eat crap pie--some of whom already ate Sandusky's crap pie.

And I don't like it.

tough
little kids don't like being raped

1. No big kids like you do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how you feel about PA, and I've noticed that we've gone from the students and staff to the entire state, and it doesn't matter what happened on 9/11 in respects to this situation.

All that matters is the facts. The facts don't make Paterno or anyone above him that knew about this, which is a good number of people, look good at all. I know it's hard for those that love the school so much to accept, but you need to do it.

You can make all the excuses you want, it never justifies not doing what's truly right, and I know you know it.
Yes it does matter to me that I hold the people in Pennsylvania a little higher because of the heroes on Flight 93 on 9/11. It doesn't have to matter to you Bob, it matters to me.

something else that matters to me is that innocent people will be punished by the NCAA after they've been through the hell of this horrible situation over which they had not one milliliter of control over. They're innocent. they did not do the crime. They should not have to bear the brunt of what other people did. There are 44,000 victims of the ruling who did not do this crime. I object to innocent people going through humiliating punishments and snubbing at the behest of a small national committee that has no caring for the feelings of these 44,000 student victims of this crime and attrocity.

Innocent people should bear no punishment whatever because they were preyed on by a pedophile.

Do you understand why innocent people, particularly of college age, should not have to bear the punishment of something someone else did years ago? Because the NCAA is punishing all of them by negating their membership status to the trash for 4 years. They're making sure the other schools will feel superior and the victimized school will be shunned.

The wrong people here are being punished when you make all the innocent people eat crap pie--some of whom already ate Sandusky's crap pie.

And I don't like it.

tough

I think what Becki is alluding to is this doesn't change a thing for the kids that were molested, but does affect the innocents at Penn state.

I don't know the answer to your questions, bob. I love the state of Pennsylvania. It was from a Pennsylvania airport that the people on their plane stopped one of the 9/11 creeps through integrity, valor, and risk of life. The good people of Pennsylvania outnumber one man named Sandusky. Why would anybody punish the University that touched the lives of people who touched the lives of those Pennsylvanian heroes on Flight 93? Those 44,000 students are innocent people. They're being penalized for the wrongdoing of an assistant coach. I'm so sorry for his victims, but there isn't anything I can do about it except try to bring a little reason to the table to let the 44,000 Pensylvanian students off the hook for things they had no control over. To sully such a good school because it was lied to and victimized by a sick pervert is beyond me.

Everybody hates the death penalty, then instead of putting the correct onus on the criminal, they punish thousands of innocent people.

I'm sorry, that's all, bob. I think you're a good man who's angry and upset about this, and I am angry and upset about this, too. I hate rapists with all my being. But I know the people that they fool are not culpable for their crimes done in secrecy and often with threats against their victims' loved ones for squealing.

Only one person should be punished for the crime, and he's already behind bars, isn't he?

i guess you could be more wrong, i just don't know how.
If loving the people of Pennsylvania who have suffered this insufferable and horrific intrusion against their integrity is wrong, I'm guilty of love in the first degree, sweet Emu man. :(

Let's try to be honest here, nobody is denying your love for the people of Pennsylvania. It's nauseatingly obvious how much you love them.:thup:

And I don't like it.

tough

I think what Becki is alluding to is this doesn't change a thing for the kids that were molested, but does affect the innocents at Penn state.

TOUGH

they lose their football team

big fucking deal-

the problem there is that they let their fucking football team become so fucking important that children being raped were an inconvenience. even after the freeh report, which contains evidence thaqt the *sainted*& joe paterno knew about it aND COVERED IT UP, THEY'RE WHINING ABOUT HIS STATUE BEING TORN DOWN.

the difference between joe paterno and sadam hussein?

paterno wore glasses.

And I don't like it.

tough

Don't get me wrong, I feel for those that will have to deal with what they had nothing to do with, but I'd rather see that than the NCAA not set the precedent that this sort of thing will be devastating to a program should it ever occur again.

tough

TOUGH

they lose their football team

big fucking deal-

the problem there is that they let their fucking football team become so fucking important that children being raped were an inconvenience. even after the freeh report, which contains evidence thaqt the *sainted*& joe paterno knew about it aND COVERED IT UP, THEY'RE WHINING ABOUT HIS STATUE BEING TORN DOWN.

the difference between joe paterno and sadam hussein?

paterno wore glasses.

Let's don't get carried away. Saddam Hussein killed his own people.

Paterno was wrong. The administrators were wrong and above all esle Sandusky is an animal. That's all right. I believe in the sanctions against the university. I hate what it did to the players most of all. Let's hope they can get their life back together.

Sorry bout that,

And I don't like it.

1. ^That too!
2. They are ruining the whole atmosphere of college life at Penn State.
3. It would be better to refund all the money and close it down for four years, and that would be more just, as to what they have done about it so far.
4. Making *Joe* the scape goat makes it far far worse!
5. Sure he is convenient to blame because he is dead and all, but they forgot one thing, *Joe* has more integrity in his one dead pinky finger, sitting in a grave for 5 months than the entire administration and freeh put together.:badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
I haven't read the grisly details at all chesswarsnow, but I know coaches have a lot on their plate, and sometimes associations receive marching orders from other members in the association.

I am unhappy that they did not put the students of the university in their sights when they decided to ban the school from any privileges it would earn for 4 years.

Making a scapegoat out of 44,000 University of Pennsylvania school victims is like them getting abused twice. It just goes against my principles.

The VICTIMS should have been the NCAA's FIRST PRIORITY. Instead, the VICTIMS get to be the victims of all the other association's members for four years. Next year's freshmen will be punished. Year after next freshmen will be punished. The third year of freshmen will be punished. And the fourth year of freshmen will be punished, not to mention all the other classes--sophomores, juniors, seniors, and those working on their Masters and Doctorates, too.

The only thing they will be learning is that associations tend to punish the wrong people when everybody gets lathered about one criminal perpetuating his dirty little crimes of passion on victimized and threatened students who will have a lifetime of therapy ahead of them or worse.

Did the NCAA think about them first? NO!

I think the NCAA did think about the students. The students are taught that ignoring the law has consequences even for highly respected coaches. Certianly a very valuable lesson, best learned now.

As for the athletes, they can attend another college immediately and are eligible to play for the team right away.

i guess you could be more wrong, i just don't know how.
If loving the people of Pennsylvania who have suffered this insufferable and horrific intrusion against their integrity is wrong, I'm guilty of love in the first degree, sweet Emu man. :(

Let's try to be honest here, nobody is denying your love for the people of Pennsylvania. It's nauseatingly obvious how much you love them.:thup:
Those kids deserve love, support, and all our prayers for what they have been through. Instead, they get to bear the taunts of other schools for 4 years.

That's some lesson in sportsmanship. :doubt:

Those kids deserve love, support, and all our prayers for what they have been through. Instead, they get to bear the taunts of other schools for 4 years.

the kids that were raped weren't students at penn state.

get a clue

get a clue

You and CWN can keep worrying about the kids that won't have as much fun with football as they thought, and the rest of us will worry about the rape victims, thanks for distinguishing where you stand.

Maybe you can get around to reading some of the reports at some point. :thup:

The college students weren't abused by Sandusky Becki. Most students don't travel to away games, so I don't think they will have the problem you suggest.

Again, seriously Freedombecki, if you don't know all the facts, why the hell do you have such a strong opinion? Shoot first ask questions later? :dunno:
I have 44,000 strong reasons for my unacceptable-to-you strong opinions. Some of them got raped by that sicko and their lives, families, grades, and friends threatened to keep them quiet. Now they get to deal with the snubbery the NCAA has placed upon their school and themselves for the crimes of a criminal.

I reserve the right to boo hiss people who deliver punishments to the 44,000 innocent students at Penn State.

I majored in human health and physical fitness. I've debated sport issues in the past, and I know the bottom line has to be forever the good of the people going to the school. Had the NCAA ruled in a way that placed no onus on all the innocent people there, there would be no pissing and moaning from me.

But they did not do that. Splat. All his victims at PA get to bear punishment for the next four years for what a sick criminal did because they go to school there. That's unfair.

You and CWN can keep worrying about the kids that won't have as much fun with football as they thought, and the rest of us will worry about the rape victims, thanks for distinguishing where you stand.

Maybe you can get around to reading some of the reports at some point. :thup:
Not to worry, you know everything, and I learned a lot from you, bob. Thanks.

The college students weren't abused by Sandusky Becki. Most students don't travel to away games, so I don't think they will have the problem you suggest.
Oh, I was misinformed? He really didn't go after isolated Pennsylvania students in the athletic shower? If he didn't go after PA kids in the showers, were the papers lying about it?

Forum List

Back