Pelosi’s Klan Gets $737 Million DOE Loan

he didn't borrow money, he was HANDED MONEY....and yes, there is a difference!

You know, if your position was valid, you wouldn't have to lie.

No, he wasn't handed money.

He sold software that had a GROSS revenue of $5 million, you claimed "billions," but that too was a lie.

actually, both situations are very similar, in that there is potential conflict of interest.
Actually, they aren't at all similar.

Neil Bush took advantage of his name and his brother being president to cash in on the NCLB bullshit. We can question Neil's ethics for doing so,

HOWEVER, there was ZERO, grasp that, ZERO involvement by any government agency. No loans, no grants, no endorsements and no guarantees.

as far as the last claim you made on pelosi, do you have a legitimate link on that? any newspaper would be fine.....but bloggers...i probably won't take it as truth....from either side of the aisle!
First off, the "Weekly Standard" is hardly a "blog." Secondly, it's all over the news.

Pelosi?s Relative Given $737 Million for ?Green Jobs?

Your partisanship doesn't actually alter reality, you know?
yes his company was given money...for the tests/software....he was well aware of Bush's proposal coming back to help him and other cronies....business week said it was in the billions.of tax payer dollars for these tests going towards neil and other Bush friends in the industry that were pushing it....

did you read the Business week article?

You know, if your position was valid, you wouldn't have to lie.

No, he wasn't handed money.

He sold software that had a GROSS revenue of $5 million, you claimed "billions," but that too was a lie.

actually, both situations are very similar, in that there is potential conflict of interest.
Actually, they aren't at all similar.

Neil Bush took advantage of his name and his brother being president to cash in on the NCLB bullshit. We can question Neil's ethics for doing so,

HOWEVER, there was ZERO, grasp that, ZERO involvement by any government agency. No loans, no grants, no endorsements and no guarantees.

as far as the last claim you made on pelosi, do you have a legitimate link on that? any newspaper would be fine.....but bloggers...i probably won't take it as truth....from either side of the aisle!
First off, the "Weekly Standard" is hardly a "blog." Secondly, it's all over the news.

Pelosi?s Relative Given $737 Million for ?Green Jobs?

Your partisanship doesn't actually alter reality, you know?
uhhhhh the weekly standard IS PARTISAN dear....

just look at the title of their article.....no relative was given 737 billion as they stated, they were given a loan guarantee....but i guess you can't see that?

IF you have trouble with the difference between right and wrong then this conversation is over. Politicians for years have operated under the prim-is that unless they get caught it is not illegal. It may be wrong but no illegal. Charile Rangle is an example. Holder selling guns to drug dealer is another and then the treasure secretary owing back taxes and ignoring it. Illegal no but wrong as hell. If you don't want to be stupid then wake up. Wrong is wrong.

I have no proof and no link but the money the green companies got that we will never see again was a scam. i am guessing that they plan was never to succeed but to see how much of the money they could keep for themselves and Obama when the smoke cleared.

yes his company was given money...

Not by any federal agency, grant, loan or any other method.

From your linked article;

{Now, after five years of development and backing by investors like Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal and onetime junk-bond king Michael R. Milken, }

for the tests/software....he was well aware of Bush's proposal coming back to help him and other cronies....

Every person in the nation was aware of Bush's half-baked proposal. How did this specifically help Neil?

business week said it was in the billions.of tax payer dollars for these tests going towards neil and other Bush friends in the industry that were pushing it....

No, it certainly doesn't.

It says;

{Pressure to perform has energized the $1.9 billion-a-year instructional software industry. }

That is a FAR cry from "billions going to Neil Bush."

BW specifically places the chunk for the Bush venture at {The company expects 2006 revenue of $5 million}

Did you read the Business week article?

The question is, did you?

Irrelevant.

The Weekly Standard is hardly a blog.

just look at the title of their article.....no relative was given 737 billion as they stated, they were given a loan guarantee....but i guess you can't see that?

Blowing smoke won't get Obama reelcted, nor change the fact that he's a crook.

Irrelevant.

The Weekly Standard is hardly a blog.

Blowing smoke won't get Obama reelcted, nor change the fact that he's a crook.
fyi-i could care less whether obama gets reelected or not.

I picked up the "claim" from another poster on this very thread. If you'd look back to the one that says her brother-in-law's firm, it would be clear to you that's what a sister's husband is to a sibling.
There's links all over to Nancy Pelosi forcing unwilling taxpayers to feather her family's already-wealthy nest
this was what i was asking you about..... pelosi FORCING taxpayers to feather her family nest....

was this comment about this thread topic....her brother in law's company getting a loan? Or were you referring to something else she had done?
I don't know you want out of me in regard to this self-enriching politician. I'm just and only a citizen who is gravely concerned this deplorable behavior of a sitting congressman who welches money for her family purse, and has done so in the past. No, I don't have a link, I read about it in a newspaper.

I picked up the "claim" from another poster on this very thread. If you'd look back to the one that says her brother-in-law's firm, it would be clear to you that's what a sister's husband is to a sibling.
There's links all over to Nancy Pelosi forcing unwilling taxpayers to feather her family's already-wealthy nest
this was what i was asking you about..... pelosi FORCING taxpayers to feather her family nest....

was this comment about this thread topic....her brother in law's company getting a loan? Or were you referring to something else she had done?
I don't know you want out of me in regard to this self-enriching politician. I'm just and only a citizen who is gravely concerned this deplorable behavior of a sitting congressman who welches money for her family purse, and has done so in the past. No, I don't have a link, I read about it in a newspaper.

I feel that an investigation is warranted on this issue.

Links are pointless. They demand them, you give them and then they do one of two things....

1. Ignore them
2. Goto any length to discredit them. If that fails see #1

Did he do anything illegal?

Well, while it smacks of cronyism as well as outright wrong, there's also the factor that this sort of shit should have been revisited since the Solyndra fiasco... not doubled down on.

But hey... we are dealing with the most dishonest administration in U.S. history.

Last edited:
Is Conflict of Interest a Crime?

In the U.S., conflict of interest usually is not itself a crime unless the individual with the conflict is a government employee

Conflict of Interest - Mark R Simmons

So you think that because a law exists that proves Pelosi broke it?

Wow dude. Well done.

:clap2:

So, you see no problem with Congress allocating monies to the relatives on Congressional members?

I guess that explains a lot.... you can stop all the moral outrage now.

In the U.S., conflict of interest usually is not itself a crime unless the individual with the conflict is a government employee

Wow dude. Well done.

So, you see no problem with Congress allocating monies to the relatives on Congressional members?

I guess that explains a lot.... you can stop all the moral outrage now.
do you see a conflict of interest when millions in lobbying funds go to congressmen, and then the congress enacts measures that helps these lobbyists?

i think that is on the same lines as the op story.....yet the SC says giving money to campaigns is free speech....well, using our tax dollars to fullfill the lobbyists 'free speech'' is most of the overspending problems in congress imo!

Gee -- I was told by hippy-dippy greenies 20 years ago, that the BEST part of Green Alternative Energy was that it would kill Big Energy and make the energy business more competitive.

How come all they're doing is sucking off the govt and making GE into a weak and flabby welfare case???

Wow dude. Well done.

I think you're mistaken about what is happening here. No taxpayer money is being sent to this company and will never be sent to this company. Despite what many "conservatives" here want you to believe. A loan guarantee is just that. A GUARANTEE. The only time taxpayer money will be sent anywhere is if the company defaults and then the money goes to the bank, not the company.

As for conflict of interest, just because a relative gets the benefit doesn't mean anything illegal or wrong has happened. As I have stated, multiple times, and been negative repped by most "conservatives" for it, the law states that any company can apply for these guaranteed loans. It is unconstitutional to treat this company and its board differently purely because a relative of an elected official is on the board.

Now, I know many of you hate Pelosi, just because, but that doesn't mean any laws have been broken here. If you believe that, then prove it, but you haven't, and you're not even trying to.

Gee -- I was told by hippy-dippy greenies 20 years ago, that the BEST part of Green Alternative Energy was that it would kill Big Energy and make the energy business more competitive.

How come all they're doing is sucking off the govt and making GE into a weak and flabby welfare case???
the oil and gas industry has sucked the gvt teet for nearly 75 to hundred years.....

they did not begin on their own, they had tons and tons and tons of gvt help....with infrastructure, with the gvt building the roads for the gas guzzlers, giving tax breaks, and tax credits, oil leases at no charge, putting in pipelines etc etc etc etc......

the oil and gas industry has sucked the gvt teet for nearly 75 to hundred years.....

they did not begin on their own, they had tons and tons and tons of gvt help....with infrastructure, with the gvt building the roads for the gas guzzlers, giving tax breaks, and tax credits, oil leases at no charge, putting in pipelines etc etc etc etc......

So, there were no roads before "gas guzzlers?"

Damn, I did not know that......

Here we go again. No one seems to care these are loan guarantees and not loans.

Sorry, continue crying.
You truly are an ignorant fool.

They are taxpayer backed guarantees......Do you even understand what that means?

Here's a clue:

That half billion dollar guarantee given to Solyndra, means the taxpayers are on the hook for the loan. The taxpayers are required to pay back that loan. The taxpayers will never see that money again. It's gone. And it's the primary reason the guarantee is being fully investigated, and is showing to lead directly to the oval office.

Quit being fuckin' stupid!:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back