Pelosi Lies and Her Trip Is A Dud

we can have our own ideas as to what American foreign policy ought to be and we can certainly express those ideas so that the American voter can know what they are voting for.... we will only get to IMPLEMENT our foreign policy from the oval office starting in January of '09. Pelose masde no agreements, she signed no treaties, she negotiated no actions.... she was there to meet the players and to get to know and understand the region and its problems. Clearly, relying on the Bush administration for knowledge was a losing proposition.... if you'll recall, the Bush administration told us, for example, that there was no doubt that Saddam had stockpiles of WMD's and that we knew right where they were!

Going to Syria and saying what the US will and wil not do is setting her own foreign policy

and she pissed off Israel at the same time

BTW, Dems said he had WMD's as well

Going to Syria and saying what the US will and wil not do is setting her own foreign policy

and she pissed off Israel at the same time

BTW, Dems said he had WMD's as well

she NEVER said what the US will or will not do. why must you LIE like that?

Syria love San Fran Nan

Syrians bolstered by visit of 'good American' Pelosi
By Betsy Pisik
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

DAMASCUS, Syria -- The second most popular politician in Syria these days may be an American: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
The California Democrat warmed Syrian hearts with her trip last month to Damascus, an event that people still share with visiting Americans as conversational currency.
"Nancy Pelosi is good, yes?" asked a Damascus laborer who found himself sitting next to an American at a greasy gyro stand this week. "Nancy Pelosi, good American."
Pictures of Mrs. Pelosi and Syrian President Bashar Assad -- officially Syria's most popular citizen -- still turn up on the local news channels, especially during coverage of the dispute between President Bush and Congress over the Iraq war spending bill.
Mrs. Pelosi's two-day visit to Damascus was a major news event here. Camera crews trailed her as she bought sweets in the ancient Hamadieh souk, made the sign of the cross at what is thought to be the tomb of John the Baptist and donned a black abaya to visit the historic Omayyad Mosque.
Mrs. Pelosi, 67, is praised as "a friend of Syria," and that makes her more influential than Oprah Winfrey and more appealing than the old Hollywood movies shown on satellite television.
Many Damascus residents say her private visit with Mr. Assad and senior ministers shattered Washington's attempt to isolate the regime.
http://www.washtimes.com/world/20070502-120459-5124r.htm

funny...I don't see anything in there where she said that America will or will not do anything...
did you get the wrong cut and paste?:eusa_whistle:

that is an op-ed piece about her trip...when will you provide me those quotes from her where she says that America will and will not do things?

or was that just nothing more than typical RSR bullshit?

that is an op-ed piece about her trip...when will you provide me those quotes from her where she says that America will and will not do things?

or was that just nothing more than typical RSR bullshit?

An op-ed based on facts

No wonder MM is on the verge of a stroke

you said that Nancy told the Syrians what America will and will not do.

Can you back that up or not?

She went over with her on foreign polcy - accept it

Dems have admitted as much - but facts never got in your way before

She went over with her on foreign polcy - accept it

Dems have admitted as much - but facts never got in your way before

I am supposed to "accept" the pronouncements of a neocon asshole like you?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so...you can't back it up?

I didn't think so.

I am supposed to "accept" the pronouncements of a neocon asshole like you?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so...you can't back it up?

I didn't think so.

This from the ultimate ass kissing lib - San Fran Nan has been busted and you are still in high speed spin mode

originally posted by care4all:
oh come on! did pelosi institute some foreign policy while she was there?

Did the republican congressmen that went to syria the previous week and the week after pelosi and the one that went with her on the trip to syria OBVIOUSLY broke the constitution and this ''law'' too then, right?

please, you know better, from the posts i have read of yours so far?

care

The US Consitution, and the legal precedent do not use the words "negotiate," nor "institute". The word used is "conduct."

The US Constitution, Article II, Section 3, Clause 3 establishes the role of the President in regard to receiving foreign visitors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article...tion#_not e-0

United States v. Curtiss-Wright Export Corp., 299 U.S. 304 (1936) is the legal precedent/ruling set forth by the US Supreme Court:

Quote:
The Court reasoned that, while the Constitution may not explicitly say that all ability to conduct foreign policy on behalf of the nation is vested in the President, such power is nonetheless granted implicitly. Moreover, said the Court, the Executive, by its very nature, is empowered to conduct foreign affairs in a way which Congress cannot and should not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ht_Export_Corp.

It states simply that the US Constitution implicitly grants to the President the ability to conduct foreign policy -- not "negotiate" -- on behalf of the Nation.

It further states that the Executive branch, not the legislative branch is empowered to conduct foreign affairs in a way Congress cannot and should not.

Pelosi was CLEARLY out of bounds for Congress based on the Constitution and following legal ruling made by SCOTUS. Felony? I don't see it, but definitely an attempt to usurp the powers of the chief executive.

My argument is based solely against those who attempt to justify Pelosi's trip against the President's wishes. By doing so, she was wrong, according to the US Constitution and SCOTUS. That would include any US citizens conducting any matters of foreign policy against the President's wishes. Obviously, public officials sent by Bush would not be in violation.

IMO, the Republicans that accompanied Pelosi were in violation.

The bottom line as far as criminal charges goes is the President/Executive Branch has to file them. It hasn't been done. So, whether or not Pelosi will be prosecuted is a moot issue.

But I think trying to defend/justify her trip when it was obviously contrary to both law and the wishes of the President, is a bit much.

The thread is about Pelosi's trip. This is my argument and references. Refute it if you can. There's ALREADY a Bill CLinton thread.

I

NO, she WAS NOT....

First, she notified the President that she was making this trip and the president did NOT ASK HER to stay home and not go...

so your point is moot JUST on this....

Second, she only promoted the foreign policy of the President while she was there..... she made no foreign policy that was different....than our usa foreign policy.

So your point is moot again.

Third, she was on a fact finding mission and it is the duty of Congress to make such trips all the time...

Again, nulifying your accusations.

Fourth, Republican congressmen were on the same fact finding trip with her and other Republican fact finding missions with congressmen going to syria took place the week before pelosi's and the week following pelosi's...

Where is YOUR outrage and accusations against them?

I am afraid that you may have gotten caught up in to the partisan spin and not done enough fact finding on your own....do some outside reading...on this.

and finally, WHY wasn't she charged with this crime that you bear false witness against her on?

care

Forum List

Back