Pelosi Lies and Her Trip Is A Dud

she was on a fact finding mission...she wasn't negotiating....are you saying what newt did was a crime then as well.....*pokey stick smilie thing*

You mean Hastert? What he did was worse. He instructed the President of Panama to bypass the President and go straight to Congress. Clearly, as outlined in my references, that would have violated the Constitution and the legal ruling on that particular statute of the Constitution.

You mean Hastert? What he did was worse. He instructed the President of Panama to bypass the President and go straight to Congress. Clearly, as outlined in my references, that would have violated the Constitution and the legal ruling on that particular statute of the Constitution.

can't really fault hassert....big bill was busy aging his cigars

she was on a fact finding mission...she wasn't negotiating....are you saying what newt did was a crime then as well.....*pokey stick smilie thing*

For a trip that was "fact finding" and not negotiating - the Washington post is not happy nothing was accomplished

No Results in Damascus
Having finished hosting U.S. politicians, Syria's dictator has returned to jailing dissidents and sponsoring terrorism.
Friday, April 27, 2007; Page A22

THE CONGRESSIONAL leaders who visited Damascus this month to meet Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad gave a practical test to the oft-stated theory that "engaging" his regime is more likely to produce results than the Bush administration's policy of isolating it. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was particularly unstinting in her goodwill, declaring that she had come to see Mr. Assad "in friendship, hope, and determined that the road to Damascus is a road to peace." In a statement, her delegation reported that it had talked to Mr. Assad about stopping the flow of foreign terrorists to Iraq and about obtaining the release of kidnapped Israeli soldiers. It also said it had "conveyed our strong interest in the cases of [Syrian] democracy activists," such as imprisoned human rights lawyer Anwar al-Bunni.

Three weeks have passed, so it's fair to ask: Has there been any positive change in Syrian behavior -- any return gesture of goodwill, however slight
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/26/AR2007042602259.html

For a trip that was "fact finding" and not negotiating - the Washington post is not happy nothing was accomplished

No Results in Damascus
Having finished hosting U.S. politicians, Syria's dictator has returned to jailing dissidents and sponsoring terrorism.
Friday, April 27, 2007; Page A22

THE CONGRESSIONAL leaders who visited Damascus this month to meet Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad gave a practical test to the oft-stated theory that "engaging" his regime is more likely to produce results than the Bush administration's policy of isolating it. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was particularly unstinting in her goodwill, declaring that she had come to see Mr. Assad "in friendship, hope, and determined that the road to Damascus is a road to peace." In a statement, her delegation reported that it had talked to Mr. Assad about stopping the flow of foreign terrorists to Iraq and about obtaining the release of kidnapped Israeli soldiers. It also said it had "conveyed our strong interest in the cases of [Syrian] democracy activists," such as imprisoned human rights lawyer Anwar al-Bunni.

Three weeks have passed, so it's fair to ask: Has there been any positive change in Syrian behavior -- any return gesture of goodwill, however slight
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/26/AR2007042602259.html

dude get a grip on the sarcasam......

your amusement does not change the fact that Pelosi was on a fact finding mission and not negotiating with heads of state.

your amusement does not change the fact that Pelosi was on a fact finding mission and not negotiating with heads of state.

Did she know that?

She must not have got the message - and neither did the Washington Post

passing a message is not negotiating. and my question was: since when did you put any stock in the washington post? Or do you now quote it because it suits your purposes?

San Fran Nan was conducting her own foreign policy - and it bombed

I am pointing out the Post's dismay

Libs do hate it when their fellow libs openly disagree with other libs (like their reaction to David Broder)

San Fran Nan was conducting her own foreign policy - and it bombed

I am pointing out the Post's dismay

Libs do hate it when their fellow libs openly disagree with other libs (like their reaction to David Broder)

no...she was on a fact finding mission.... no negotiations....no policy creation.

And don't start again with Broder....I already spanked you on that once.....

oh...will you EVER explain your 60% decrease remark? I've been waiting for you to stop running away from that for weeks now. When will you stand and explain yourself?

no...she was on a fact finding mission.... no negotiations....no policy creation.

And don't start again with Broder....I already spanked you on that once.....

oh...will you EVER explain your 60% decrease remark? I've been waiting for you to stop running away from that for weeks now. When will you stand and explain yourself?

You do not live in the state of Maine

You live in the state of Denial

spin spin spin..... talking points...one liners....yet you NEVER stand and back up your own bullshit. When you look in the mirror in the morning, does the coward looking back at you disgust you?

"Negotiating" and "fact finding" are semantics. Neither word is contained within the law. The law is explicit in that the President is the SOLE arbiter for the US in foreign policy, and cangress has no business in it.

That is about as clear as it can get.

passing a message is not negotiating. and my question was: since when did you put any stock in the washington post? Or do you now quote it because it suits your purposes?

Discussing US foreign policy matters AT ALL is "conducting" US foreign policy. That is the term used in the law.

"Negotiating" and "fact finding" are semantics. Neither word is contained within the law. The law is explicit in that the President is the SOLE arbiter for the US in foreign policy, and cangress has no business in it.

That is about as clear as it can get.

the speaker was only trying to acquaint herself with the issues and the players so that she might better exercise her oversight role.

spin spin spin..... talking points...one liners....yet you NEVER stand and back up your own bullshit. When you look in the mirror in the morning, does the coward looking back at you disgust you?

MM the truth will set your free - try it - you will not be so angry

Forum List

Back