Pelosi Caught Trying To Frighten The Elderly Again

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
She is the most despicable woman in the history of the US Congress. She knows full well those on Social Security will still get their checks during a government shutdown and yet once again she spews her dirty little lie that they won't.

Minority Leader Pelosi Democrats Remain Opposed Government Funding Bill

Here is the truth....something Pelosi rarely has a grasp of:

Social Security is different from other government programs such as the National Park Service in that it is partially self-funded. The money that’s used to pay Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) and retirement checks doesn’t come from the general taxes—it comes from the Social Security Trust which is funded by an income deduction from American workers’ paychecks.

So, if you’re already on SSDI or retirement, then a government shutdown probably won’t affect your benefit payments.

However, the Social Security Administration may be forced to put the majority of their employees on furlough until the shutdown is resolved. This can end up disrupting some services, such as processing SSDI applications & appeals.

Will My Social Security Benefits Continue if the Government Shuts Down?

Last edited:
She is the most despicable woman in the history of the US Congress. She knows full well those on Social Security will still get their checks during a government shutdown and yet once again she spews her dirty little lie that they won't.

Minority Leader Pelosi Democrats Remain Opposed Government Funding Bill

Here is the truth....something Pelosi rarely has a grasp of:

Social Security is different from other government programs such as the National Park Service in that it is partially self-funded. The money that’s used to pay Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) and retirement checks doesn’t come from the general taxes—it comes from the Social Security Trust which is funded by an income deduction from American workers’ paychecks.

So, if you’re already on SSDI or retirement, then a government shutdown probably won’t affect your benefit payments.

However, the Social Security Administration may be forced to put the majority of their employees on furlough until the shutdown is resolved. This can end up disrupting some services, such as processing SSDI applications & appeals.

Will My Social Security Benefits Continue if the Government Shuts Down?
I haven't retired quite yet, as my business provides me with a suitable income along with my stocks. Back in 1993 when Bill Clinton increased the taxes on Social Security making it harder for the elderly to survive, I realized at that time, that I didn't want to be one of those who always gets suckered by the left.

• Banned
I haven't retired quite yet, as my business provides me with a suitable income along with my stocks. Back in 1993 when Bill Clinton increased the taxes on Social Security making it harder for the elderly to survive, I realized at that time, that I didn't want to be one of those who always gets suckered by the left.

I took mine at 62 and kept working.....I'm so far ahead of their game they don't know what to do with me. :lol:

Nah she's not deplorable, it's now a term of endearment, she's just and stupid, ugly old hag......maybe her husband can give out "real" bonuses to his employees......

• Banned
Nah she's not deplorable, it's now a term of endearment, she's just and stupid, ugly old hag......maybe her husband can give out "real" bonuses to his employees......

She'd be in a federal prison if the DOJ ever looked into her financial shenanigans in Congress....Google how she played the Visa IPO into a small fortune. No finesse at all.....just a ham-handed legislative delay until she could buy and sell enough shares to make it worth her while. Despicable.

She'd be in a federal prison if the DOJ ever looked into her financial shenanigans in Congress....Google how she played the Visa IPO into a small fortune. No finesse at all.....just a ham-handed legislative delay until she could buy and sell enough shares to make it worth her while. Despicable.

Until this erupted in the news and became a problem, for a long it was perfectly legal for members of congress to trade stocks on insider information, something that will get any citizen tossed in prison. Only when this outrageous corruption made national news did congress put a stop to the practice.

Forum List

Back