Pedofest 2010: Whose fault is it anyway?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
An inmate inappropriately touched a 9-year-old girl during a family event at a specialized prison for sex offenders in Avenel last month, internal documents show, and the Department of Corrections says it has launched an examination into the incident and all family programs.

Corrections has held an annual "family day" for inmates at the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center for the past two decades, allowing relatives — including children — to visit incarcerated sex offenders.

Alleged 'family day' incident at sex offender facility spurs Department of Corrections investigation | NJ.com

The article seems to indicate that the alleged "touching" involved "brushing against the girl's breast". No disciplinary action has been filed against the staff. Yet.

The prison union opposes these "family days" for this exact reason.

Should the family be able to sue?

Should the family be able to sue?

In our justice system, you are able to sue whoever you want.

Should they WIN? Hell no.

They knowingly brought a young child to a gathering of sex offenders, offenders that were deemed so disturbed that it seems they aren't even allowed in a normal prison. Parents are retarded.

Google up child beauty queens and you'll see what a crackpot society you live in.
Sweathog Murkin ***** making their kids into what they wish they could look like if they passed the McDonalds instead of slamming on the brakes.

loser.jpg

Google up child beauty queens and you'll see what a crackpot society you live in.
Sweathog Murkin ***** making their kids into what they wish they could look like if they passed the McDonalds instead of slamming on the brakes.
Excellent point! Well said. I agree 100%

I have three grown daughters, two of whom have their own little girls now. So it annoys me to see those Little Miss America contests on television the veiled effect of which is the sexualizing of children. Little girls are just little girls and they should not be prematurely advanced in their development.

They brought their child, they have no one to blame but themselves.
Just because children are allowed, doesn't mean you have to bring them.

No, but they should settle out of court. It's supposed to be the government's responsibility to protect us from our own stupidity. They shouldn't encourage stupid. :rolleyes:

:lol:
They shouldn't have to put a warning on prison.

Lol, they put up warning signs about your consent to search. They put up high voltage signs. Hell, they put up exit signs. I already know that I'm subject to search, not to touch prison fences and how to leave through the door I came in but how am I supposed to know that I shouldn't take my children around prison inmates (some of which will never be released)? Sarcasm aside, the parents will probably get paid for being stupid.

No, but they should settle out of court. It's supposed to be the government's responsibility to protect us from our own stupidity. They shouldn't encourage stupid. :rolleyes:

That's why. It's the same old lack of personal responsibility. It's always someone else's fault. However, if the zookeepers invited children into the lion's cage and a kid got mauled...

They are conducting an "internal investigation". My guess is that they may just end this ridiculousness.

That's why. It's the same old lack of personal responsibility. It's always someone else's fault. However, if the zookeepers invited children into the lion's cage and a kid got mauled...

They are conducting an "internal investigation". My guess is that they may just end this ridiculousness.

Some parents never received proper parenting. Stevie Wonder could see that this was a bad idea.

off the top of my head I could name a dozen posters from this board who would be appalled if they were TOLD that they couldn't bring their children to a prison like this. Sue ? Well of course they can, but I hope they lose big.

A family day for sex offenders? Aren't a lot of pedophiles related to the kid they molested or something?

Anyone else thinks this sounds like something out of the Onion?

It does for most folks, but this is NJ. This place is called the Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center. It sounds like more like a hospital than a prison, doesn't it? And I'm sure that's the way it's run. My guess is that "family day" is only one of many perks these creeps are afforded.

Please tell me you are joking, right ....

Kinda. The government and the family acted irresponsibly. But since the government acts as if it is the only entity that can protect us from ourselves, then they should pay when that protection fails. They can't have it both ways.

Looks like one guard is getting thrown under the bus.

The department’s internal inquiry has led to disciplinary charges against at least one officer at the prison, according to two officials who were not authorized to discuss the investigation on the record.

Trent Norman, president of Policemen’s Benevolent Association Local 105, which represents prison officers, said the union is planning to appeal the charges. Schuman declined to discuss disciplinary matters.

At future events, Schuman said, staff members will show videos and answer questions about programs available to help inmates reintegrate into society. He also said security will be tighter.

"They want to restrict movements and keep everything in front of custody staff," he said.

Children will still be able to attend, although Schuman said visitors will be asked to always keep their children close
N.J. corrections department to overhaul family programs after alleged incident at sex offender facility | NJ.com

So they are going to let this lunacy continue, and when it happens again, another guard will be blamed. Jesus Christ.

Forum List

Back