Peak oil is dead

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
At the peak oil alarmist website The Oil Drum, one prominent analyst declared in 2009 that global oil production had peaked at 82 million barrels per day in 2008 and would thereafter begin declining at a rate of 2.2 million barrels per day. Had that estimate been correct, world oil production would have fallen by now to about 62 million barrels per day. Instead, the International Energy Agency reported this month that global production now averages around 97 million barrels per day. Keep in mind that this level of production is taking place despite the political and economic chaos afflicting such major oil-producing countries as Venezuela, Libya, and Iraq. Peak Oil: What Ever Happened to Hubbert's Peak?
Party of malaise and we cant drill our way out of this have been wrong for decades. So many huge oil and nat gas fields have been found in the last yr it is staggering. Their response...outlaw its use.........

Last edited:
I've been saying for decades that just like on every other planet and moon in the solar system, our hydrocarbons are the product of natural, abiotic activity.

These prognosticators are laughable. They've been saying that for decades. The Leviathan fields were just discovered a few years ago. Noble is just starting to produce them. The Wolfcamp formation now has the US exporting more oil. The Cline formation is being explored right now. There is plenty of oil.

We have reached peak oil for a few decades now. I note this as someone that supports moving from oil.

At the peak oil alarmist website The Oil Drum, one prominent analyst declared in 2009 that global oil production had peaked at 82 million barrels per day in 2008 and would thereafter begin declining at a rate of 2.2 million barrels per day. Had that estimate been correct, world oil production would have fallen by now to about 62 million barrels per day. Instead, the International Energy Agency reported this month that global production now averages around 97 million barrels per day. Keep in mind that this level of production is taking place despite the political and economic chaos afflicting such major oil-producing countries as Venezuela, Libya, and Iraq. Peak Oil: What Ever Happened to Hubbert's Peak?
Party of malaise and we cant drill our way out of this have been wrong for decades. So many huge oil and nat gas fields have been found in the last yr it is staggering. Their response...outlaw its use.........
Oil is Abiotic.....Period. It is not a Fossil Fuel which is a 150 Year old theory.

These prognosticators are laughable. They've been saying that for decades. The Leviathan fields were just discovered a few years ago. Noble is just starting to produce them. The Wolfcamp formation now has the US exporting more oil. The Cline formation is being explored right now. There is plenty of oil.
We have so much Oil that Obama gave it away when he gave Russia some of the Aleutian Islands sitting on one of the biggest deposits of oil and Natural Gas in the Bering Sea.

pia17655.jpg

Titan: lakes of hydrocarbons with no dead dinosaurs

We have reached peak oil for a few decades now. I note this as someone that supports moving from oil.

We're nowhere near reaching peak oil. I work in exploration and development and have never seen capacity size reservoirs that we are seeing now. That's just what we are seeing.

I probably wasn't clear. I was being sarcastic.

Forum List

Back