PC phrase of the year

Maybe the century.

EIT.

Mind boggling.
Yeah, I said something about that out loud last night in my kitchen. "You know the government has gone batshit crazy when they invent an acronym for torture."

There was another one discussed. Can't remember what they called it but it sounded like a PC term for an over the top enema :(

Maybe the century.

EIT.

Mind boggling.
Yeah, I said something about that out loud last night in my kitchen. "You know the government has gone batshit crazy when they invent an acronym for torture."

That is what they do. One of the most amusing, at least to me, was when we used the acronym BITE for built in test equipment, they came up with NIBBLE, normalized interrogation of black box line equipment.

Maybe the century.

EIT.

Mind boggling.

That is what they do. One of the most amusing, at least to me, was when we used the acronym BITE for built in test equipment, they came up with NIBBLE, normalized interrogation of black box line equipment.
Yes, when I was active duty, every part of our normal day to day conversation was laced with acronyms and command specific vernacular. Outsiders could not understand a thing we said.

That is actually my point. When our government has normalized torture to the point of making up an acronym for it, we have become exceedingly morally bankrupt.

I'm going to go with "Trigger Warning" as PC phrase of the year. EIT is so 2002.

I thought EIT was dubbed under the Bush administration.

The phrase "enhanced interrogation techniques" was, but the first time "EIT" was used in a wide public format, as far as I can recall, was yesterday during a press conference by John Brennan.

The phrase "enhanced interrogation techniques" was, but the first time "EIT" was used in a wide public format, as far as I can recall, was yesterday during a press conference by John Brennan.
Are you sure about that. I thought I remembered Rumsfeld using the term to lessen the idea of torture when all of this first came out.

I could phrase that better...because EIT is not torture and I am proud that our heroes did what was necessary to protect the American people!

Forum List

Back