PBS and rethinking the conservative argument

[
You're doing it because you love to whine.

My boss fired me

Rich people fucked me over

And I am not have never been and never will be a member of any political party.

Only you sheep need to listen to idiot politicians to have a clue how to live your life.

Society is secondary to the individual not primary as you and your collectivist ovine buffoons seem to think

In short, you're a selfish asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

We got that. Thanks.

I care about plenty and give to those causes I just don't need assholes like you telling me what I should care about.

[
You're doing it because you love to whine.

My boss fired me

Rich people fucked me over

And I am not have never been and never will be a member of any political party.

Only you sheep need to listen to idiot politicians to have a clue how to live your life.

Society is secondary to the individual not primary as you and your collectivist ovine buffoons seem to think

In short, you're a selfish asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

We got that. Thanks.

Ever notice how these 2 fisted "individualists" generally have some military background and/or work in a government job?

:lol:

Really?

I never joined the military or worked a government job.

Unlike you sheep the "do it because I said so" mindset is alien to me.

Back when I was more right wing than I am now, I had a liberal buddy who volunteered to work at PBS for their telethons.

And the argument I made was that PBS didn't need donations and it didn't need a government subsidy. There are plenty of corporations that would happily put their commercials on the quality programming they were producing.

And back in the 1990's, I could point to The History Channel and the Discovery Channel and the Learning Channel and Arts and Entertainment and say, "See, these channels are producing quality education and arts programming and making a buck doing it. The Market Forces win again!"

Yup. I really used to believe that.

Flash forward to today.

The History Channel (which sometimes got called the Hitler Channel because of all the WWII shows) is now a mix of Paws Shops, Logger and trucker shows. Which have nothing to do with History.

The Discovery Channel, on the weeks they aren't doing Shark Week, do street racing, and shows about people who catch crabs in Alaska. (And I don't mean that as a visit with the Palin family.)

The Learning Channel- or Just TLC- They went gutter trash first. Jon and Kate + Eight, Sarah Palin, Midgets, and other trash.

Ah, but Arts and Entertainment. Oops, now it's Rednecks and Exterminators.

In short, the opposite of the argument I made with all sincerity. Once you are a slave to the bottom line, you lose your principles pretty quickly.

Good point. I never thought of it like that. I'm just as Conservative now as I was back in the 90's... when I volunteered at PBS during Telethons.

Go figger.

Wait a minute..you did PBS Telethons?

I did too!

Copycat. :slap:

Forum List

Back