PAYPAL attacking gun rights

I still don't see your point.

Paypal does not exist to please every Tom, Dick & Dildoduck that comes along.

As I said, you want to purchase guns via the internet, then use another payment gateway. There are plenty out there.

Another interesting point there. Why the "necessity" for a GATEWAY in the first place except for the clearance of personal checks? Who the hell needs 'em otherwise? They just decide that their services were required so they could screw merchants AND customers in their little business scheme?
Granted. And how many of you have actually tried to purchase a gun online? Do any of you know the hoops you have to jump through?

Just go down to your local big boy toys shop or sporting goods retailer and buy yourself a gun. Quick, easy and takes less then two days.

Wasn't only the gun purchase that was at issue. Was also the "accessories" and, I presume, ammo. If you read the scenario in the second post I wrote, I wasn't in a rush -- it was a convenience and planned for an upcoming activity. Yet the ones telling me what an idiot I am haven't been able to tell me why, just that I am one. Oh, especially the one that doesn't bother with things like legal purchases, which THIS clearly would be if PAYPAL followed their own policy and left it to the merchant to do their own checking.

Real interesting group of liberals ya got here btw. The same group that generally screams "more gun control" every time there's a SCREWBALL that goes postal suddenly tellin' me how illogical it is to get a gun legally and/or how much quicker it is just to run down to local gun shop to get one. I'd have thought there would be screamin' about me wanting to buy a gun -- not about how I choose to purchase it.

This is awesome. I'm beginning to think this thread was a set up to make dcon look intelligent, no a genius!, by comparison to the dimwitted Biz.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
if you havent noticed, and you dont seem to have, this is very consistant with most of my other posts, you are just too fucking moronic to get it
and since you agree with me here you think its ME that has changed

Might take a day or two for that to sink in ya know....

I seriously can't believe that this thread has actually reached 14 pages. What a waste of bandwidth since it was proven so many many pages ago that PayPal is doing nothing wrong. This is a sad testament to the intelligence of some people on this board.

Proven? What was proven is that they are violating their own policy -- speaking of intelligence, or lack thereof. THAT might account for the number of pages....

Another interesting point there. Why the "necessity" for a GATEWAY in the first place except for the clearance of personal checks? Who the hell needs 'em otherwise? They just decide that their services were required so they could screw merchants AND customers in their little business scheme?
Granted. And how many of you have actually tried to purchase a gun online? Do any of you know the hoops you have to jump through?

Just go down to your local big boy toys shop or sporting goods retailer and buy yourself a gun. Quick, easy and takes less then two days.

Wasn't only the gun purchase that was at issue. Was also the "accessories" and, I presume, ammo. If you read the scenario in the second post I wrote, I wasn't in a rush -- it was a convenience and planned for an upcoming activity. Yet the ones telling me what an idiot I am haven't been able to tell me why, just that I am one. Oh, especially the one that doesn't bother with things like legal purchases, which THIS clearly would be if PAYPAL followed their own policy and left it to the merchant to do their own checking.

Real interesting group of liberals ya got here btw. The same group that generally screams "more gun control" every time there's a SCREWBALL that goes postal suddenly tellin' me how illogical it is to get a gun legally and/or how much quicker it is just to run down to local gun shop to get one. I'd have thought there would be screamin' about me wanting to buy a gun -- not about how I choose to purchase it.

They gave up on that one.

So what Ammendment guarantees the right to use paypal? :cuckoo:

The Preamble of our Declaration of Independence states:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You have a problem with the my unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness?

I have no problem with your pursuit of happiness, the problem you face is believing private companies are somehow obligated to craft services and policies around your liking.

So what Ammendment guarantees the right to use paypal? :cuckoo:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I have no problem with your pursuit of happiness, the problem you face is believing private companies are somehow obligated to craft services and policies around your liking.

Jesus F. Christ.... I did not ask them to craft anything to my liking. I'm suggesting that they not pick and choose which of their own "crafted" services and policies they will selectively provide/adhere to.

I'm no liberal or progressive. I'm the biggest advocate of gun rights on this forum.

This however, is not a gun rights issue, but a free market issue.

I've also not called you an idiot or issued any other ad hominien attack against you.

Simply put, Paypal has the right to set rules and also the right to refuse to do business with anyone. All I did is point out that there are other alternatives to Paypal for your gun purchases.

Do note, you have the right for the PURSUIT of Happiness but not the right OF Happiness.

Do note, you have the right for the PURSUIT of Happiness but not the right OF Happiness.
bobby gets one right ;)

I'm no liberal or progressive. I'm the biggest advocate of gun rights on this forum.

I've also not called you an idiot or issued any other ad hominien attack against you.

Simply put, Paypal has the right to set rules and also the right to refuse to do business with anyone. All I did is point out that there are other alternatives to Paypal for your gun purchases.

Despite the phrasing -- especially about the insults -- it wasn't inclusive. You weren't the first to suggest that it was "easier" and "quicker" to deal in person. And yes, PAYPAL does have the right to set rules, which they've done -- those rules clearly state that some gun purchases (and related items) are allowed and that the onus is on the merchant to ensure the legality of the purchase. So, if they block ALL sales, how in hell would THEY know whether or not the intended purchase/sale WAS legal or illegal? Not possible. They have arbitrarily chosen to CHANGE THE POLICY without notice and PROBABLY PRESUME that the purchase/sale is not a legal transaction. Hey.... But it's me that's being illogical and idiotic here, ya know.... :)

I'm not in the habit of giving up my pursuits.....

Not to change the subject, but those of you whose think this is appropriate, would you be of the same opinion if this was a national pharmacy chain whose policy dictated a ban on filling instant abortion prescription using the same logic, fear of lawsuit.
It's not the same thing. In order to get a paypal account one must have a credit card or bank account to link it to...no one needs a paypal account to buy guns.

If you don't like that example, let me make it more concise.

Let's say Paypal enacts a policy that it will not allow the purchase of certain medications from internet or mail order pharmacies i.e. providing instant abortion pills, due to (they claim) the risk of lawsuit.
Still not working for me. Paypal is asking merchants to prove they are reputable dealers. The merchants apparently couldn't be bothered to do so...and I don't blame them for that. It isn't worth my while to take credit cards as payment from my clients because it just isn't cost effective. But since I will take other forms of payment, i.e. cash, check, money order or wire transfer...no one is being denied my services or products.

Despite the phrasing -- especially about the insults -- it wasn't inclusive. You weren't the first to suggest that it was "easier" and "quicker" to deal in person. And yes, PAYPAL does have the right to set rules, which they've done -- those rules clearly state that some gun purchases (and related items) are allowed and that the onus is on the merchant to ensure the legality of the purchase. So, if they block ALL sales, how in hell would THEY know whether or not the intended purchase/sale WAS legal or illegal? Not possible. They have arbitrarily chosen to CHANGE THE POLICY without notice and PROBABLY PRESUME that the purchase/sale is not a legal transaction. Hey.... But it's me that's being illogical and idiotic here, ya know.... :)
Not at all. There is however, an easy solution.

If you don't like the way Paypal does business, don't do business with them.

This goes for any business. If I don't like the way anyone does business, then I simply take My money elsewhere.

This goes for any business. If I don't like the way anyone does business, then I simply take My money elsewhere.

There was that "boycott" request way back there.... :lol:

Seriously, this argument is on principle only. I've had similar arguments with my immediate supervisor (an agency Director). If you're going to put policies in place, then you'd damn well better adhere to them and not let your personal feelings about a particular issue or person get in the way.

Seriously, this argument is on principle only. I've had similar arguments with my immediate supervisor (an agency Director). If you're going to put policies in place, then you'd damn well better adhere to them and not let your personal feelings about a particular issue or person get in the way.
I agree. Consistancy is a must when doing business.

A boycott of one is as effective as any. In the end, what works for Me is all that matters.

A boycott of one is as effective as any. In the end, what works for Me is all that matters.

Take note, people. This was not all that difficult, and it did not take more than 1 page.... :)

Take note, people. This was not all that difficult, and it did not take more than 1 page.... :)
??

??

Just a little of my sarcasm.... as I remembered some of the previous comments.... This one in particular....

I seriously can't believe that this thread has actually reached 14 pages. What a waste of bandwidth since it was proven so many many pages ago that PayPal is doing nothing wrong. This is a sad testament to the intelligence of some people on this board.

LOL!

It's not the same thing. In order to get a paypal account one must have a credit card or bank account to link it to...no one needs a paypal account to buy guns.

Let's say Paypal enacts a policy that it will not allow the purchase of certain medications from internet or mail order pharmacies i.e. providing instant abortion pills, due to (they claim) the risk of lawsuit.
Still not working for me. Paypal is asking merchants to prove they are reputable dealers. The merchants apparently couldn't be bothered to do so...and I don't blame them for that. It isn't worth my while to take credit cards as payment from my clients because it just isn't cost effective. But since I will take other forms of payment, i.e. cash, check, money order or wire transfer...no one is being denied my services or products.
You are way behind times, and most likely losing a lot of money. You build the cost of the credit card use into the product. I can carry a $20.00 bill in my wallet for weeks at a time because I always use my credit card. I pay the entire bill at the end of the month and am not charged for the services of the credit card company. Many other people are doing this as well. So, if I came in your store, and you refused to take my credit card, I would walk out of your store empty handed.

You are way behind times, and most likely losing a lot of money. You build the cost of the credit card use into the product. I can carry a $20.00 bill in my wallet for weeks at a time because I always use my credit card. I pay the entire bill at the end of the month and am not charged for the services of the credit card company. Many other people are doing this as well. So, if I came in your store, and you refused to take my credit card, I would walk out of your store empty handed.
I don't have a store so your scenario doesn't apply. Not enough of my clients have a desire to pay by credit card so it is not worth my while to comply to credit card rules. If I lose the one, and really it has only ever been one, client that wanted to pay that way it matters not at all. Just not worth the bother, and I doubt it is worth the bother to these people selling guns to live up to paypals rules when it is possible to pay by credit card.

You do realize you can't have a paypal account unless it is tied to a credit card or your bank account, right?

IMO, this entire subject is nothing more that hysterical rightwingers trying to make something exist that doesn't. Namely, paypal trying to usurp second amendment rights. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back