American Bar Association gives Sonia Sotomayor its highest rating

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
Reporting from Washington -- Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor has received the stamp of approval from the American Bar Assn. less than a week before her confirmation hearing begins on Capitol Hill.

Sotomayor, a sitting federal appeals judge in New York, was deemed "well qualified" to serve as an associate justice on the high court by an ABA panel -- the highest rating the national attorney organization bestows. The White House was notified by a letter Tuesday to counsel Gregory Craig.
American Bar Association gives Sonia Sotomayor its highest rating - Los Angeles Times

Well, that oughtta burnish her credentials with everyday Americans!! :rolleyes:

Yes, it oughtta. Or do you think the ABA is untrustworthy?

oh, hell, why would *anyone* think a group of lawyers was untrustworthy?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah yes. A group of individuals who are involved in a profession with incredibly stringent ethics rules is, of course, untrustworthy :lol::lol::lol:

Yay for crappy stereotypes. Why did we even bother discussing Ricci, Del, I'm sure all those untrustworthy lawyers were just making shit up, right?

Yes, it oughtta. Or do you think the ABA is untrustworthy?

Ah yes. A group of individuals who are involved in a profession with incredibly stringent ethics rules is, of course, untrustworthy :lol::lol::lol:

Yay for crappy stereotypes. Why did we even bother discussing Ricci, Del, I'm sure all those untrustworthy lawyers were just making shit up, right?

nik, why don't you pull the stik out of your ass and relax?

lawyers, oh, excuse me, *attorneys* regularly finish at or near the top of the most untrustworthy professions. typically they're only beaten out by car salesmen, real estate salesman and politicians.

so, call me crazy, but i'm going to say that most people think lawyers are moneygrubbing, shiftless, lying cocksuckers who would steal the rings off their dead mothers' corpses.

not that there's anything wrong with that, *counselor*.

lawyers, oh, excuse me, *attorneys* regularly finish at or near the top of the most untrustworthy professions. typically they're only beaten out by car salesmen, real estate salesman and politicians.

so, call me crazy, but i'm going to say that most people think lawyers are moneygrubbing, shiftless, lying cocksuckers who would steal the rings off their dead mothers' corpses.

Oh well, because people think it, it must be true, right?

So glad that 2,000 years ago the sun revolved around the earth, but then it all switched when Galileo came around, right?

People think lawyers are untrustworthy because they can't comprehend the concept of an adversarial system. Its no surprise that you fall into that category, Del.

So glad that 2,000 years ago the sun revolved around the earth, but then it all switched when Galileo came around, right?

People think lawyers are untrustworthy because they can't comprehend the concept of an adversarial system. Its no surprise that you fall into that category, Del.

people think lawyers are untrustworthy because a fair percentage of them have proven to be just that. funny thing about humans, huh?

it's no surprise that you make a feeble attempt to disparage me.

i'll try not to let it destroy my faith in wannabe shysters, nikki.
:lol:

people think lawyers are untrustworthy because a fair percentage of them have proven to be just that. funny thing about humans, huh?

Please define "fair percentage" and describe how they've proven to be that.

Good luck =).

Good luck =).

sure: greater than zero and found guilty.

Google

got any more stupid questions, counselor?

To be a member in good standing in the American Bar Association, don't you have to know how to make all of those funny tasting drinks with the umbrellas?

Good luck =).

Google

Well Del, I did do a Google search on teachers, reverends, plumbers, and doctors and found a plethora of convictions on them too...just sayin.

Good luck =).

Google

Well Del, I did do a Google search on teachers, reverends, plumbers, and doctors and found a plethora of convictions on them too...just sayin.

which would be my point. nikki's in law school (s/he says) and takes great offense when the proper deference isn't shown to *officers of the court*.

looks like that ABA rating made a HUGE difference...Sotomayor Enters Confirmation Process with Miers-Like Numbers : Now! Hampshire

:lol: "miers-like"

ouch

Reporting from Washington -- Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor has received the stamp of approval from the American Bar Assn. less than a week before her confirmation hearing begins on Capitol Hill.

Sotomayor, a sitting federal appeals judge in New York, was deemed "well qualified" to serve as an associate justice on the high court by an ABA panel -- the highest rating the national attorney organization bestows. The White House was notified by a letter Tuesday to counsel Gregory Craig.
American Bar Association gives Sonia Sotomayor its highest rating - Los Angeles Times
What about the National Bar Association (the oldest predominantly African American lawyers and judges association of the bar) and the (HNBA) Hispanic Bar Association; have either of them spoken up for Sotomayor?

Forum List

Back