'Pawn Stars' Star Rick Harrison Has Tough Words For Administration

Wow business people just want to conduct business and make money, while hiring folks. What a concept!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick must be plotting someway to crush the lower classes and become supreme ruler of the world by promoting capitalism!!!!!!!!!! And leftwingers really believe a guy that owns a pawn shop is in the top 1%.

Rick Harrison alone is worth over 5 million, he is well into the 1%. They, including most pawn shops make a killing off of ripping people off.

Yep. "Hey, what you got there is only worth $100, nothing more than that". So they buy it and stick a $350 price tag on it.

if you dont like the price

take it somewhere else

simple as that

I never said I knew the profit margins.

You claim they bought stuff for $100 and sold it for $350, are you saying you made it up?

I remember an episode of Hardcore Pawn, they bought an old gumball machine for $50 - said that was all it was worth - and they put a price tag of $250 on it.
To me, that is excessive. You could have given the seller $150, and sold it for $250, you still make a profit of $100.

So, now we change the story, it now goes to $50, and did they actually sell it for $250? What is the company's overhead? How many employees, what is their rent. The mere idea someone made an excessive profit throws you.

You want to scream profit margins, look at the price of soda and what it actually cost to produce.

You claim they bought stuff for $100 and sold it for $350, are you saying you made it up?

I remember an episode of Hardcore Pawn, they bought an old gumball machine for $50 - said that was all it was worth - and they put a price tag of $250 on it.
To me, that is excessive. You could have given the seller $150, and sold it for $250, you still make a profit of $100.

So, now we change the story, it now goes to $50, and did they actually sell it for $250? What is the company's overhead? How many employees, what is their rent. The mere idea someone made an excessive profit throws you.

You want to scream profit margins, look at the price of soda and what it actually cost to produce.

"may have made an excessive profit"

no one knows if the item sold for 250 bucks

or if it sold at all

She's a moron, she thinks revenue, is the same as profit...see to Noomi, he pockets all of the $200.....but doesnt realize he has to live, the old man has to live, Chumlee has to live and his son has to live....they have benefits, they have to run power to keep the store on, they have to reduce the price if it doesnt sell over a period of time....Noomi that is called depreciation, btw.....so sometimes he may not get the $50 on something and some things they lose money on....but she has no concept of any of that....to her the only transactions and time they are open is what is on tv....To her the tv series didnt cherry pick certain ones that were more interesting or lucrative...and that he made alot of that money from the tv series...not the pawn shop......naaaaaaah....

PS
She thinks all business owners are rich right wing crazies, and that they just hoard their money....and stack it up so people can look at it.....

Last edited:
Pretty funny, Papagordo.

That pot gutted fuck has some good risk management instincts, but he'd be over his head pretty quick in a big operation. That is what his statement proves.

One hopes you are NOT one of the ignorant cocksuckers mistaking me for a fake liberal (aka Democrat) just because nutballs make me laugh.

I think you are an ignorant cocksucker, who is clueless in running a business and nothing you posted has changed my mind.

A. You personalized this with "Thus proving you are clueless in running a business."

B. Nothing in my opinion "proved" anything. Your response indicated plenty.

C. For example, that you might not have enough mind to change.

D. Next.

You inferred as much on your first post to me, I have ran, bought and sold many businesses. Glad you can perceive, but usually I find perception is not usually reality.

or if it sold at all

Good point, how long will that money be tied up before it comes back?

or if it sold at all

Good point, how long will that money be tied up before it comes back?

it could be forever

that is the gamble

and could turn out to be a loss of an investment and space

Wow business people just want to conduct business and make money, while hiring folks. What a concept!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick must be plotting someway to crush the lower classes and become supreme ruler of the world by promoting capitalism!!!!!!!!!! And leftwingers really believe a guy that owns a pawn shop is in the top 1%.

Rick Harrison alone is worth over 5 million, he is well into the 1%. They, including most pawn shops make a killing off of ripping people off.

Then dont sell your shit to a pawnshop. The people who sell to pawnshops are lazy fucks. You would get much more for an item if you were to sell it yourself.
So the guy makes money off of lazy fucks. Boo fucken Hoo!

Just remember when you give up your rights now dont expect to get them back ...

Oh my....well that's the end of this Administration, isn't it?

To have the Pawn Star guy say tough things....well....words escape me....powerful....really.

I cannot wait until till honey boo comes out with her opinion on the budget debate or jersey shores snookie on global warming!!:eusa_whistle:

Well Honey Boo backed Obama and it made news....so it's funny that you
!) said it
2) didnt know it
3) honey boo boo supported your guy....start playing dueling banjos....I guess redneck hicks are still in the democrat party.....I'm suprised the elistist abortion lovers weren't "thrilled" with the endorsement......democrats always have to bring kids into politics.

I never said I knew the profit margins.

You'd rather watch conflict, bitching, violence, tantrums and drama...so you probably like the kardashians, jerry springer, maury, montel, ect.....but you dont like to learn about artifacts and the history of things....yep sounds like a liberal

I find it ridiculous that they have to bring in experts to tell them what something is, so they have an idea of how much money they get from it.
Laughable.
"Hey, I have no idea what this thing is, but if you tell me, I will know how much I can mark up the price and rip someone off!"

I hate to say it but you did pigeon hole yourself on that one.
I've seen the show a few times,and the info about the items from a pro was one of the few redeeming qualities.
As far as watching people make idiots of themselves? I find myself being embarrassed for them. Which doesnt really make for good entertainment in my book.

What you people don't realize is that the pawn shop owner doesn't actually realize the entire profit from a resale.

He has to pay people to handle the merchandise, clean it up etc, he has to heat and cool the store, he has to pay insurance, taxes etc etc.

If he bought something for 50 bucks and sold it for 100 he probably lost money.

and if it turns out it was stolen he loses everything he paid for it.

True, I forgot about that part. He loses it all, part of the expense for being in business. That's why they don't pay full retail for people's crap.

he will now find out how being a political celeb works for him.

why is he mad at Obama for the sequester the republicans forced on us?

Like I said and you have not answered, how is taking less then 1% of the US economy and taking less than 2% out of government spending, hurting the economy?

There is more uncertainty in the healthcare than in the sequester because the cuts in the sequester are so small. I work at a business that is worried about the cost and implementation of Obama care than sequester, they prefer the shrinking of government costs.

Rick Harrison isn't exactly a political analyst but his opinion of the administration as a small business owner is probably typical and should be taken seriously.

Rick Harrison isn't exactly a political analyst but his opinion of the administration as a small business owner is probably typical and should be taken seriously.

That's my thought, he is living it and seeing it first hand. I speak with a lot of small business owners daily, and the frustration is out there. I'm not blaming any one President but it has been growing for a long time.

And yet, the best tax situtation a person can be in is to be a sole proprietor of a small business.

he will now find out how being a political celeb works for him.

why is he mad at Obama for the sequester the republicans forced on us?

Like I said and you have not answered, how is taking less then 1% of the US economy and taking less than 2% out of government spending, hurting the economy?

There is more uncertainty in the healthcare than in the sequester because the cuts in the sequester are so small. I work at a business that is worried about the cost and implementation of Obama care than sequester, they prefer the shrinking of government costs.

this celeb jsut showed you fool

Forum List

Back