'Pawn Stars' Star Rick Harrison Has Tough Words For Administration

'Pawn Stars' Star Rick Harrison Has Tough Words For Administration

Just remember when you give up your rights now dont expect to get them back ...

Oh my....well that's the end of this Administration, isn't it?

To have the Pawn Star guy say tough things....well....words escape me....powerful....really.

I cannot wait until till honey boo comes out with her opinion on the budget debate or jersey shores snookie on global warming!!:eusa_whistle:

Wow business people just want to conduct business and make money, while hiring folks. What a concept!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick must be plotting someway to crush the lower classes and become supreme ruler of the world by promoting capitalism!!!!!!!!!! And leftwingers really believe a guy that owns a pawn shop is in the top 1%.

Do you really believe that?

What it seemed to me like was some fat blowhard shooting his mouth off about things he doesn't understand.

Interesting.

It is just as easy to open and run a business now as it was 20 years ago. The idea that we have too many regulations for businesses to be profitable is ridiculous.

I love what Rick does in his business. Buying low and selling high is good stuff. But.....if you don't know that the RW echo chamber is sucking his cock hard to get him to dish on Obama.....you might be lacking awareness.

I expect that he might walk back his rhetoric or make his journey in RW media land a very short one.

No it's not, I have opened businesses and this last year it was to much of a haske and waiting to get it to open, the loss of time in getting the right paperwork and permits, was much longer than ever before.

I don't blame Obama, I blame government and the growing control. We need a new mindset in this country. We need to encourage not discourage small business.

Also, look at all the small businesses failing and having issues. We have so many closing and leaving way for the big box stores that liberals claim to despise.

Wow business people just want to conduct business and make money, while hiring folks. What a concept!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick must be plotting someway to crush the lower classes and become supreme ruler of the world by promoting capitalism!!!!!!!!!! And leftwingers really believe a guy that owns a pawn shop is in the top 1%.

What it seemed to me like was some fat blowhard shooting his mouth off about things he doesn't understand.

Interesting.

Thus proving you are clueless in running a business.

Interesting.

Pretty funny, Papagordo.

That pot gutted fuck has some good risk management instincts, but he'd be over his head pretty quick in a big operation. That is what his statement proves.

One hopes you are NOT one of the ignorant cocksuckers mistaking me for a fake liberal (aka Democrat) just because nutballs make me laugh.

Interesting.

Pretty funny, Papagordo.

That pot gutted fuck has some good risk management instincts, but he'd be over his head pretty quick in a big operation. That is what his statement proves.

One hopes you are NOT one of the ignorant cocksuckers mistaking me for a fake liberal (aka Democrat) just because nutballs make me laugh.

I think you are an ignorant cocksucker, who is clueless in running a business and nothing you posted has changed my mind.

Rick Harrison alone is worth over 5 million, he is well into the 1%. They, including most pawn shops make a killing off of ripping people off.

Yep. "Hey, what you got there is only worth $100, nothing more than that". So they buy it and stick a $350 price tag on it.

Rick Harrison alone is worth over 5 million, he is well into the 1%. They, including most pawn shops make a killing off of ripping people off.

Yep. "Hey, what you got there is only worth $100, nothing more than that". So they buy it and stick a $350 price tag on it.

You know that for a fact that is what he sells it for? You kmust also know what his operating costs, and what his profit margin is on every item. You also must realize they have to keep that merchandise on hold in inventory for 30 days, then it sits on a shelf for how long before it is bought. And you realize how his cash flow is now tied to that one item. Most pawn shops by at 50% of what they can sell it for, it is figured into the operating cost, you know the building rent, the sewer, water, electric, the gas, the employees wages and benefits and so on. I bet he is lucky to hammer out a 10% profit on 99% of his inventory.

How do you become an expert on pawn stores?

You know that for a fact that is what he sells it for? You kmust also know what his operating costs, and what his profit margin is on every item. You also must realize they have to keep that merchandise on hold in inventory for 30 days, then it sits on a shelf for how long before it is bought. And you realize how his cash flow is now tied to that one item. Most pawn shops by at 50% of what they can sell it for, it is figured into the operating cost, you know the building rent, the sewer, water, electric, the gas, the employees wages and benefits and so on. I bet he is lucky to hammer out a 10% profit on 99% of his inventory.

His store would be vastly different to the store seen in Hardcore Pawn, which is a show I prefer.
I am not a fan of Pawn Stars - calling in 'experts' to examine nearly every item that comes in just doesn't make for good viewing.
Watching someone demand money and throw a tantrum when they can't get it is damned good entertainment, though...

His store would be vastly different to the store seen in Hardcore Pawn, which is a show I prefer.
I am not a fan of Pawn Stars - calling in 'experts' to examine nearly every item that comes in just doesn't make for good viewing.
Watching someone demand money and throw a tantrum when they can't get it is damned good entertainment, though...

So, they should take their great great grandpaw's civil war gun and sell it on ebay or through some auction house to get more money so they can pay off their gambling debt. Better yet, they should keep the family heirloom and pass it along to one of the grand kids that appreciates stuff like that. I think that was great great grandpaw's original idea anyway... Never saw so many dumb greedy loafers in my entire life.

Last edited:

So, you retract your bogus statement earlier, claiming you know the profit margins?

Yeah, people yelling at each other is good TV. At least we know where you are coming from.

So, they should take their great great grandpaw's civil war gun and sell it on ebay or through some auction house to get more money so they can pay off their gambling debt. Better yet, they should keep the family heirloom and pass it along to one of the grand kids that appreciates stuff like that. I think that was great great grandpaw's original idea anyway... Never saw so many dumb greedy loafers in my entire life.

The saddest thing is when they take in all this stuff that would be worth a fortune in years to come. Things handed down through generations, and they pawn it for a few dollars. Like your freaking great great parent handed that down to you, and you flog it off for a few bucks? What the hell are you thinking?

So, you retract your bogus statement earlier, claiming you know the profit margins?

Yeah, people yelling at each other is good TV. At least we know where you are coming from.

I never said I knew the profit margins.

You'd rather watch conflict, bitching, violence, tantrums and drama...so you probably like the kardashians, jerry springer, maury, montel, ect.....but you dont like to learn about artifacts and the history of things....yep sounds like a liberal

You'd rather watch conflict, bitching, violence, tantrums and drama...so you probably like the kardashians, jerry springer, maury, montel, ect.....but you dont like to learn about artifacts and the history of things....yep sounds like a liberal

I find it ridiculous that they have to bring in experts to tell them what something is, so they have an idea of how much money they get from it.
Laughable.
"Hey, I have no idea what this thing is, but if you tell me, I will know how much I can mark up the price and rip someone off!"

Proof Positive Black Label is jealous, lazy little bitch...

No wonder he/she voted for Oblamer...

I find it ridiculous that they have to bring in experts to tell them what something is, so they have an idea of how much money they get from it.
Laughable.
"Hey, I have no idea what this thing is, but if you tell me, I will know how much I can mark up the price and rip someone off!"

Are they supposed to know everything? Do you even try to imagine what it's like to run a pawn shop....I'd love to see you do it...that would be HILARIOUS....you'd just guess as to what it's worth....oh well if we close I'll have lost all my money and everyone working for me will be fired....OOOPS

It's smart business.....how is it ripping someone off....to get market conditions for it? God you liberals really dont understand buisness..everything should be free....you shouldnt get any information on a product, AND you should pay your employees $100/hour just to sweep the floors.....OMG

It is just as easy to open and run a business now as it was 20 years ago. The idea that we have too many regulations for businesses to be profitable is ridiculous.

I love what Rick does in his business. Buying low and selling high is good stuff. But.....if you don't know that the RW echo chamber is sucking his cock hard to get him to dish on Obama.....you might be lacking awareness.

I expect that he might walk back his rhetoric or make his journey in RW media land a very short one.

Now that is projection, he just described liberal politics. Are you saying the RW gave him money to make up stuff? What exactally are you saying?

And lone you dont think regulations have been implemented?

Ill give you one, OBamacare.....too long wont go there now
Another Cafe Standards.....do you know how car mfg keep up to make those mpg requirements.....by using lighter and in many cases weaker materials.....so yeah it has an effect....sometimes on cost...sometimes on quality....but you know what, businesses dont pay for it...the regular joe does.
So raise taxes on payroll...it just means w'ere getting less as employees...raise taxes on the rich, they just raise prices and we pay....maybe you noticed gas, food and just about everything going up......I wonder why!!

Asshole, who said anything about giving him money? I think they are kissing his ass. Know the difference?

Prove the regulatory load is too much for businesses to profit.

I suppose that would all depend on if you are referring to the burden it creates for big business or small business. Which leads to my next question: Are government regulations growing or stifling this economy? Why does our government feel the need to spend to create jobs, if the private sector can't do it on its own?

Lift the Regulatory Burden on Small Businesses - Economic Intelligence (usnews.com)

Forum List

Back