'Pawn Stars' Star Rick Harrison Has Tough Words For Administration

His store would be vastly different to the store seen in Hardcore Pawn, which is a show I prefer.
I am not a fan of Pawn Stars - calling in 'experts' to examine nearly every item that comes in just doesn't make for good viewing.
Watching someone demand money and throw a tantrum when they can't get it is damned good entertainment, though...

So, you retract your bogus statement earlier, claiming you know the profit margins?

Yeah, people yelling at each other is good TV. At least we know where you are coming from.

I never said I knew the profit margins.

You claim they bought stuff for $100 and sold it for $350, are you saying you made it up?

You'd rather watch conflict, bitching, violence, tantrums and drama...so you probably like the kardashians, jerry springer, maury, montel, ect.....but you dont like to learn about artifacts and the history of things....yep sounds like a liberal

I find it ridiculous that they have to bring in experts to tell them what something is, so they have an idea of how much money they get from it.
Laughable.
"Hey, I have no idea what this thing is, but if you tell me, I will know how much I can mark up the price and rip someone off!"

Then people shouldn't sell it to them. You also realize that Hardcore Pawn is like a lot of "reality" TV, it is made up and scripted. So most of what you see is acting.

You'd rather watch conflict, bitching, violence, tantrums and drama...so you probably like the kardashians, jerry springer, maury, montel, ect.....but you dont like to learn about artifacts and the history of things....yep sounds like a liberal

I find it ridiculous that they have to bring in experts to tell them what something is, so they have an idea of how much money they get from it.
Laughable.
"Hey, I have no idea what this thing is, but if you tell me, I will know how much I can mark up the price and rip someone off!"

Then people shouldn't sell it to them. You also realize that Hardcore Pawn is like a lot of "reality" TV, it is made up and scripted. So most of what you see is acting.

I agree that people are naive and should know they are being ripped off. I'd never pawn anything for that reason.

So, you retract your bogus statement earlier, claiming you know the profit margins?

Yeah, people yelling at each other is good TV. At least we know where you are coming from.

You claim they bought stuff for $100 and sold it for $350, are you saying you made it up?

I remember an episode of Hardcore Pawn, they bought an old gumball machine for $50 - said that was all it was worth - and they put a price tag of $250 on it.
To me, that is excessive. You could have given the seller $150, and sold it for $250, you still make a profit of $100.

Just remember when you give up your rights now dont expect to get them back ...

LOL this thread is hilarious. Some conservatives hear a celebrity say something they agree with and they have to tell the internet.

Who the fuck cares what Rick Harrison thinks?

Next thing you know, you might tell us what Honey Boo Boo thinks. Same class of viewer.

Honey Boo Boo is awesome man, she is an Obama supporter.

Thus proving you are clueless in running a business.

Pretty funny, Papagordo.

That pot gutted fuck has some good risk management instincts, but he'd be over his head pretty quick in a big operation. That is what his statement proves.

One hopes you are NOT one of the ignorant cocksuckers mistaking me for a fake liberal (aka Democrat) just because nutballs make me laugh.

I think you are an ignorant cocksucker, who is clueless in running a business and nothing you posted has changed my mind.

A. You personalized this with "Thus proving you are clueless in running a business."

B. Nothing in my opinion "proved" anything. Your response indicated plenty.

C. For example, that you might not have enough mind to change.

D. Next.

Wow business people just want to conduct business and make money, while hiring folks. What a concept!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick must be plotting someway to crush the lower classes and become supreme ruler of the world by promoting capitalism!!!!!!!!!! And leftwingers really believe a guy that owns a pawn shop is in the top 1%.

Rick Harrison alone is worth over 5 million, he is well into the 1%. They, including most pawn shops make a killing off of ripping people off.

Yep. "Hey, what you got there is only worth $100, nothing more than that". So they buy it and stick a $350 price tag on it.

no one is forcing that person to take what he offers....he is in a business to make money....or do you think he is in a non-profit business?.....many of those people who come in should take what they have to an Auction house.....but they dont.....is that Ricks fault?.....

Wow a guy that scams people out if their money, that really convinced me!!:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Next week will honey boo boo attacks Biden!! :eek:l

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po]Dueling Banjos (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

scams?

People come to him to sell things, he offers a price if the seller doesn't like the price he can take his shit elsewhere.

How is that a scam?

Yep. "Hey, what you got there is only worth $100, nothing more than that". So they buy it and stick a $350 price tag on it.

You know that for a fact that is what he sells it for? You kmust also know what his operating costs, and what his profit margin is on every item. You also must realize they have to keep that merchandise on hold in inventory for 30 days, then it sits on a shelf for how long before it is bought. And you realize how his cash flow is now tied to that one item. Most pawn shops by at 50% of what they can sell it for, it is figured into the operating cost, you know the building rent, the sewer, water, electric, the gas, the employees wages and benefits and so on. I bet he is lucky to hammer out a 10% profit on 99% of his inventory.

How do you become an expert on pawn stores?

His store would be vastly different to the store seen in Hardcore Pawn, which is a show I prefer.
I am not a fan of Pawn Stars - calling in 'experts' to examine nearly every item that comes in just doesn't make for good viewing.
Watching someone demand money and throw a tantrum when they can't get it is damned good entertainment, though...

throw a tantrum?.....what show are you watching?....and in Hardcore Pawn that guy does not pay what the thing might be worth for the same reason Rick wont.....

So, they should take their great great grandpaw's civil war gun and sell it on ebay or through some auction house to get more money so they can pay off their gambling debt. Better yet, they should keep the family heirloom and pass it along to one of the grand kids that appreciates stuff like that. I think that was great great grandpaw's original idea anyway... Never saw so many dumb greedy loafers in my entire life.

The saddest thing is when they take in all this stuff that would be worth a fortune in years to come. Things handed down through generations, and they pawn it for a few dollars. Like your freaking great great parent handed that down to you, and you flog it off for a few bucks? What the hell are you thinking?

is that Ricks fault?....

I remember an episode of Hardcore Pawn, they bought an old gumball machine for $50 - said that was all it was worth - and they put a price tag of $250 on it.
To me, that is excessive. You could have given the seller $150, and sold it for $250, you still make a profit of $100.

What you people don't realize is that the pawn shop owner doesn't actually realize the entire profit from a resale.

He has to pay people to handle the merchandise, clean it up etc, he has to heat and cool the store, he has to pay insurance, taxes etc etc.

If he bought something for 50 bucks and sold it for 100 he probably lost money.

Laughable.

yea like the one time he did not call in an expert and gave the guy 5 thousand for a book only to find out later it was worth a fraction of that.....Noomi if your saying you would not get something checked out before you shell out thousands for it.....then i dont think you would last to long in that business....even Auction houses check things out before they auction them off....its called selling a thing that is what they claim it is.....not a fake....

Only people who have no idea what the costs of running a business are get upset about mark ups.

Think about it for a while.

For one product a business owner has to pay, shipping, has to pay a person to unpack and put away the product, has to pay a person to enter the product into the computer inventory, has to pay someone to keep the MSDS books up to date, has to pay someone to put the trash from the packaging out, has to pay to have the trash removed from the property, has to pay someone to plow the parking lot in the winter so as to accept deliveries, has to heat and cool the space the product is stored, has to pay someone to dispense the product, has to pay someone to ring it up, has to pay payroll, workers' comp and a plethora of other taxes and insurance along the way etc, etc, etc.....

That's just for one product. Multiply that by a few thousand and then tell me what a mark up should be.

LOL this thread is hilarious. Some conservatives hear a celebrity say something they agree with and they have to tell the internet.

Next thing you know, you might tell us what Honey Boo Boo thinks. Same class of viewer.

and so liberals dont do the same thing?....

no, what this is is giving an example of how hard it can be to actually start up a business where you can actually give people jobs from someone that has recently experienced the difficulty. And in this case it is not just difficult because the government wouldn't issue permits due to budget cuts. Do you not see how absolutely ludicrous that is? They are paying people to tell people they can't issue a permit rather than have that same person they are already paying issue that permit!

What you people don't realize is that the pawn shop owner doesn't actually realize the entire profit from a resale.

He has to pay people to handle the merchandise, clean it up etc, he has to heat and cool the store, he has to pay insurance, taxes etc etc.

If he bought something for 50 bucks and sold it for 100 he probably lost money.

and if it turns out it was stolen he loses everything he paid for it.

Forum List

Back