Pawlenty!?

meh

milk toast white bread, that's just a Mitt light.

Was hoping for Condi

I know a few on the fence who believe Romney/Rice* would win by a significant margin. I tend to agree at this point. She is brilliant in foreign policy, Bush hampered her. Liddy Dole is my ideal, but she is 75, Snowe is tired of DC, so she is a no go. Plus both she & Collins are from Maine, Romney needs someone from the South or Mid West. Rubio is not a decent pick, and Chambliss MAY be too conservative to help him; that leaves Rice, McDonell, Pawlenty and the lose vote trio: Portman, Christie and Thune. Haley might help. but she is perhaps too young. An interesting topic; I do not think Romey needs a hard core conservative, the Obama haters will not waste many votes on Johnson. The best opinions I believe come from present day Bush II/Cheney lovers, they will vote for Romney if he picks Steve King or Bachmann.

I would be inclined to, also.

I like them all but Collins. She's a nice lady and all, but too liberal. The others are great. Yeah I'd love to have Rice, I think Liddy is a little too old though. I also love Jindal, he would be great.

If it were in the bag, I'd say B1 Bob. LOLOLOLOL.....the thought of that is so funny I really laughed.
At this point, most of the people they listed are fine, and I'm almost as right wing as they come.

Tim Pawlenty stock soars in Mitt Romney-world - POLITICO.com

Tim Pawlenty has jumped to the top of the vice presidential shortlist of several Mitt Romney advisers after emerging as the most effective — and well-liked — surrogate for the GOP nominee-to-be, according to several Republicans familiar with campaign deliberations.

The former Minnesota governor has impressed top Romney officials with his winning onstage presence at a grueling roster of Republican events throughout the country and with his low-maintenance personal style that has made him a favorite with the campaign’s tight-knit inner circle at the Boston headquarters.

Do you really care who gets the Romney VP nod?

Seriously... You fuckers are running Plugs Biden for chrissakes...

A potted fern would outshine Plugs Biden....

Yeah, Bidden is a dumb ass, and just arrogant enough to really make it special.

meh

Was hoping for Condi

I know a few on the fence who believe Romney/Rice* would win by a significant margin. I tend to agree at this point. She is brilliant in foreign policy, Bush hampered her. Liddy Dole is my ideal, but she is 75, Snowe is tired of DC, so she is a no go. Plus both she & Collins are from Maine, Romney needs someone from the South or Mid West. Rubio is not a decent pick, and Chambliss MAY be too conservative to help him; that leaves Rice, McDonell, Pawlenty and the lose vote trio: Portman, Christie and Thune. Haley might help. but she is perhaps too young. An interesting topic; I do not think Romey needs a hard core conservative, the Obama haters will not waste many votes on Johnson. The best opinions I believe come from present day Bush II/Cheney lovers, they will vote for Romney if he picks Steve King or Bachmann.

A young friend of mine who recently graduated from Stanford and who attended a number of Ms. Rices lectures, said that the former Secretary stated emphatically she was done with political office.

Pawlenty would be a good choice- but then anyone is better then what we suffer with now.

meh

Was hoping for Condi

I like them all but Collins. She's a nice lady and all, but too liberal. The others are great. Yeah I'd love to have Rice, I think Liddy is a little too old though. I also love Jindal, he would be great.

If it were in the bag, I'd say B1 Bob. LOLOLOLOL.....the thought of that is so funny I really laughed.
At this point, most of the people they listed are fine, and I'm almost as right wing as they come.

Really? What makes her so f'ing brilliant at foreign policy? I'm tired of the pretentious "foreign policy" talking points. You either understand systems and cultures or you don't.

We were told Obama was brilliant on foreign policy and it was based on nothing. He has been a total moron on foreign policy. I could give example after example.

The bottom line is you can either trust your pres/vp or you can't. If you trust them domestically then it'll cross over into foreign policy too.

Really? What makes her so f'ing brilliant at foreign policy? I'm tired of the pretentious "foreign policy" talking points. You either understand systems and cultures or you don't.

We were told Obama was brilliant on foreign policy and it was based on nothing. He has been a total moron on foreign policy. I could give example after example.

The bottom line is you can either trust your pres/vp or you can't. If you trust them domestically then it'll cross over into foreign policy too.

I've heard her speak, she knows her stuff. She understands how and why the world is dangerous and she knows what to do and is willing to keep all options open, even waterboarding

Tim Pawlenty has jumped to the top of the vice presidential shortlist of several Mitt Romney advisers after emerging as the most effective — and well-liked — surrogate for the GOP nominee-to-be, according to several Republicans familiar with campaign deliberations.

The former Minnesota governor has impressed top Romney officials with his winning onstage presence at a grueling roster of Republican events throughout the country and with his low-maintenance personal style that has made him a favorite with the campaign’s tight-knit inner circle at the Boston headquarters.

If Tim Pawlenty would have ran for another term as governor of Minny, he would have been defeated as his approval ratings had hit the bottom. If he can't cut it in Monny, why do folks think he'd be a great VP of the US of A?

I don't remember Obama being described as "brilliant" in regards to foreign policy, which is good, because he hasn't been.

I've heard her speak, she knows her stuff. She understands how and why the world is dangerous and she knows what to do and is willing to keep all options open, even waterboarding

I've heard her speak. And I frankly like her. But she's not so spectacular. Frankly, you don't have to be a genius to be for water boarding or to know how f'd up the world is right now.

I don't remember Obama being described as "brilliant" in regards to foreign policy, which is good, because he hasn't been.

Then you weren't paying attention. In 08 with zero experience, they were saying it was so. And they were using his stances on Iraq/Afghanistan and international fandom as reasons why.

meh

Was hoping for Condi

Not just yet, I don't think.

Besides, she would TOTALLY outshine him, in every conceivable fashion.

Not that I agree; but that's a problem why?

I'm guessing you and your lib friends are scared of Rice; just like you were arguing Mitt was the wrong guy cos you were scared lol.

What the fuck is up with you retards always assuming we're "scared" of your ass backwards candidates?

That's a horrible way to live life, with blinders over your eyes that your opponents are scared of everything you have to offer and so you don't have to worry about anything.

So you think she is brilliant in foreign policy because she likes torture?

If Tim Pawlenty would have ran for another term as governor of Minny, he would have been defeated as his approval ratings had hit the bottom. If he can't cut it in Monny, why do folks think he'd be a great VP of the US of A?

Minny, Monny ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAmgTNATJkk]Billy Idol - "Mony Mony" - YouTube[/ame]

Wouldn't be a bad choice for VP. He won't upstage Romney. He's not a nutjob or an idiot like Palin was for McCain.

Actually Palin was a good choice by a wild eyed senator who that nobody in the party had any confidence in. The problem was that a conservative articulate woman was such a threat to woman hating democrats that they pulled out all the stops to get the entire drooling left wing media to discredit Palin and her family. Who would think of renting a home next to a candidate and spying on their family? The dirty little secret was that McCain knew he was a weak presidential candidate and he wanted Palin to overshadow him. Nobody understood the lengths that woman hating democrats and the liberal media would go to though.

T Paw's got a few bodies in his baggage..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31IlOHNzbM](LONG VERSION) Minneapolis Bridge Collapse Minnesota Video - YouTube[/ame]

13 of em.

He gutted highway and bridge funding and ignored reports that bridges needed fixing.

Aside from that..he left Minnesota with a 5 billion dollar deficit.

I hope he gets picked!

T Paw's got a few bodies in his baggage..

(LONG VERSION) Minneapolis Bridge Collapse Minnesota Video - YouTube

13 of em.

He gutted highway and bridge funding and ignored reports that bridges needed fixing.

Aside from that..he left Minnesota with a 5 billion dollar deficit.

I hope he gets picked!

Yeah, that's why my OP had "!?" after his name because this is my state - and Minnesota remains unamused with his ass.

And yet, he was elected Governor of the State and then reelected.

Im curious. are you impressed with Senator Franken?

Pawlenty would make a great VP choice for Romney. I don't know how it will sit with the TeaBaggers

Forum List

Back