Pawlenty!?

No, they see Condi Rice as just another Uncle Tom the GOP puts up there. Sorry I have to be that blunt about it, but that's what they see with Rice, Keyes, JC Watts or Michael Steele. A chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Fact is, Condi Rice wants nothing to do with Romney... and for good reason.

Right, because a black man/woman must have democrat group think to be valuable. Your statement is despicable. Your statement has no foundation in fact- There is no proof being conservative and black makes you anything other then conservative- which is an ideological point of view and has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin! Your stereotypical comment is ugly and only shows your own ignorance.

]

Actually, I've met black conservatives/Republicans. Even when I was a republican, I thought these folks were a little off.

Most blacks remember Nixon's Southern Strategy, Goldwater's opposing the Civil Rights Act, Reagan and his imaginary welfare queen, Willie Horton ads, Jesse Helm's white hands ad.

Yeah, they don't pull that shit now because it would unnacceptable, but people have memories.

Joe, you're a lot off. And black republicans I've heard talk are no different than white republicans. They both have values. I keep telling you it's about values. I know that's hard for you to understand.

Most Black conservatives remember the democrat party; segregation and their vote on civil rights too. But more importantly they don't suffer "group think". They understand that conservative ideology best serves everyone willing to work hard regardless of race.

AS to Ronald Reagan? He never named a woman by age;name or race- but leave it to a guilt ridden white democrat to ASSume the pejorative was specific to a black woman instead of merely the example of welfare fraud it was meant to represent...and I quote

"She has eighty names, thirty addresses, twelve Social Security cards and is collecting veteran's benefits on four non-existing deceased husbands. And she is collecting Social Security on her cards. She's got Medicaid, getting food stamps, and she is collecting welfare under each of her names. Her tax-free cash income is over $150,000."

"The term "welfare queen" is most often associated with Ronald Reagan who brought the idea to a national audience. During his 1976 presidential campaign, Reagan would tell the story of a woman from Chicago's South Side who was arrested for welfare fraud:

Since Reagan never named a particular woman, the description can be viewed as an example of dramatic hyperbole

Reagan didn't name that woman because she didn't actually exist. He made it up.

The fact he said that this woman was from "Chicago's South Side" pretty much identified her race. Then as now, the South Side is predominately black.

Except, of course, she was made up to frighten white audiences and stir up resentment.

The Myth Of The Welfare Queen | iOnPoverty

It was a compelling tale sold to a nation who already had deep-seated concerns about women and minorities cheating the system. The big problem with the story? It wasn’t true. Yes, there was a woman in Chicago who had been arrested for using aliases to commit welfare fraud, but in truth, she used four aliases and scammed $8,000.However, the extremely hyperbolic version of the tale caught fire in the media and the resulting sexist and racist myth of the welfare queen continues to permeate the American narrative, especially during election season.

Now, what amuses the fuck out of me is how the GOP has used this stereotype to get working white folks to vote agains their own economic interests.

A lot of whom get Food Stamps, Section 8 housing and MedicAid because their "working poor" jobs don't pay enough or offer these benefits. All those good jobs got moved to China by Mitt Romney and his ilk.

Right, because a black man/woman must have democrat group think to be valuable. Your statement is despicable. Your statement has no foundation in fact- There is no proof being conservative and black makes you anything other then conservative- which is an ideological point of view and has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin! Your stereotypical comment is ugly and only shows your own ignorance.

]

Actually, I've met black conservatives/Republicans. Even when I was a republican, I thought these folks were a little off.

Most blacks remember Nixon's Southern Strategy, Goldwater's opposing the Civil Rights Act, Reagan and his imaginary welfare queen, Willie Horton ads, Jesse Helm's white hands ad.

Yeah, they don't pull that shit now because it would unnacceptable, but people have memories.

Joe, you're a lot off. And black republicans I've heard talk are no different than white republicans. They both have values. I keep telling you it's about values. I know that's hard for you to understand.

"Values" like Herman Cain? You know, Herman who harrassed women and kept a mistress for 13 years. Those kinds of "values"?

Values are great for the self-righteous to feel better about themselves, but they don't put food on the table.

If you have a strong and vibrant middle class, the "values" thing sorts itself out. The Cleaver Family did well because Ward had a good paying job and June could stay home with Wally and the Beaver.

In the 2010 version, Ward's job has been outsourced to China, and he's on a temp to never hire contract that pays half as much. June is taking a job outside the home and having a fling with her co-worker. Meanwhile, Wally is out getting into trouble with Eddie Haskal and Beaver's joined a Goth Band.

Forum List

Back