Pawlenty!?

Romney won the nomination because he ran the best campaign. It's as simple as that. Nobody was going to beat him. He shouldn't be blamed for effectively working the "establishment." That's just skills. And if he didn't have a resume and message still that resonated with people then he wouldn't have won anyways. It's as simple as that. Stop being bitter dude and accept reality for what it is.

He didn't "run the best campaign".

He outspent his opponents by 10-1.

And frankly, the only reason he won is most of his opponents imploded...

Bachmann was Crazy.
Perry was retarded.
Gingrich was...well, Gingrich.
Cain was a Horndog
Santorum was an okay guy, but too religious, and then his daughter got sick.

But don't worry, guy, after Romney loses in November, you can blame either anti-Mormon bigotry or the fact Romney wasn't a "real conservative" for his loss...

So because your parents voted against a VP then people can't vote for a VP? You know that's a lie. Until, Palin bombed on a couple interviews, she had effectively given the McCain campaign the lead.

We know damn well that the VP pick is huge. It can greatly affect a campaign in any direction. If you are telling people anything otherwise then you are just not being honest (as usual).

Um, no, she really didn't.

McCain got the bounce they normally get from the GOP Convention. Palin didn't have that much to do with it, and when people realized she was .... um... kind of stupid, McCain sank like a rock.

Name the last time a President won because of his VP pick.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Umm yes she really did. Palin came out and gave a series of fiery speeches and Obama went from being ahead by 5 points to being down by 5 points in about 2 weeks. Then the banking/housing collapses hit and Dems effectively evened it out. And then Palin did some stupid interviews and they went down further.

We were all there and frankly Dems are shitting their pants about that happening again b/c any bad news can't be effectively pinned on Bush/Republican policies this time around. Rice isn't who I personally want; but I would just love watching Dems squirm and grasp at straws if she was picked. Again, they'd be shitting their pants.

A black woman in the mix? Oh man. I don't think she'd be the best VP or president personally and that's why I don't want her. But if just for the sake of the campaign then yes that'd be lovely. That'd be crushing to Democrats. They'd just pack up their tent right then.

Romney won the nomination because he ran the best campaign. It's as simple as that. Nobody was going to beat him. He shouldn't be blamed for effectively working the "establishment." That's just skills. And if he didn't have a resume and message still that resonated with people then he wouldn't have won anyways. It's as simple as that. Stop being bitter dude and accept reality for what it is.

He didn't "run the best campaign".

He outspent his opponents by 10-1.

And frankly, the only reason he won is most of his opponents imploded...

Bachmann was Crazy.
Perry was retarded.
Gingrich was...well, Gingrich.
Cain was a Horndog
Santorum was an okay guy, but too religious, and then his daughter got sick.

But don't worry, guy, after Romney loses in November, you can blame either anti-Mormon bigotry or the fact Romney wasn't a "real conservative" for his loss...

First off, it doesn't matter. Raising funds is every bit a part of campaigning. Do you think I can say that McCain ran a better campaign b/c Obama had triple the money? That'd be absurd. People don't just vote with their voice, they vote with their pocket books.

Second off, it wasn't 10-1 anyhow.

Third off, outspending an opponent at a certain point only has marginal returns. It makes a great talking point for the guy that is being outspent but it's really not a truthful point. I mean think about it; do you personally vote for the guy that is outspending someone or the guy who you personally believe in? Of course it's the latter. So as long as a candidate has enough means then the spending gap is of little relevance in the primaries.

[Um, no, she really didn't.

McCain got the bounce they normally get from the GOP Convention. Palin didn't have that much to do with it, and when people realized she was .... um... kind of stupid, McCain sank like a rock.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Umm yes she really did. Palin came out and gave a series of fiery speeches and Obama went from being ahead by 5 points to being down by 5 points in about 2 weeks. Then the banking/housing collapses hit and Dems effectively evened it out. And then Palin did some stupid interviews and they went down further.

Um... no, not really. McCain's best lead in the RCP average was about 2 points ahead of Obama. This is sort of typical of Convention bounces. To put it in perspective, Mondale had a lead over Reagan in 1984 after the Democratic convention and Dukakis had a 16 point lead over G.H. Bush in 1988 after his convention. Kerry had a four point lead over Bush in 2004.

MOre to the point, as they say in baseball, it's the score in the ninth inning that counts. Whateve help Palin gave, the fact is she was a stupid person standing next to a 72 year old cancer survivor made her a net negative.

We were all there and frankly Dems are shitting their pants about that happening again b/c any bad news can't be effectively pinned on Bush/Republican policies this time around. Rice isn't who I personally want; but I would just love watching Dems squirm and grasp at straws if she was picked. Again, they'd be shitting their pants.

A black woman in the mix? Oh man. I don't think she'd be the best VP or president personally and that's why I don't want her. But if just for the sake of the campaign then yes that'd be lovely. That'd be crushing to Democrats. They'd just pack up their tent right then.

Again, you must not know many black folks.

Condi Rice is a black person who white people like.... (and personally, I like her), but politically, she doesn't resonate in the hood.

[Um, no, she really didn't.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

Um... no, not really. McCain's best lead in the RCP average was about 2 points ahead of Obama. This is sort of typical of Convention bounces. To put it in perspective, Mondale had a lead over Reagan in 1984 after the Democratic convention and Dukakis had a 16 point lead over G.H. Bush in 1988 after his convention. Kerry had a four point lead over Bush in 2004.

MOre to the point, as they say in baseball, it's the score in the ninth inning that counts. Whateve help Palin gave, the fact is she was a stupid person standing next to a 72 year old cancer survivor made her a net negative.

Again, you must not know many black folks.

Condi Rice is a black person who white people like.... (and personally, I like her), but politically, she doesn't resonate in the hood.

You're an idiot Joe. I don't go by poll averages. I go by trusted polls. I'm not going to include your fucking retarded gerrymandering polls. And frankly I told you how it went down. I could care less about arguing against your revisionist history. The point remains that you said people don't vote for a VP and the bull honky.

Also, way to put black people in a box. Blacks are voting for Dems at a 90 percent clip and for Obama at a 95 to 98 percent clip. Obama would take a nose dive if Condi was in the race. Plenty of blacks respect and admire her and would vote for her despite your juvenile denials.

Last edited:
You're an idiot Joe. I don't go by poll averages. I go by trusted polls. I'm not going to include your fucking retarded gerrymandering polls. And frankly I told you how it went down. I could care less about arguing against your revisionist history. The point remains that you said people don't vote for a VP and the bull honky.

Also, way to put black people in a box. Blacks are voting for Dems at a 90 percent clip and for Obama at a 95 to 98 percent clip. Obama would take a nose dive if Condi was in the race. Plenty of blacks respect and admire her and would vote for her despite your juvenile denials.

You really don't know how much contempt most blacks have for black Republicans, do you?

Let's go with a great example. When Barack Obama was running for Senate in 2004, the Illinois GOP decided (after finding out that Jack Ryan took Seven of Nine to strip clubs) to avoid any charges of racism by running Alan Keyes against Obama.

Obama beat him 80-20%. Almost none of the votes Keyes actually got were in the black neighborhoods in Chicago.

So the whole notion that the GOP can put a token black up and black folks are going to say, "Hell, I'm going to totally forget how for the last 40 years, these jokers fought against civil rights tooth and nail!" is kind of silly.

Now, I guess this is hard to understand for a Republican who lets rich people waive around a gun and a bible, and you totally vote against your own economic interests time after time. I mean, heck, I did it for years.

The GOP has a lot more work to do if it wants to make inroads. It can start by actually standing up for them once in a while.

You really don't know how much contempt most blacks have for black Republicans, do you?

Let's go with a great example. When Barack Obama was running for Senate in 2004, the Illinois GOP decided (after finding out that Jack Ryan took Seven of Nine to strip clubs) to avoid any charges of racism by running Alan Keyes against Obama.

Obama beat him 80-20%. Almost none of the votes Keyes actually got were in the black neighborhoods in Chicago.

So the whole notion that the GOP can put a token black up and black folks are going to say, "Hell, I'm going to totally forget how for the last 40 years, these jokers fought against civil rights tooth and nail!" is kind of silly.

Now, I guess this is hard to understand for a Republican who lets rich people waive around a gun and a bible, and you totally vote against your own economic interests time after time. I mean, heck, I did it for years.

The GOP has a lot more work to do if it wants to make inroads. It can start by actually standing up for them once in a while.

So Condi Rice is a token black? :badgrin:

And btw, I'm well aware of how much blacks "hate Republicans." I just gave you the stats. However, a significant percentage of blacks do support Condi Rice. And even a significant portion of blacks are no longer enthralled by Obama. Many of them would choose Condi as the alternative. You know it and I know it.

And btw, I'm well aware of how much blacks "hate Republicans." I just gave you the stats. However, a significant percentage of blacks do support Condi Rice. And even a significant portion of blacks are no longer enthralled by Obama. Many of them would choose Condi as the alternative. You know it and I know it.

When you are typing things like that, is there any part of you that pauses? Is there any thought at all given to the fact that you are saying the words "significant percentage" and "significant portion" despite having ZERO indication that they are appropriate for the situation?

This is called talking out of one's ass.

[

No, they see Condi Rice as just another Uncle Tom the GOP puts up there. Sorry I have to be that blunt about it, but that's what they see with Rice, Keyes, JC Watts or Michael Steele. A chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Fact is, Condi Rice wants nothing to do with Romney... and for good reason.

Republicans should hope so.

Democrats are not going to vote for Romney with a former Bush official on the ticket, and Romney is going to need a lot of democrats to vote for him to win.

Republicans should hope so.

Democrats are not going to vote for Romney with a former Bush official on the ticket, and Romney is going to need a lot of democrats to vote for him to win.

Realistically, I don't think so. I think Romney has given up on attracting any democrats.

I think he's counting on firing up his base, and Obama's base being discouraged and staying home.

Trying again. Last time I quoted, I wound up with an entirely different post.

Translation for the red, bolded.

"I got nothing, so I'll resort to personal attacks."

Good job, Joe. ;)

[

No, they see Condi Rice as just another Uncle Tom the GOP puts up there. Sorry I have to be that blunt about it, but that's what they see with Rice, Keyes, JC Watts or Michael Steele. A chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Right, because a black man/woman must have democrat group think to be valuable. Your statement is despicable. Your statement has no foundation in fact- There is no proof being conservative and black makes you anything other then conservative- which is an ideological point of view and has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin! Your stereotypical comment is ugly and only shows your own ignorance.

Project 21 is an initiative of The National Center for Public Policy Research to promote the views of African-Americans whose entrepreneurial spirit, sense of family and commitment to individual responsibility has not traditionally been echoed by the nation's civil rights establishment. This became most obvious during the April 1992 riots in Los Angeles, when the media provided extended coverage of the reaction of liberal civil rights leaders to the events surrounding the Rodney King controversy. Curiously, the media made little mention of those in the African-American community who spoke out in favor of law and order and individual responsibility - and against the rioting.

Rather than merely complain about the lack of attention given to conservative and moderate African-Americans as typified by the coverage of the riots, The National Center for Public Policy Research convened a meeting of conservative and moderate African-American activists in mid-1992 to determine whether it was feasible to construct a network to bring conservative and moderate voices in the black community to the attention of the media. The answer was yes, and Project 21 was born. By March of 1993, Project 21 secured the necessary funding to hire a full-time coordinator to pursue its goals. Project 21's mission includes the active promotion of conservative and moderate viewpoints by Project 21's network of members in the media, and the ongoing recruitment of new members to be promoted.

Black Conservative Project 21's History

[

Right, because a black man/woman must have democrat group think to be valuable. Your statement is despicable. Your statement has no foundation in fact- There is no proof being conservative and black makes you anything other then conservative- which is an ideological point of view and has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin! Your stereotypical comment is ugly and only shows your own ignorance.

]

Actually, I've met black conservatives/Republicans. Even when I was a republican, I thought these folks were a little off.

Most blacks remember Nixon's Southern Strategy, Goldwater's opposing the Civil Rights Act, Reagan and his imaginary welfare queen, Willie Horton ads, Jesse Helm's white hands ad.

Yeah, they don't pull that shit now because it would unnacceptable, but people have memories.

]

Actually, I've met black conservatives/Republicans. Even when I was a republican, I thought these folks were a little off.

Most blacks remember Nixon's Southern Strategy, Goldwater's opposing the Civil Rights Act, Reagan and his imaginary welfare queen, Willie Horton ads, Jesse Helm's white hands ad.

Yeah, they don't pull that shit now because it would unnacceptable, but people have memories.

Most Black conservatives remember the democrat party; segregation and their vote on civil rights too. But more importantly they don't suffer "group think". They understand that conservative ideology best serves everyone willing to work hard regardless of race.

AS to Ronald Reagan? He never named a woman by age;name or race- but leave it to a guilt ridden white democrat to ASSume the pejorative was specific to a black woman instead of merely the example of welfare fraud it was meant to represent...and I quote

"She has eighty names, thirty addresses, twelve Social Security cards and is collecting veteran's benefits on four non-existing deceased husbands. And she is collecting Social Security on her cards. She's got Medicaid, getting food stamps, and she is collecting welfare under each of her names. Her tax-free cash income is over $150,000."

"The term "welfare queen" is most often associated with Ronald Reagan who brought the idea to a national audience. During his 1976 presidential campaign, Reagan would tell the story of a woman from Chicago's South Side who was arrested for welfare fraud:

Since Reagan never named a particular woman, the description can be viewed as an example of dramatic hyperbole

Forum List

Back