Paul Ryan loves Ayn Rand

Ryan has all the compassion of someone who has never dealt with illness and disability, cared for an elderly parent or grandparent, or watched an older person struggle to make ends meet. He's smug in his little Washington bubble, knowing he has healthcare and won't ever have to worry about choosing between buying groceries or taking a child to the doctor.

Good luck winning over the middle class and older Americans!

Since Ryan's father died when he was a child, off hand, I'd say you were wrong.

Ryan has all the compassion of someone who has never dealt with illness and disability, cared for an elderly parent or grandparent, or watched an older person struggle to make ends meet. He's smug in his little Washington bubble, knowing he has healthcare and won't ever have to worry about choosing between buying groceries or taking a child to the doctor.

Wrong as usual. You call Ryan smug yet your hero obamaturd is a stuck up pos.

I don't always agree with you but this is right on the money. I love it when a congress man of either party tells me what I need when they have already insured their futrue but want to take mine away.

Of course democrats are going to complain about anyone who was the VP pick. If it wasn't Ryan, it would be whoever was the pick. Which democrat will be the first to say they're both white?

Ryan's philosophy is married to Ayn Rand's. And that will take front and center in the coming weeks. Along with some hidden tax returns.

He is married to her idea of fiscal conservatism, only. And he is a Catholic.

Uh, yeah ... I read Ayn Rand back in high school and I don't remember her ever saying, "We need more laws to control the people and CHARGE IT!"

So, like, what is going to happen to Biden when Obama loses the election in November?

This is kind of scary. What if he shows up at my door Christmas eve singing Carrols?

I don't always agree with you but this is right on the money. I love it when a congress man of either party tells me what I need when they have already insured their futrue but want to take mine away.

Yeah, like affordable health care insurance.

Rs will do anything they can to stop American citizens from having what they take for granted.

Definition per Wikipedia: "Altruism is the opposite of selfishness."

Altruism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand top of mind awareness brings "altruism" up.

Is there such a characteristic though?

I don't think there is altruism IN anyone.

Illustration:
How many times have you heard someone say especially at Christmas,...
"Oh I just love giving gifts.. more then receiving gifts!"

That maybe seen as an "altruistic" attitude.

MY perspective it is a "selfish" motive.
The act of "giving" makes this person "feel good..loved", "appreciated".
All actions that are selfish.
Why else would someone give a gift if the only currency in return is making themselves feel "good" about giving?

Where is the altruism in that?

Why do the Gates' of the world give billions? Many call it altruism, me I call it compensation for having more then other people! Guilt.

So whenever you read about Mother Theresa type "altruism" consider that at the minimum in the case of Mother Theresa her "altruism" at the minimum made her "feel good" a selfish reason.

Ergo.. there is no such thing as a truly "altruistic" act because as in Newton's Third law of motion: "When two bodies interact by exerting force on each other, these forces (termed the action and the reaction) are equal in magnitude, but opposite in direction."

So too with "altruism" i.e. an act of altruism generates a sense of well being in the person doing the act.

So, like, what is going to happen to Biden when Obama loses the election in November?

This is kind of scary. What if he shows up at my door Christmas eve singing Carrols?

Biden has been one of the best veeps I can remember. He has accomplished quite a lot for the middle class and for vets.

I suspect its the work FOR vets that he has done, along with the First and Second Ladies, that rw's hate the most. The R talk about helping our vets but they fight against any real action. Now they're actually wanting a draft dodger for prez.

How how can they go?

Well of COURSE you don't believe in altruism. Neither does Paul Ryan.

You'll fit right in.

So you are one of those idiots that feel oh I just enjoy giving gifts more then receiving!

YOU are so totally ignorant of your own MOTIVES!

You have never done ONE altruistic act in your life!

Tell me what YOU think YOU'VE done and I'll show you how YOU benefited!

The act of giving returns a good FEELING and if you don't recognize that you are an idiot!

Lolberals are altruistic....With your money.

They can feel even better about themselves by giving away other people's money. They get to feel good because they gave it away, and feel good because they have created a vehicle for other people to feel good about having their money given away.

EVEN the act of donating a kidney for example .. is NOT altruistic!

Say your sister needed one! You can't tell me that by giving her a kidney she NOW is indebted to you and you won't milk that for all it's worth.. "SUBCONSCIOUSLY"?

You will be a dishonest pompous pious person if you say otherwise!

Lolberals are altruistic....With your money.

They can feel even better about themselves by giving away other people's money. They get to feel good because they gave it away, and feel good because they have created a vehicle for other people to feel good about having their money given away.

Right! Most people that believe the folly of "altruism" are dishonest!
These same people righteously get indignant at politically incorrect situations YET totally ignore their behaviors are almost always driven by survival of the fittest attributes!

I mean Gate's giving billions helps him sleep better at night I AM sure!
He doesn't feel as guilty for having billions!

Forum List

Back