Paul Ryan loves Ayn Rand

Ryan is a bold pick who will energize the Republican Party, but putting him on the ticket is fraught with risk and instantly puts Ryan’s budget plan front and center in the 2012 campaign.

Just like Palin ‘energized’ the Republican Party, with the same outcome as 2008.

Paul Ryan loves Ayn Rand?

Wait...it thought it was Ron Paul and Rand McNally...wait...it was Jack Ryan and Randal Cunningham...wait...it was Rand Paul and the Muppets Swedish Chef.....

This is getting confusing...

Romney and Ryan look like Herman and Eddie Munster....

munsters.jpg

romney-ryan.gi_.top_.jpg

Last edited:
He should have picked Rex Ryan. Now they'll never get to the Super Bowl.

Ryan has all the compassion of someone who has never dealt with illness and disability, cared for an elderly parent or grandparent, or watched an older person struggle to make ends meet. He's smug in his little Washington bubble, knowing he has healthcare and won't ever have to worry about choosing between buying groceries or taking a child to the doctor.

Good luck winning over the middle class and older Americans!

One could say the same thing of Obama. Hence his callousness about imposing his healthcare monstrosity on the entire nation.

Over the next three months, expect to hear a lot of variations on this analysis, from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities:

Chairman Ryan’s sweeping budget plan has been labeled “courageous,” but it’s a cowardly budget in a crucial respect. It proposes a dramatic reverse-Robin-Hood approach that gets the lion’s share of its budget cuts from programs for low-income Americans — the politically and economically weakest group in America and the politically safest group for Ryan to target— even as it bestows extremely large tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans. Taken together, its proposals would produce the largest redistribution of income from the bottom to the top in modern U.S. history, while increasing poverty and inequality more than any measure in recent times and possibly in the nation’s history.​

More: Paul Ryan to Be Romney's Running Mate | Mother Jones

"I just want to speak to you a little bit about Ayn Rand and what she meant to me in my life and [in] the fight we’re engaged here in Congress. I grew up on Ayn Rand, that’s what I tell people."
"I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are."

Yes, he’s clearly a reactionary conservative ideologue.

And you're clearly a communist.

There isn't a better 'start' than Rand, though he never said it was the end. My guess is he has good words for Milton Friedman too.

Milton Friedman? Horrors! The man is the antichrist! He actually conceived the idea of vouchers!

The Obamarhoids kill me!

Last edited:
When a person states he is going to reduce the debt by raising military spending and tax cuts to the wealthy and slashing medical care for the elderly, and quotes a materialistic brown nosing ex-Russian sycophant like Ayn Rand as his heroine, he is hardly someone I would vote for or support. He needs to have his little pin head examined.

Forum List

Back