Paul Ryan is the VP pick

Romney Campaign Requested 'Several' Years of Tax Returns of VP Contenders ...

and what about Ryan's

interesting that what Romney felt was necessary for his choice in selecting a running mate he is unwilling to share the "same" with the American people.

Possibly because republicans are on the same team but the American people include self described enemies, particularly democrats.

Notice Romney didn't tell the VP contenders to turn over their tax returns to obama.

Notice Romney didn't tell the VP contenders to turn over their tax returns to obama.

so if Romney needed Ryan's returns to make his choice why not give the American people the same opportunity -

The American people don't give a flying-fuck what's in Ryan's tax-returns.

Why should any politician hand over any personal information except what he wants to hand over and when he wants to hand it over, obama has set the precedence for this.

What precedence?

What other President before Obama actually showed his birth certificate to the public?

What President before the incumbent ever would have needed to?

Lots. Several have refused. Some had them disclosed all the same without consent. But again, the incumbent brought THIS one down on his own head. His refusal to provide them is understandable IF (but only if) he HAS something to hide.

What other President before Obama has had this much scruntiny on his lineage and place of birth?

Again, a bogus question. For what other President before him had the need to have the questions answered like him?

Obama's pretty unique in a myriad of ways.

By virtue of his own doing. He gets no points for it and no sympathy.

John McCain was born in Panama and George Romney was born in Mexico. Neither needed to show their birth certificates to the public. The incumbent hasn't brought anything down on his head. He graduated with honors and passed the bar. That's basically enough for government work.

Why should any politician hand over any personal information except what he wants to hand over and when he wants to hand it over, obama has set the precedence for this.

What precedence?

What other President before Obama actually showed his birth certificate to the public?
What other President before Obama has been asked for his school records?
What other President before Obama has had this much scruntiny on his lineage and place of birth?

You don't comprehend things do you?

Nope.

I haven't gotten my bizzaro conservative land decoder ring yet.

I need to buy more crackerjacks.

This is exciting news, because it will force both campaigns to talk about the future.

Paul Ryan's budget is not a theory; it's real and he proposed it, and the House passed it.

But the Paul Ryan budget will now be front and center, and if you read it and you're going to play "debate club" with a friend and you're gonna play the Democrat arguing against the Republican, the Ryan budget is like red meat.

What they passed in the House was a Tea Party wet dream:...
....And, what?......you got so excited you forgot to post the Ryan Plan, right?

Yeah....that's quite the sales-job you're doing! You're almost as good, at it, as Mitt Palin.​

Dude....once again, I think you're barking at the wrong poster. Interpol is clearly not a Con.

Dude..once again, I think you're barking at the wrong poster. The Shaman is clearly not lucid.

The Ryan pick is a good one, if for no other reason in that it may catalyze an adult conversation this nation needs to have regarding the budget, one that we are not having.

However, it is probably swimming against the political tide. Over the past decade, middle class incomes have been stagnant while the top of the income strata has soared. If people can't achieve their aspirations out of the economic arena, they'll attempt to take it out of the political arena. Polls have consistently shown over the past 3-4 years that people are in favor of raising taxes on the rich and not cutting spending that matters to them. The Republicans have nominated a very rich guy who, fairly or not, is perceived to represent an industry which is seen as excessive and recipients of government largesse. He has picked a guy who is very much perceived to favor the wealthy at the expense of the middle class.

Ultimately, Ryan is correct and the Democrats are not. Taxes will have to be raised on the middle class or social spending will be cut, or some combination of the two. Taxes can go up on the rich somewhat without damaging the economy, but the rich cannot pay for it all. Americans are in La-La Land if they think otherwise.

The Democrats are moving towards "Californiaizing" the national economy, which is a bad thing not a good one. But in this environment, it's probably enough for Obama to win re-election.

The Ryan pick is a good one, if for no other reason in that it may catalyze an adult conversation this nation needs to have regarding the budget, one that we are not having.

However, it is probably swimming against the political tide. Over the past decade, middle class incomes have been stagnant while the top of the income strata has soared. If people can't achieve their aspirations out of the economic arena, they'll attempt to take it out of the political arena. Polls have consistently shown over the past 3-4 years that people are in favor of raising taxes on the rich and not cutting spending that matters to them. The Republicans have nominated a very rich guy who, fairly or not, is perceived to represent an industry which is seen as excessive and recipients of government largesse. He has picked a guy who is very much perceived to favor the wealthy at the expense of the middle class.

Ultimately, Ryan is correct and the Democrats are not. Taxes will have to be raised on the middle class or social spending will be cut, or some combination of the two. Taxes can go up on the rich somewhat without damaging the economy, but the rich cannot pay for it all. Americans are in La-La Land if they think otherwise.

The Democrats are moving towards "Californiaizing" the national economy, which is a bad thing not a good one. But in this environment, it's probably enough for Obama to win re-election.

I look forward to that too. The Republicans want an economy based on War and Oil , while the Democrats want an economy based on New Technology, Manufacturing and Self Sufficient Agriculture.

To pay for their economy Republicans want to tax the middle class and poor..and get rid of helpful social programs.

To pay for their economy Democrats want tax parity and to grow the economy.

It's a good fight.

Romney will be picking Ryan. Talk about low hanging fruit. McCain looks like a frigging genius.

I'd neg you for being a dickless fuck, but it appears your rep privileges went bye bye along with your brains, so I'll just say this...

simpsons_nelson_haha-1.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't posted here in a long time. Cool to see many of the same opinionists at work.

On topic: I can't believe that the GOP has gone this S.Palin-like route again. Either party must control the center to earn the presidency, but the GOP has not caught on.

Ryan has his head on his shoulders as a hill-savvy lawmaker, but he is too 'wrong' under rational examination as a policymaker. Too many on either side of the aisle have questioned his radical... understanding... of economic/fiscal policy.

I haven't posted here in a long time. Cool to see many of the same opinionists at work.

On topic: I can't believe that the GOP has gone this S.Palin-like route again. Either party must control the center to earn the presidency, but the GOP has not caught on.

Ryan has his head on his shoulders as a hill-savvy lawmaker, but he is too 'wrong' under rational examination as a policymaker. Too many on either side of the aisle have questioned his radical... understanding... of economic/fiscal policy.

But they have caught on.......................We hope...........

Note the Obama admin cowers from updates............

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

With a election centered on economic policy, choosing a 'bold' and 'radical' conservative budget-wrangler as a running mate is not an appeal to the center. I think this is a loosing move in an election which needs some intelligent economic debate.

Ryan was a horrible pick for Mittens!
Now he has lost any chances he had to gain the
moderate and independent votes he needed.

Today's Obama-mail:

This time from Biden:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting now, we can expect even more wealthy, right-wing ideologues lining up to support the Romney-Ryan ticket.

The people on the other side who are trying to buy this election are putting nasty, deceptive TV ads on the air right this very minute. They're not going away. They're getting worse.

If we don't do what we can to keep this close, right now at this crucial moment, we risk letting the other side run away with it.

:lmao:
[/FONT]

With a election centered on economic policy, choosing a 'bold' and 'radical' conservative budget-wrangler as a running mate is not an appeal to the center. I think this is a loosing move in an election which needs some intelligent economic debate.

Take a few minutes to research Ryan's voting record before you say he can't be moderate

What precedence?

What other President before Obama has been asked for his school records?

What other president claimed to be a foreign national for most of his life?
What other president was proud of failing in high school and college because he chose drug addiction?
What other president wrote two books about both?

Last edited:

Ryan is one of the few adults in the room. But hey, let's get back to Ann Romney's horse and Romney's tax returns for these are the true issues for American leftist moonbats.

:lol:

Actually, I think that Ryan's policies target the way most businesses and high-earners retain pre-tax income, while endeavoring to reduce post-tax earnings of the largest spending contingent in our economy. Poorly-informed teaparty types cheered in support of this selection, while wealthy folks and their financial advisers are likely waiting to see where their policy falls.

Take a few minutes to research Ryan's voting record before you say he can't be moderate

Perhaps he has voted moderately in the past, however most will not take the time to look up his record (and to my knowledge he's a pretty stanch right winger).
He is very well known for his right wing views. Most people see that aspect of him...

don’t try and fight it :)

Mittens is doomed..

Either party must control the center to earn the presidency ...

it would seem logical to at least encompass the center than chose an idealog Ryan bound entirely to the right of the political spectrum as Palin ...

good luck on "having caught on" as an admission for a needed change from 2008 that is rather hard to recognize.

HatTrick - the Democrats win all three: House Senate President.

He 'can be' moderate, perhaps, but that is not supported by his ideology or his policy proposals. I don't think anything about his voting record indicates even remotely that he ever has been a moderate before.

Forum List

Back