Paul Ryan flip-flops on Ayn Rand: "“I reject her philosophy”

even ayn rand rejected her "philosophy" and lived on social security at the end of her life.

Now, now, Jillian. Did she pay into it or not? :D

Personally I have a lot of respect for her. As for her being an Atheist, who professed Right Action, Conscience, Unalienable Right, I find humor in the contradiction. Isn't that why in fact, God created Woman? :lol: Come on, Value for Value, an attempt to urge people to try to pull their own weight is not that horrible. Not as horrible as growing up in, and escaping a Totalitarian State. Imagine those scars. ;)

Last edited:
The SS she paid into her whole life?

Seems the irony and hypocrisy escapes you on this one.

No it doesn't. I'd opt out of SS in a second if I could, and I think it's unconstitutional and is bankrupting this nation. But when I hit 65 you're damn fucking straight I'm recouping what was taken from me.

which is why its there.

so many of you randians would end up in the street begging at the end of your lives just like rand

Ryan's flip flop indicates that he's just another politician with no conviction.

It might indicate that he is worried about what his base would think. You know, projection, like what you are doing now. :)

The SS she paid into her whole life?

No it doesn't. I'd opt out of SS in a second if I could, and I think it's unconstitutional and is bankrupting this nation. But when I hit 65 you're damn fucking straight I'm recouping what was taken from me.

As we all know, SS is nothing more than a welfare program now.

Saying you plan to get back the monies you 'paid into' is disingenuous.

You are just planning to jump on the welfare bandwagon at 65 like everyone else.

which is why its there.

so many of you randians would end up in the street begging at the end of your lives just like rand

I could put that 6.2% to much better use. If I had put that money into the market in 08/09, it would be doubled now at the very least.

Instead, I have to hope and pray that it'll even still be there for me by the time I'm 65.

If Rand paid into SS then she is clearly should have received benefits. So why do you right wingers keep refering to SS as an "entitlement" program?
If it wasn't an entitlement for Rand, it's not an entitlement for anyone else. But don't let that stop you from moving the goalposts when it suits your purposes. Romney and Ryan are the flipfloppers you attract.

which is why its there.

I could put that 6.2% to much better use. If I had put that money into the market in 08/09, it would be doubled now at the very least.

Instead, I have to hope and pray that it'll even still be there for me by the time I'm 65.

You and me both.

If I could get every dime I have in both SS and Medicare I'd take it in a NY minute.

I can take better care of my money than some Clown in DC.

You are just planning to jump on the welfare bandwagon at 65 like everyone else.

No it's not. Most welfare comes out of state and federal income tax. I have no real way of breaking it all down and deciding what portion of my income taxes I would like to recoup that I didn't agree with the expenditures for.

But with SS, I know exactly how much was taken from me because it's a clear line item on my tax paperwork, separate from income tax. I'd rather have that 6.2% to invest on my own, but I don't get to have it until I retire, so I'm recouping it to cover that opportunity cost over my entire life.

And you're going to do the same damn thing and you know it.

No it's not. Most welfare comes out of state and federal income tax. I have no real way of breaking it all down and deciding what portion of my income taxes I would like to recoup that I didn't agree with the expenditures for.

But with SS, I know exactly how much was taken from me because it's a clear line item on my tax paperwork, separate from income tax. I'd rather have that 6.2% to invest on my own, but I don't get to have it until I retire, so I'm recouping it to cover that opportunity cost over my entire life.

SS is a welfare program that pays CURRENT EXPENSES.

There is no 'pool of money' that you have paid into waiting for you to recoup.

You plan to get in on this welfare program at age 65, just like everyone else, despite your professed adherence to lofty, esoteric Libertarian principle.

Are you suggesting that it is nothing more than a atxation to offset current expenditures?

That is true. There is no SS pool of capital as it has already been spent trillions ago in national debt.

I have my own retirement plan. What good is that plan, or even SS, if the government spends us (the dollar in particular through monetary inflation) into economic ruin. Does my retirement vs. the SS I paid in make any difference? That's where both sides need to get it straight. SS is a nonissue in both who pays and who claims it because it is already a wasted program and unsustainable.

Take it or donn't. But make no mistake it is already spent and govt. borrows to pay it. Obama even said that mid-late last year over raising the debt ceiling.

We're beyond broke, folks.

You plan to get in on this welfare program at age 65, just like everyone else, despite your professed adherence to lofty, esoteric Libertarian principle.

It used to be a trust fund. I don't care that the government decided to abuse it and spend it on everything else. I still have my OWN "pool of money" that's been taken from me, and I'm going to take it back if it's even still available by that point.

They rob me enough. I'm taking back what I can. If I had my way, we'd barely be getting taxed at all because we'd barely be spending.

Maybe we can all dream that Romney will win and the GOP will get a super-majority in congress and SS will finally be eliminated.

Yeah right.

Allowing people coming into the workforce to opt out is the best way to begin drawing the program down. Since it is mandatory, those who have paid in, regardless of philosophical belief on the program, are in agreement with govt. to receive the benfits they paid into.

Educating new-comers that it is broken and giving them the opportunity to draw out is the only way I see it ever getting downsized in portion and eventually elinimated with the least amount of disparage and waste.

Is that one of Romney's campaign points? To make SS optional to new-comers?

Social Security is NOT broken. It simply needs continued tuning and tweaking like several times in the past to keep it viable for future recipients.

The misinformation we are constantly bombarded with – that Social Security is going bankrupt – is wrong. The truth is that even if nothing were done to change the financing of Social Security, the program would pay 100 percent of the same benefits it is currently paying for the next 25 years. No senior is, nor will be losing a dime of his or her benefits. Even after 2036, if nothing is done Social Security will pay 77 percent of promised benefits. That is a 23 percent problem that can and will be resolved. Social Security is not broken, not broke, and certainly not bankrupt.

More: Social Security is Not Broken, Not Broke, and Certainly Not Bankrupt

I still have my OWN "pool of money" that's been taken from me.

Sorry. You are slightly delusional if you believe the gummint has your sack of gold tucked away somewhere just waiting for you to cash in.

Social Security is NOT broken. It simply needs continued tuning and tweaking like several times in the past to keep it viable for future recipients.

The misinformation we are constantly bombarded with – that Social Security is going bankrupt – is wrong. The truth is that even if nothing were done to change the financing of Social Security, the program would pay 100 percent of the same benefits it is currently paying for the next 25 years. No senior is, nor will be losing a dime of his or her benefits. Even after 2036, if nothing is done Social Security will pay 77 percent of promised benefits. That is a 23 percent problem that can and will be resolved. Social Security is not broken, not broke, and certainly not bankrupt.

The money is borrowed to pay recipients now and you say, "it needs a tweaking"?
There is also no adjustment to price increases within that 23% problem model.

It's like being so in debt that you pay monthly credit card balances with other credit cards and then say that if you can just get one new card you can get another 2-3 years out of your current debt/deficit accumulation model. It's the most piss poor lousy way of doing finances on earth and most important of all, it can not be sustained.

Stop being delusional.

It's like being so in debt that you pay monthly credit card balances with other credit cards and then say that if you can just get one new card you can get another 2-3 years out of your current debt/deficit accumulation model. It's the most piss poor lousy way of doing finances on earth and most important of all, it can not be sustained.

Stop being delusional.

Social Security currently has a $1.5 trillion surplus, invested in U.S. Government securities - drawing interest.

Trust Fund FAQs

Stop being delusional.

Social Security currently has a $1.5 trillion surplus, invested in U.S. Government securities - drawing interest.

Trust Fund FAQs
You are such a fucking idiot. SS is insolvent in 2017. Numbers cannot lie. Even Obama knows this.

Insolvent = unable to pay debts

Moron.

Stop being delusional.

Trust Fund FAQs
You are such a fucking idiot. SS is insolvent in 2017. Numbers cannot lie. Even Obama knows this.

Insolvent = unable to pay debts

Moron.

So, where is your "credible" PROOF?????

Trust Fund FAQs

Forum List

Back