Paul Ryan Budget: House Passes Bill To Spare Defense, Cut Food Aid, Health Care

Not necessarily...

True, resources wasted running a bloated bureaucracy are just as gone as those wasted rewarding fat campaign contributions with fat contracts, the difference is how the waste sparked by campaign money is self perpetuating.

If we move toward a fair and simple tax code, we cut deeply in to corporate welfare - after that, ass-u-me-ing we tie their hands with a balanced budget requirement, our representatives will actually have the time to simplify and streamline the rules and bureaucracies that provide the public welfare safety net, hopefully in an effort to keep that net from remaining 'comfortable'.
None of which refutes the fact that politicians and bureaucrats line their pockets first, before any aid is rendered to those who supposedly need it worse than those from whom the resources were expropriated.

And, of course, the most voracious and least accountable political bureaucracy is the one situated in Foggy Bottom.

Succinct and true.

I'll be doing my part and the way Mittens has been lying, I suspect a lot of others will too. Its not like they can actually vote for him!
I also feel the same way about democrats who move to the right. I voted for Obama last time, but ever since he's adopted the neocon foreign policy agenda, I will not be voting for him this time.

Both left and right, should vote out all incumbants.

Obama's adopted the "neocon foreign policy agenda"? Really? Which is progressive double speak for using our military in some capacity somewhere other than in America I presume...which would make every president for the past couple hundred years a "neocon" as well?

Why do you even bother to vote at all? You're obviously painfully confused about how the world operates.

Not necessarily...

True, resources wasted running a bloated bureaucracy are just as gone as those wasted rewarding fat campaign contributions with fat contracts, the difference is how the waste sparked by campaign money is self perpetuating.

If we move toward a fair and simple tax code, we cut deeply in to corporate welfare - after that, ass-u-me-ing we tie their hands with a balanced budget requirement, our representatives will actually have the time to simplify and streamline the rules and bureaucracies that provide the public welfare safety net, hopefully in an effort to keep that net from remaining 'comfortable'.
None of which refutes the fact that politicians and bureaucrats line their pockets first, before any aid is rendered to those who supposedly need it worse than those from whom the resources were expropriated.

And, of course, the most voracious and least accountable political bureaucracy is the one situated in Foggy Bottom.

True dat.

Forum List

Back