Paul Krugman "hits the nail on the head" in re: Obamacare

"Pogroms" are something which are now totally ignored in American public school history classes because they too closely resemble some of the crap the regime is pulling. You may have to find a very old dictionary to look it up.

"Pogroms" are something which are now totally ignored in American public school history classes because they too closely resemble some of the crap the regime is pulling. You may have to find a very old dictionary to look it up.

And here I was thinking it was some type of fruit! :cuckoo:

I acctually found it!

Definition of pogrom (n)
po·grom[ pə gróm ]
organized killing of minority: a planned campaign of persecution or extermination sanctioned by a government and directed against an ethnic group, especially against the Jews in tsarist Russia

Pogrom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I apologize for mocking out a posting member.

Krugman is a very wise man:

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)
The hysteria over Obamacare is being well documented, of course; Sahil Kapur’s piece on “Obamacare McCarthyism” — the instant purging of any Republican who offers any hint of accommodation to the law of the land — is getting a lot of well-deserved attention. One thing Kapur doesn’t emphasize, however, is what I see a lot in my inbox (and in my reading): the furious insistence that nothing resembling a government guarantee of health insurance can possibly work.

That’s a curious belief to hold, given the fact that every other advanced country has such a guarantee, and that we ourselves have a 45-year-old single-payer system for seniors that has worked pretty well all this time. But nothing makes these people as angry as the suggestion that Obamacare might actually prove workable.

That’s a curious belief to hold, given the fact that every other advanced country has such a guarantee, and that we ourselves have a 45-year-old single-payer system for seniors that has worked pretty well all this time. But nothing makes these people as angry as the suggestion that Obamacare might actually prove workable.

krugman needs some serious meds, it cannot 'prove workable', that ship has sailed......... the fact that he would posit this especially now, now after obama has been massaging the shit out of the aca bill as it was passed, example- who knew the plans they killed with the aca, ala catastrophic plans for folks under 30, that he would then made 'legal' again for everyone- DUE to a hardship brought on BY obamacare and suspensions/changes to/of this that and the other, is still the aca? its a riot, it barley rings true to what was passed, there is no Obamacare as it was passed anymore........

If you want to find an economist that hits the nail on the head, try looking to Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams.

ummm..... the law has been active for..... oh..... say 10 days give or take Trajan :eusa_eh: Stay classy :thup:

He's got more class and brains in his left big toe than you'll ever have.

Obamacare is already screwing up peoples lives.

And you've yet to show anyone being purged.

Facts are a stubborn enemy to you.

Won't need to be bumpin' this thread much longer mebelle60. :) I got a NEW Krugman thread in the works. ;) He is a TRUE PATRIOTIC AMERICAN. He calls it as he sees it and this Repub pogrom on their own members is downright cringe-worthy :nono:

Well except that we have all asked you to show who has been purged and you have yet to produce any...

"links", follow them sometime :) This link was in the beginning, 2nd paragraph no less, of Krugman's article you rw drone:

The Rise Of Obamacare McCarthyism

A recent target is Rep. Jack Kingston, a Georgia Republican running for the Senate, who last week told a local radio station that it's not "responsible" to sit back and watch Obamacare "fall to pieces on its own." He was touting his bill to exempt more businesses from the law's requirement to provide insurance to employees.

The conservative pushback was merciless. "Jack Kingston has Surrendered on Obamacare," blared a headline on RedState.com, accusing the congressman of "[c]oming to terms with Obamacare" and insisting conservatives must not "acquiesce" to the law. One of Kingston's Republican opponents echoed the attack.

Last edited:
"links", follow them sometime :) This link was in the beginning, 2nd paragraph no less, of Krugman's article you rw drone:

A recent target is Rep. Jack Kingston, a Georgia Republican running for the Senate, who last week told a local radio station that it's not "responsible" to sit back and watch Obamacare "fall to pieces on its own." He was touting his bill to exempt more businesses from the law's requirement to provide insurance to employees.

The conservative pushback was merciless. "Jack Kingston has Surrendered on Obamacare," blared a headline on RedState.com, accusing the congressman of "[c]oming to terms with Obamacare" and insisting conservatives must not "acquiesce" to the law. One of Kingston's Republican opponents echoed the attack.

Um....sorry, your link there does nothing to support your claim...that quote is NOT in that link.

Um....sorry, your link there does nothing to support your claim...that quote is NOT in that link.
Oh it's there.

Dotty loves selective editing.

"A lot of conservatives say, 'Nah, let's just step back and let this thing fall to pieces on its own. But I don't think that's always the responsible thing to do," he said. "We need to be looking for things that improve health care overall for all of us. And if there is something in Obamacare, we need to know about it."

Oh and the . lied, once again.

:eusa_shhh:

Won't need to be bumpin' this thread much longer mebelle60. :) I got a NEW Krugman thread in the works. ;) He is a TRUE PATRIOTIC AMERICAN. He calls it as he sees it and this Repub pogrom on their own members is downright cringe-worthy :nono:

Last edited:

Oh it's there.

Dotty loves selective editing.

"A lot of conservatives say, 'Nah, let's just step back and let this thing fall to pieces on its own. But I don't think that's always the responsible thing to do," he said. "We need to be looking for things that improve health care overall for all of us. And if there is something in Obamacare, we need to know about it."

Oh and the . lied, once again.

:eusa_shhh:

You FINALLY found the quote :clap: You sure you vote Repub? Most of them wouldn't be able to. :tinfoil: You have to read ALLLLLL the way to the 2nd paragraph to see it :rolleyes: The middle sentence I left out supports my argument as well. The guy was basically saying don't throw out the baby w/ the bath water & Heritage-funded, attack dogs AKA- Repubs went after him. :(

Last edited:

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)
The hysteria over Obamacare is being well documented, of course; Sahil Kapur’s piece on “Obamacare McCarthyism” — the instant purging of any Republican who offers any hint of accommodation to the law of the land — is getting a lot of well-deserved attention. One thing Kapur doesn’t emphasize, however, is what I see a lot in my inbox (and in my reading): the furious insistence that nothing resembling a government guarantee of health insurance can possibly work.

Not much argument that it works...lots of argument over if it is affordable...

If/when Heritagecare AKA Romneycare AKA- Obamacare works, some Repub's heads are going to explode

So, what criteria would establish that the law "works"? Compliance? If everyone knuckles under and gives the insurance industry their pound of flesh, will Democrats call that a win?

If/when Heritagecare AKA Romneycare AKA- Obamacare works, some Repub's heads are going to explode

So, what criteria would establish that the law "works"? Compliance? If everyone knuckles under and gives the insurance industry their pound of flesh, will Democrats call that a win?

Dottie can visit his proctologist as often as he wants.

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)

It's call pure unadulterated rage.

These people are rageaholics, otherwise known as Conservatives.

And their addiction is Obama.

So, what criteria would establish that the law "works"?
Compliance? If everyone knuckles under and gives the insurance industry their pound of flesh, will Democrats call that a win?
They'll make up some fatuous and illiterate meme, like the one about unemployment checks being economically stimulating.

Forum List

Back