Paul Krugman "hits the nail on the head" in re: Obamacare

stay on-topic people :eusa_hand: Here it is again for those w/ short attn spans:

Krugman is a very wise man:

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)
The hysteria over Obamacare is being well documented, of course; Sahil Kapur’s piece on “Obamacare McCarthyism” — the instant purging of any Republican who offers any hint of accommodation to the law of the land — is getting a lot of well-deserved attention. One thing Kapur doesn’t emphasize, however, is what I see a lot in my inbox (and in my reading): the furious insistence that nothing resembling a government guarantee of health insurance can possibly work.

That’s a curious belief to hold, given the fact that every other advanced country has such a guarantee, and that we ourselves have a 45-year-old single-payer system for seniors that has worked pretty well all this time. But nothing makes these people as angry as the suggestion that Obamacare might actually prove workable.

Last edited:
whats keepin you latched-onto my thread then stalkerboi :dunno:

Heres the "smoking gun" that Antares "missed" :shock:

The Rise Of Obamacare McCarthyism
"I've not seen anything like this before," said Norm Ornstein, a congressional scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. "It is just such an interesting phenomenon -- call it anthropological or sociological or pathological. An obsessive hatred with all things Obamacare that has infected everybody on the Republican side. They can't say anything positive about any element of a law that is based on their own fundamental ideas. It means that when anybody says something that could in any way be construed as positive regarding Obamacare it becomes fodder for attacks. ... Conservatives are eating their own."

"obsessive hatred"? Thats what many Repub-voters on this board exhibit as well :eusa_think:

You first!​
:lmao: :lmao:
stay on-topic people :eusa_hand: Here it is again for those w/ short attn spans:

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)
The hysteria over Obamacare is being well documented, of course; Sahil Kapur’s piece on “Obamacare McCarthyism” — the instant purging of any Republican who offers any hint of accommodation to the law of the land — is getting a lot of well-deserved attention. One thing Kapur doesn’t emphasize, however, is what I see a lot in my inbox (and in my reading): the furious insistence that nothing resembling a government guarantee of health insurance can possibly work.

That’s a curious belief to hold, given the fact that every other advanced country has such a guarantee, and that we ourselves have a 45-year-old single-payer system for seniors that has worked pretty well all this time. But nothing makes these people as angry as the suggestion that Obamacare might actually prove workable.

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)

Well except you cannot point out ONE Repub who has been purged o silly twit.

So, let's come back to realities. What news article can you point to that shows Obamacare is experiencing success?

So, let's come back to realities. What news article can you point to that shows Obamacare is experiencing success?

ummm..... I might entertain your question IF THAT WERE THE TOPIC!!! :bang3:

Yeah,

The topic is an opinion piece by the know asswipe Paul Krugman.

Dottie won't support any of Krugman's assertions (and Krugman can't because he has no way of doing it....so what makes dottie think she can ???).

Well, so far she hasn't.

thanks welchboi :thup:

You know, if you'd simply honor your wager & start a fresh new acct. or have your rep zeroed, I'd let bygones be bygones. Otherwise, your just another welching rw'er :boohoo:

Last edited:
whats keepin you latched-onto my thread then stalkerboi :dunno:

Heres the "smoking gun" that Antares "missed" :shock:

The Rise Of Obamacare McCarthyism
"I've not seen anything like this before," said Norm Ornstein, a congressional scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. "It is just such an interesting phenomenon -- call it anthropological or sociological or pathological. An obsessive hatred with all things Obamacare that has infected everybody on the Republican side. They can't say anything positive about any element of a law that is based on their own fundamental ideas. It means that when anybody says something that could in any way be construed as positive regarding Obamacare it becomes fodder for attacks. ... Conservatives are eating their own."

"obsessive hatred"? Thats what many Repub-voters on this board exhibit as well :eusa_think:

You first!​
:lmao: :lmao:

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)

You know, if you'd simply honor your wager & start a fresh new acct. or have your rep zeroed, I'd let bygones be bygones. Otherwise, your just another welching rw'er :boohoo:

Hey [MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION] Why not respond to my post?
Or would you rather your insult fest be relegated to the FZ?

Medicare for all is a reasonable alternative depending on how high the tax rate has to be support the huge influx into the system. If not possible Singapore's 3m system should be taken into consideration.

Jmo

I relish the fact you are still focused on this.

It shows just what a moron you really are.

In what universe what I care if you let bygones be anything.

You are worse than stupid. You are liberal.

"Priorities" mabelle60. Google it :thup:

There was/is a welching, troll trying to derail my thread & I called him (I think its a him) out for his welching, derailing, hackery. You find fault in that, the rw drone that you are :eusa_eh: :thup:

STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!

as to the OP, Krugman nailed it to the wall. :cool:

There was/is a welching, troll trying to derail my thread & I called him (I think its a him) out for his welching, derailing, hackery. You find fault in that, the rw drone that you are :eusa_eh: :thup:

STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!

You waste everyone's time when you post.

I think we'll have to see just how good a debater you think you are.

Care to have a go at it in the Bull Ring ?

You've yet to produce one person who'se been purged over Obamacare. Or are you still looking ?

You'll notice that Krugman didn't produce one example to support any of his crap.

You'll notice the Dottie hasn't done any better than that.

Sorry, Dottie....you lose again.

I'll line up a challenge at the Bull Ring. We'll see just how smart you are.

Last edited:
stop derailing the thread and making everything about you. :eusa_hand:

Besides, Mabelle60 :tinfoil: says she's going to snitch on me if I keep responding to your off-topic, posts for some reason. :dunno:

Back to topic? As to my OP, it stands on its own. Krugman merely pointed-out the elephant in the room.

Besides, Mabelle60 :tinfoil: says she's going to snitch on me if I keep responding to your off-topic, posts for some reason. :dunno:

Back to topic? As to my OP, it stands on its own. Krugman merely pointed-out the elephant in the room.

You can't even hope to look smart on this one.

She's telling you to respond to her post. Your comment that Krugman still stands does not fly. Krugman did nothing to support his stupid assed blog entry and you haven't either.

If you don't have the balls to meet me in the Bull Ring, just say so. Otherwise I will be working on a challenge.

how about working on honoring your wager? I'm done w/ you. Ignore list. :thup:

As to the OP, Krugman always has the keenest insight into rw malevolence.

Unacceptable Realities

(snip)

Last edited:

STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!

Snitch my @ss!
Quit lying, spot.
You're the one that continues to rant away, continuing to derail your own thread and demanding everyone else stay on your rant 'topic', yet you are a hypocrite for not staying on topic yourself.

Truth and facts to back yourself up...Google it :thup:

Forum List

Back