Pat Robertson Outrage: "Hard-Nosed," "Awful Looking" Women Are Ruining Marriages!

Yeah, like I care what Pat Robingsom, Arianna Huffandpuffington, Ann Smoulter, Rachel Madcow, Sean Inannity, Bill Moaners, Rush Limpjaw, Keith Overbite, etc ad nauseum have to say.

By Laura Gottesdiener

Radical Christian televangelist Pat Robertson with one of his most offensive statements of all time.

It always seems to be the woman’s fault. No really—check this one out.

So, a 17-year-old boy writes in to Maxim magazine, complaining that his father never pays any attention to his mother.

“I’m 17 years old and I’ve noticed that there has been a change in my father’s behavior,” he wrote. “He spends too much time at the computer playing a war game. I’ve noticed how alone my mom feels. I just want my father to spend more time with my mom. What should I do? How can I talk to my father? I feel shame for him. Please help.”

Luckily for this perceptive 17 year old, the radical Christian conservative Pat Robertson is on the case—and his answer is, well, exactly what you’d expect from this radical Christian televangelist.

He starts off with the suggestion that the boy try to get his parents out of the house on some type of romantic weekend getaway.

“The romance is obviously going out of the marriage,” he said.

But then—BAM! Robertson draws the woman-hating card, throws it on the flower-decorated glass table in the700 Club’sstudio and suddenly it’s the mother’s fault.

“You know, it may be your mom isn’t as sweet as you think she is, she may be kind of hard-nosed. And so, you say it’s my father, he’s not paying attention to mom, but you know mom…” he trails off and offers a spiteful little chuckle.

All great advice for a 17-year-old boy growing up in the United States’ enduringly patriarchal society. But wait—there’s more: Now it’s not only mom’s fault for being “hard-nosed,” it’s also her fault for being God forsakenly ugly.

He launches into another story: “A woman came to a preacher I know—it’s so funny. She was awful looking. Her hair was all torn up, she was overweight, and looked terrible…”

So far, this story sounds hilarious Pat, Please continue.

“And she said, ‘Oh, Reverend, what can I do? My husband has started to drink.’”

The hateful punch line is coming. I can feel it. I’m on the edge of my seat.

“And the preacher looked at her and he said, ‘Madam, if I were married to you, I’d start to drink too.’”

Yes! Of course! Because the woman is so ugly—not to mention hard-nosed, we can’t forget that problem—the man has turned to drinking, or playing computer games all day, or doing any number of marriage-killing activities that are not really his fault because, God, how could he help himself? I mean, seriously, with a woman like this, who needs enemies?

Can I get an amen and a Hallelujah?

More: Pat Robertson Outrage: "Hard-Nosed," "Awful Looking" Women Are Ruining Marriages! | Alternet

Talk about memories!

I used to like Pat Robertson, before politics and he went insane. The day gold and silver were at it's highest, I took all my bulk coins up to NYC and sold it. I bought that stuff many years before, but I remember Pat saying buy, while I was selling. I sold entire collections of uncirculated coins too, because the price was so high.

I liked that Black sidekick Pat had on his show better than him and I don't even remember his name. It seemed to me, the man made sense and Pat sure didn't.

Forum List

Back