Pat Robertson Outrage: "Hard-Nosed," "Awful Looking" Women Are Ruining Marriages!

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Laura Gottesdiener

Radical Christian televangelist Pat Robertson with one of his most offensive statements of all time.

It always seems to be the woman’s fault. No really—check this one out.

So, a 17-year-old boy writes in to Maxim magazine, complaining that his father never pays any attention to his mother.

“I’m 17 years old and I’ve noticed that there has been a change in my father’s behavior,” he wrote. “He spends too much time at the computer playing a war game. I’ve noticed how alone my mom feels. I just want my father to spend more time with my mom. What should I do? How can I talk to my father? I feel shame for him. Please help.”

Luckily for this perceptive 17 year old, the radical Christian conservative Pat Robertson is on the case—and his answer is, well, exactly what you’d expect from this radical Christian televangelist.

He starts off with the suggestion that the boy try to get his parents out of the house on some type of romantic weekend getaway.

“The romance is obviously going out of the marriage,” he said.

But then—BAM! Robertson draws the woman-hating card, throws it on the flower-decorated glass table in the700 Club’sstudio and suddenly it’s the mother’s fault.

“You know, it may be your mom isn’t as sweet as you think she is, she may be kind of hard-nosed. And so, you say it’s my father, he’s not paying attention to mom, but you know mom…” he trails off and offers a spiteful little chuckle.

All great advice for a 17-year-old boy growing up in the United States’ enduringly patriarchal society. But wait—there’s more: Now it’s not only mom’s fault for being “hard-nosed,” it’s also her fault for being God forsakenly ugly.

He launches into another story: “A woman came to a preacher I know—it’s so funny. She was awful looking. Her hair was all torn up, she was overweight, and looked terrible…”

So far, this story sounds hilarious Pat, Please continue.

“And she said, ‘Oh, Reverend, what can I do? My husband has started to drink.’”

The hateful punch line is coming. I can feel it. I’m on the edge of my seat.

“And the preacher looked at her and he said, ‘Madam, if I were married to you, I’d start to drink too.’”

Yes! Of course! Because the woman is so ugly—not to mention hard-nosed, we can’t forget that problem—the man has turned to drinking, or playing computer games all day, or doing any number of marriage-killing activities that are not really his fault because, God, how could he help himself? I mean, seriously, with a woman like this, who needs enemies?

Can I get an amen and a Hallelujah?

More: Pat Robertson Outrage: "Hard-Nosed," "Awful Looking" Women Are Ruining Marriages! | Alternet

Pat Robertson is one of those poor persecuted christians, feel sorry for him for all the ugly women picking on him.

Marion Gordon "Pat" Robertson (born March 22, 1930)[1] is an American media mogul, executive chairman, and a former Southern Baptist minister, who generally supports conservative Christian ideals. He presently serves as Chancellor of Regent University and Chairman of the Christian Broadcasting Network.

Robertson has a distinguished career as the founder of several major organizations and corporations as well as a university: The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), the International Family Entertainment Inc. (ABC Family Channel), Regent University, the American Center for Law & Justice (ACLJ), the Founders Inn and Conference Center, the Christian Coalition, a Boeing 757 Flying Hospital, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, and CBN Asia.[1][2] He is a best selling author and the host of The 700 Club, a Christian News and TV program broadcast live weekdays on the ABC Family Channel via satellite from CBN studios, as well as on channels throughout the United States, and on CBN network affiliates worldwide.[1]

The son of U.S. Senator A. Willis Robertson, Robertson is a Southern Baptist and was active as an ordained minister with that denomination for many years, but holds to a charismatic theology not traditionally common among Southern Baptists.[3] He unsuccessfully campaigned to become the Republican Party's nominee in the 1988 presidential election.
Pat Robertson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh and from your very own link. :lol: you really should read the articles you put up.

In fact, you don’t need to always turn to fringe male misogynists like Robertson to find examples of these women-blaming credos.

As Alternet’s Lynn Parramore recently wrote, “The Huffington Post ran a front-page piece just this week with a headline that would make any old-school patriarch proud: “Women: Five Reasons Your Divorce Is Your Fault.”

So is the Huffington Post a right wing conservative religious freaked out online rag?

Hey Lakhota I'll give you an AMEN for this thread.

:lmao:

Pat Robertson Outrage: "Hard-Nosed," "Awful Looking" Women Are Ruining Marriages! | Alternet

Marion Gordon "Pat" Robertson (born March 22, 1930)[1] is an American media mogul, executive chairman, and a former Southern Baptist minister, who generally supports conservative Christian ideals. He presently serves as Chancellor of Regent University and Chairman of the Christian Broadcasting Network.

Robertson has a distinguished career as the founder of several major organizations and corporations as well as a university: The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), the International Family Entertainment Inc. (ABC Family Channel), Regent University, the American Center for Law & Justice (ACLJ), the Founders Inn and Conference Center, the Christian Coalition, a Boeing 757 Flying Hospital, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, and CBN Asia.[1][2] He is a best selling author and the host of The 700 Club, a Christian News and TV program broadcast live weekdays on the ABC Family Channel via satellite from CBN studios, as well as on channels throughout the United States, and on CBN network affiliates worldwide.[1]

The son of U.S. Senator A. Willis Robertson, Robertson is a Southern Baptist and was active as an ordained minister with that denomination for many years, but holds to a charismatic theology not traditionally common among Southern Baptists.[3] He unsuccessfully campaigned to become the Republican Party's nominee in the 1988 presidential election.
Pat Robertson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I can see why he prefers to be called "Pat".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back