Party of No Blocking Doc Fix

Not having read this entire thread, yet, let me just ask, is this part of Obama's strategy?

First you push the legislation down the throats of the citizens and then when you have succeeded in that accomplishment, you begin to blame those citizens who told you that you were screwing up, for your own screw ups?

And we all thought the man was a jackass... seems we may have been right.

Immie

Here's more on his "plan":

Internal White House documents reveal that 51% of employers may have to relinquish their current health care coverage by 2013 due to ObamaCare. That numbers soars to 66% for small-business employers.

The documents — product of a joint project of the Labor Department, the Health and Human Services Department and the IRS — examine the effects new regulations would have on existing, or “grandfathered,” employer-based health care plans.

Draft copies of the documents were reportedly leaked to House Republicans earlier in the week. Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., posted them on his Web site Friday afternoon. (View the full report here.)

Under interim regulations, current employer-based coverage would not be grandfathered and hence subject to the health care laws’ consumer provisions if:

* The plan eliminates benefits related to diagnosis or treatment of a particular condition.

* The plan increases the percentage of a cost-sharing requirement (such as co-insurance) above the level at which it was on March 23, 2010.

* The plan increases the fixed amount of cost sharing such as deductibles or out-of-pocket limits by a total percentage measured from March 23, 2010, that is more than the sum of medical inflation plus 15 percentage points.

* The plan increases co-payments as a total percentage measured from March 23, 2010, that is more than the sum of medical inflation plus 15 percentage points or medical inflation plus $5.

* The employer’s share of the premium decreases more than 5 percentage points below what the share was on March 23, 2010.

According to the report, by 2013 51% of all employers — 66% of small employers (3-99 employees) and 45% of large employers — would have to relinquish current coverage. In a worst-case scenario, 69% of firms would lose their grandfathered status.

Administration: 51% Of Companies? Health Plans Won?t Pass Muster

It's becoming increasingly transparent that the goal of ObamaCare Phase I was to trick the public with budget gimmicks in order to enable the Feds to kill of private plans...softening the them up for Single Payer once the private plans are destroyed.

This is just what barry was counting on with the healthcare's path to UHC.

Exactly how should we continue to pay for Medicare when we are currently running a deficit of $1.5 trillion and a total debt of over $13 trillion?

getting out of iraq would be a good start.

cutting farm subsidies would be another.

getting rid of waste.

once those things are done, you can see what else needs to be done... kind of like when a doctor is doing surgery and they need to suck up some of the blood so they can see what's happening.

The most likely of those things would be Iraq, but even that is not that likely. You can forget about eliminating farm subsidies and as for waste cutting, well, the Federal government has seen the largest increase in employees since the recession started.

All good ideas though, but the will does not exist among the American people.

Exactly how should we continue to pay for Medicare when we are currently running a deficit of $1.5 trillion and a total debt of over $13 trillion?

getting rid of waste.

once those things are done, you can see what else needs to be done... kind of like when a doctor is doing surgery and they need to suck up some of the blood so they can see what's happening.

The most likely of those things would be Iraq, but even that is not that likely. You can forget about eliminating farm subsidies and as for waste cutting, well, the Federal government has seen the largest increase in employees since the recession started.

I'd say it's closer to the truth that the will doesn't exist for those with their hands out to quit mooching.

The "doc fix" was a known problem well before Obamacare passed. Why didn't it get included in the package where it belonged? Because it would have exposed the plan for the failure it was and is.

Bullshit.

If the so called leader of our country sat down and spelled out the consequences, and gave people the real numbers, we could not only eliminate the deficit, and reduce spending on programs that politicians are afraid to trust.

The "doc fix" was a known problem well before Obamacare passed. Why didn't it get included in the package where it belonged? Because it would have exposed the plan for the failure it was and is.
That's how the game works...

1) Promise the gullible to "fix" the program, if they play party man and vote for the original bill.

2) Fail to bring aboard the people who would've voted against the original bill, if it had your "fix" in it, when the time comes to do the "fixing".

3) Blame the other party for being "obstructionist".

4) Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'd say it's closer to the truth that the will doesn't exist for those with their hands out to quit mooching.

But take Social Security and Medicare for instance. They make up around 40% of the Federal budget all by themselves. If we are going to get serious about reining in spending, those two programs have to be revamped. Ask your average American if they're willing to take cuts in Social Security and Medicare and you'll get a resounding no and that includes tea partiers as well.

Revamped nothing...They need to be junked altogether.

I've been over the fact that I'm going to get stiffed, since the early '90s. Time for the rest of America to wake up and smell the coffee.

No, they need to be revamped.

Social Security was a good idea from the beginning. It should, however, have set up accounts in the names of the retirees rather than going into the government's greedy claws. The system needs to be revamped, not gutted. Also, in revamping it (I mean privatizing it) we cannot ignore the fact that there are people who have depended on it (and been promised it) all their lives and who need and deserve the benefits we as a nation promised. If we want to improve it, we have to wean ourselves off of it, not simply tell those who paid into it, we're sorry, but... tough shit.

Immie

Okay, I'm confused about this:

The Democrats proved with the passing of Health Insurance Reform that the Republicans didn't have the power to stop a mosquito with a can of raid and now they want us to believe that suddenly Republicans have the capability of making or breaking his fiasco?

Immie

Republicans have super powers, now.

you not understand the process the repubs are using?

Hmm.. Wouldn't that be the process that Nancy insisted would be followed called PAYGO?

you not understand the process the repubs are using?

Hmm.. Wouldn't that be the process that Nancy insisted would be followed called PAYGO?

that's your response?

lol.. yeah, b/c the repubs were so into paygo when they burned up a surplus and doubled the deficit. let me know when you have a real reason other than being the lunatic party of no...

:cuckoo:

Yes, and isn't that why Nancy was supposedly put in charge of the House? Were the dems supposed to put out the fire or pour gasoline on it?

b-b-b-b-b-b-but republicans did it toooooooooo! :rolleyes:

BTW, there never was a surplus and you know it.

it's not about bush. it's about you rightwingnut loons and your double standard. i know how y'all hate being shown up.

sucks being you.
Nobody said anything about Chimpola, until now.

No double standard here either, as I ripped the republicans to shreds when they were spending like democrats on crack....Ask anyone who knows me.

Oh yeah, there never ever was a surplus and you still know it.

Sucks to be you. :lol:

b-b-b-b-b-b-but republicans did it toooooooooo! :rolleyes:

BTW, there never was a surplus and you know it.

it's not about bush. it's about you rightwingnut loons and your double standard. i know how y'all hate being shown up.

sucks being you.
Nobody said anything about Chimpola, until now.

No double standard here either, as I ripped the republicans to shreds when they were spending like democrats on crack....Ask anyone who knows me.

Oh yeah, there never ever was a surplus and you still know it.

Sucks to be you. :lol:

first, my initial post wasn't addressed to you and i don't believe you were here during the last admin (or most of it), so i wouldn't know what your position was with regard to the last administration. given your pov, i'd suspect you objected to his extreme neo-conness... and pro israel stance.

however, you felt the need to jump in and whine about 'bush'. so i think it was you who raised the issue. my comment was directed at the double standard of the person to whom i was responding.

so unless you have a guilty conscience......

or was it just that you felt you'd amuse yourself?

and it's pretty great being me.

try being more original next time.

Last edited:
True, but its easy to get into a war, it much, much, much harder to get out! Regardless of whether it was wise or just to get into Iraq at the moment Iraq seems to be stabilizing and that isn't a bad thing. Pulling out too quick could reverse that!

Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad idea. Here is one area government intervention is NEEDED! I fear the day we import most of our food and stop making it here. That makes us beyond vulnerable. US food product must stay stateside no matter what!

getting rid of waste.
That doesn't happen with growing the government! In fact, growing the government increases waste!

Forum List

Back