Husband's company is getting ready for ObamaCare

Dexter60

Rookie
May 17, 2010
So, what have they done you might ask? My husband drives for a large trucking company. They have always provided health care benefits but what they now doing is this. If your I have a job or get a job and if my employer offers health care, I am to be taken OFF of my husbands health insurance and I HAVE to accept the health care benefits my employer offers. So, guess what would happen if I lose my job and no longer have health care? Since my husband's health care doesn't kick in for the new year until his hire date, which is in February, we would have to wait until then to get me back on his insurance, IF they allow it. My husband hasn't asked yet what would happen if I lost my job and health care insurance if I was taken off of his.
This isn't what my husband's employers health care insurance is demanding, it's what his employer is demanding. Don't be surprised if other employers decide to do the same thing.

I know I will get LESS health care when obamcare takes over. Thoes that have nothing now will of course be getting more, but for thoes of us who already have something it will be less.

Its the same primes of redistribution of wealth. This is the redistribution of health care.

Blame all of this BS on the Obama administrations demands and success at, pushing through a health care REFORM BILL without checking every word and meaning in it. Just for being a 'first' at health care reform,leaving a legacy of debt for generations to come. Many of us just took 10 steps backwards in our so called secure futures.

Companies, the wife's also, and our health care provider, have already taken steps, months ago, to insure they don't lose a penny with these changes coming, many of which many don't have a clue what's in it and many going to make determinations using what THEY interpret until someone challenges these future outcomes.

Out costs, as well as thousands of others I am sure, for health care rose $250/mo many months ago, and now the co-pays, which used to be $10, are now mostly $25 & $50! Now we pay about $12,288/yr for health coverage, with no end in sight for any future rip-off increases. We are now, with ObamaCare, going to take on financially another 'family', and buy them health care, when we are struggling like hell, paying through the nose, for what we have now.

And the rest is yet to come folks, wait and see what happens in 2011-12-13 and 2014! This is what happens when you let a "Bull in a China Shop" for POTUS, electing someone, in my opinion, on the basis of race only, for the most part. He may have been fine as a Senator, but as POTUS, this man has no clue and topping that off his appointed 'advisers', in my opinion, also have no clue. I was hoping that this POTUS would succeed in a large way, I wish him all the best, for ALL OUR SAKES, but so far we are getting screwed, glued and tattooed, without so much as a kiss or a 'feel-around'. I am still hoping that some miracle happens and he does something miraculous. :eusa_pray:

And just to make sure that you feel the full impact of redistribution of income and health care, get ready for the elimination of your mortgage interest deduction.

Time to pay the piper: would you sacrifice your mortgage deduction to the national debt? | 89.3 KPCC

And lowering of the pretax Flexpay cards, meaning higher costs for many at the end of the year when those funds are exhausted. There is so much more, but I don't want to send others into complete shock yet. This is called the "Nickel and Dime" implementation of ObamaCare.

This is all yet more proof of Obama's economic illiteracy.

Consumers account for 70% of the economy (and surprise surprise, consumer spending was UNEXPECTEDLY lower in May). Bleeding out the middle class with higher health care costs and eliminating the mortgage deduction reduces discretionary spending, hurts economic growth, and dampens private sector job creation.

Obamanomics is on track to structurally change our economy so that growth is anemic and unemployment is high, just like Western Europe.

Forum List

Back