Partial Birth Abortion Procedures

chapstic

Jul 25, 2008
minnesota
barack hussein obama voted against the induced infant liability Act, which would have protected babies that survived late-term abortions.

^ Just want to make sure as many people as possible see this horrific procedure..

Are you saying that he wanted to have these babies who survived an abortion killed?

Creates the Induced Birth Infant Liability Act and amends the State Finance Act. Provides that, if a child is born alive after an induced labor abortion or other abortion, a parent of the child or the public guardian may maintain an action on the child's behalf for damages, including costs of care to preserve and protect the life, health, and safety of the child, punitive damages, and costs and attorney's fees, against a hospital, health care facility, or health care provider who harms or neglects the child or fails to provide medical care to the child after the child's birth. Provides that damages shall be used to pay for the cost of preserving and protecting the life, health, and safety of the child. Provides that, if the child does not survive, the balance remaining after the costs of preserving and protecting the life, health, and safety of the child are paid shall be deposited into the Neonatal Care and Perinatal Hospice Fund, a special fund in the State treasury. Provides that the Fund shall be used by the Department of Public Health to make grants for neonatal care or perinatal hospice.

Just in case you have trouble opening the link.

Partial-Birth Abortion Diagram

Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby's leg with forceps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.
The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull.
The scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole.
The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted.
The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse.
The dead baby is then removed.

Providing life saving efforts to the baby was already covered under Illinois law. Obama has been interviewed on this issue so you can decide for yourself based on what he has said. Here's an interview:

Strang: Based on emails we received, another issue of deep importance to our readers is a candidate’s stance on abortion. We largely know your platform, but there seems to be some real confusion about your position on third-trimester and partial-birth abortions. Can you clarify your stance for us?

Obama: I absolutely can, so please don’t believe the emails. I have repeatedly said that I think it’s entirely appropriate for states to restrict or even prohibit late-term abortions as long as there is a strict, well-defined exception for the health of the mother. Now, I don’t think that “mental distress” qualifies as the health of the mother. I think it has to be a serious physical issue that arises in pregnancy, where there are real, significant problems to the mother carrying that child to term. Otherwise, as long as there is such a medical exception in place, I think we can prohibit late-term abortions.

The other email rumor that’s been floating around is that somehow I’m unwilling to see doctors offer life-saving care to children who were born as a result of an induced abortion. That’s just false. There was a bill that came up in Illinois that was called the “Born Alive” bill that purported to require life-saving treatment to such infants. And I did vote against that bill. The reason was that there was already a law in place in Illinois that said that you always have to supply life-saving treatment to any infant under any circumstances, and this bill actually was designed to overturn Roe v. Wade, so I didn’t think it was going to pass constitutional muster.

Ever since that time, emails have been sent out suggesting that, somehow, I would be in favor of letting an infant die in a hospital because of this particular vote. That’s not a fair characterization, and that’s not an honest characterization. It defies common sense to think that a hospital wouldn't provide life-saving treatment to an infant that was alive and had a chance of survival.

RELEVANT MAGAZINE :: Covering God, Life and Progressive Culture

I tend to decide based on what politicians do rather than what they say...

I tend to decide based on what politicians do rather than what they say...

and what has obama done that convinced you he wants to kill babies that survive late term abortions?

What Obama says and the way he votes are two different things.

He supported legislation which would deny life saving practices for late-term abortions where the baby would live otherwise.

this is the bill that requires another attending physican at parital birth abortions...if i am not mistaken that is the reason he voted against the bill...nice smear...i dont think i want mccain trying to reverse roe v wade.

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- In a Sunday interview, pro-abortion presidential candidate Barack Obama defended his opposition to a ban on partial-birth abortions. Though he wasn't in Congress at the time it voted on the ban, he said he would have supported it had it contained a health exception.

However, doctors and medical groups readily acknowledge that the three-day-long abortion procedure -- involving the killing of an unborn baby halfway through the birthing process - never helps women medically.

3 days long????? lots of misinfo out there

T]here’s a lot at stake in this election, especially for our daughters. To appreciate that all you have to do is review the recent decisions handed down by the Supreme Court of the United States. For the first time in Gonzales versus Carhart, the Supreme Court held—upheld a federal ban on abortions with criminal penalties for doctors. For the first time, the Court’s endorsed an abortion restriction without an exception for women’s health. The decision presumed that the health of women is best protected by the Court—not by doctors and not by the woman herself. That presumption is wrong.

Some people argue that the federal ban on abortion was just an isolated effort aimed at one medical procedure—that it’s not part of a concerted effort to roll back the hard-won rights of American women. That presumption is also wrong.

Barack Obama Takes a Subtle but Deadly Approach to Advocating Abortion

This is a position held by a candidate running for the office of the President Of The United States.

No doubt, this is an ethical issue, but it goes directly to the lack of Obama's sound ethical judgment which is something the entire country should be scrutinizing - Politically.

Respectfully,
NObama

Forum List

Back