Partial Birth Abortion Ban

I'm not the person who is implying that I would like to destroy the constitution.

like?

using your executive power for going to war for oil??

It has often been said that a conservative is little more than a liberal who has grown up.

Is this the best response you can muster. Sure why not change the focus of the debate when it suits your purpose?

Originally posted by BleedingHeart
I'm not the person who is implying that I would like to destroy the constitution.

I don't want to destroy the Constitution. But I do want to know what the majority of people in this country want. That's who hold the power here; the people. So if the majority of people belive that abortion is wrong- for whatever reason- they should vote for a law to make it illegal.

That doesn't undermine the constitution, it clearly reinforces it by allowing free speech and the will of the people to prevail.

I also don't see how it's constitutional to make me support abortions but unconstitutional to prohibit them. If it's a personal choice, than I should not be forced to pay for them.

Yea, just like Bush, who suddenly supports the constitution when its good for him.

It's also been said that conservatives are religious fanatics who can't maintain a country.

Yea, just like Bush, who suddenly supports the constitution when its good for him.

It's also been said that conservatives are religious fanatics who can't maintain a country.
Once again, instead of debating you prefer to insult. I am an atheist- that's someone who doesn't believe in religion. I am also a conservative.

I have yet to hear clear and convincing reasons why I should be forced to pay for activities that I do not believe in. Oh wait, you don't have any reasons.

WHO determines morality?
Yes, the army does protect US as a country...The Chinese Army protects their country, but not their rights...thats why we elect law-makers...het hem.
And those law makers voted almost 2 to 1 to ban partial birth abortion.
link

Why should my atheist tax dollars go toward 'faith-based' funding?

-establishment clause

like?

using your executive power for going to war for oil??
Oh, I forgot that President Bush declared war all by himself, without the support of a democratic (as in process, not affiliation) and bipartisan congress.

Then tell me why my tax dollars should fund a single social program?

It is called compassion, something you obviously lack !

It's a sticky situation with national lawmakers. People tend to elect against party lines....

OK, I have to go to a liberal party and have fun and laugh...my screenname is RockCA405...so, IM me if you got something good to say. I'm out.. bye!

Originally posted by eric
Is this guy kidding me !:p

I'm sad to say, quite a lot of people on both ends of the political spectrum are just like him. They debate with passion and emotion but little reason or thought for the other side's views. In so many cases I'd more than happily step aside and "live and let live" but I just don't see how privacy equates to murder?

And like I said originally, I'm not saying I'm pro life or pro abortion and I don't know that I'm the right person to make the decision for others. I just don't understand why eupamisms for murder are bandied about...killing is killing. Nor am I against all forms of killing, but come on at least I'm honest about the ones I'm for being "killing".

Ok, well first of all. It is NOT partial birth abortion. The medical proceedure is called Dialation and Extraction.

Before the new law was passed, a woman required TWO doctors signitures with medical reasons why this should be done. No one could just walk in and get a "Partial birth abortion".

This law has now, made it illegal for any doctor to perform this proceedure, and illegal for the mother to get it done.

Why would anyone have this done?

"3rd Trimester: They are also very rarely performed in late pregnancy. The most common justifications at that time are:

-The fetus is dead.

-The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would place the woman's life in severe danger.

-The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would grievously damage the woman's health and/or disable her.

-The fetus is so malformed that it can never gain consciousness and will die shortly after birth. Many which fall into this category have developed a very severe form of hydrocephalus. "

Curtesy of: http://www.religioustolerance.org/

It would be nice if people would actually do a little research before spouting out a bunch of crap.

But, I guess the reasons I posted aren't good enough. Why protect the women?

Originally posted by Keebs
Ok, well first of all. It is NOT partial birth abortion. The medical proceedure is called Dialation and Extraction.

Before the new law was passed, a woman required TWO doctors signitures with medical reasons why this should be done. No one could just walk in and get a "Partial birth abortion".

This law has now, made it illegal for any doctor to perform this proceedure, and illegal for the mother to get it done.

Why would anyone have this done?

"3rd Trimester: They are also very rarely performed in late pregnancy. The most common justifications at that time are:

-The fetus is dead.

-The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would place the woman's life in severe danger.

-The fetus is alive, but continued pregnancy would grievously damage the woman's health and/or disable her.

-The fetus is so malformed that it can never gain consciousness and will die shortly after birth. Many which fall into this category have developed a very severe form of hydrocephalus. "

Curtesy of: http://www.religioustolerance.org/

It would be nice if people would actually do a little research before spouting out a bunch of crap.

But, I guess the reasons I posted aren't good enough. Why protect the women?

I think most of us on the board have either debated the constitutionality of the law or stated that there should be an exception if the life of the mother was in jeopardy. Reading only the last few pages it would have been difficult to realize that.

However, in response to your post, I'd like to find proof that every state required two doctors signatures before a 3rd trimester abortion and that the ONLY reasons people have 3rd trimester abortions are because the fetus is dead or "malformed" or the woman's life is in jeopardy. I just don't think that's the case.

Forum List

Back