Parliament backs Brexit bill

Unless you're talking about Scotland, in which case freedom sucks and it's better to be richer by being a part of the UK.

Well, that's their decision isn't it? And that I agree with. Scotland would be stupid to leave the UK considering they're one giant welfare state.

Unless you're talking about Scotland, in which case freedom sucks and it's better to be richer by being a part of the UK.

Well, that's their decision isn't it? And that I agree with. Scotland would be stupid to leave the UK considering they're one giant welfare state.

One giant welfare state with a lot of gas......

And England would be stupid to leave the EU considering it's just lost 15% on the pound.

Last edited:

And England would be stupid to leave the EU considering it's just lost 15% on the pound.

Nope, they'll be fine and probably better for it.

Nope, they'll be fine and probably better for it.

I love the people who are avidly against Scotland leaving the UK and pro the UK leaving the EU.

They'll use the same arguments for both, only in a totally contradictory manner.

I love the people who are avidly against Scotland leaving the UK and pro the UK leaving the EU.

They'll use the same arguments for both, only in a totally contradictory manner.

Apples and oranges

Yeah, apples because you're on one side of the fence for one argument, and oranges because you're on the other.

The difference. If the UK leaves the EU you think you'll have more power. If Scotland leaves the UK you'll have less power. Apples and oranges.

British Prime Minister Theresa May self-imposed a date for writing a letter to the European Council by the end of this month. She is a stubborn person and it is believed she will do as she promised. The UK will then have 2 years to disentangle from all the treaties and agreements it has with the European Union (EU). This will be very complicated and Britain will be an overall loser in many regards, such as academics (16% of students to Oxford e.g. are EU citizens but after Brexit these students will be subject to foreign fees so they will go elsewhere. University professors from the EU will suddenly be foreigners and subject to strict visa requirements and limitations on travel which do not apply to EU citizens at present. Research will suffer as these academics will also go elsewhere in the EU). Goodness! I have only touched upon one of the many areas where Britain will be the loser and my post is already too long. I had better stop. Wish the English could stop there exit so easily.

Its a process being driven for the benefit of people who carnt spel. May is in thrall to cab drivers and little englanders.Shocking.

Forum List

Back