Parents: here are some of the leftist studies and lessons your paying for

This will be a long list, you as a parent should keep up on what your paying for. If the snowflakes want that course let them pay for it... If you are alumni stop funding these institutions...
:desk:

The Anti-Trump Curriculum

Feminist Geology
Feminist geography - Wikipedia

Feds Paid $709,000 To Academic Who Studies How Glaciers Are Sexist :cuckoo:
Read more: Feds Paid $709,000 To Academic Who Studies How Glaciers Are Sexist

Feminist pedagogy
Feminist pedagogy - Norton Safe Search

The 15 Most Ridiculous College Courses You Won’t Believe Are Being Taught

Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction.

More to come...:popcorn:

/---- You can thank the teachers union for dumbing down our kids to the point where the only way they can get a degree is to major in a useless curriculum. But colleges always offered crip courses for dummies just to take in the tuition money. In my day it was basket weaving.

"Major in a curriculum"?

???
/---- Sorry to confuse you. Let me dumb it down for you.
college curriculum defined:
1. All the courses of study offered by an educational institution. 2. A group of related courses, often in a special field of study: the engineering curriculum. [Latin, course, from currere, to run; see current.]
Curriculum - definition of curriculum by The Free Dictionary
From Penn State
Curriculum Semester Plans

Childhood and Early Adolescent Education

Childhood Education Teaching Option PK-4 (academic plan) (checksheet) [sample semester plan]

English Education Teaching Option 4-8 (academic plan) (checksheet) [ sample semester plan]

Mathematics Education Teaching Option 4-8 (academic plan) (checksheet)

Social Studies Education Teaching Option 4-8 (academic plan) (checksheet) [sample semester plan]

This will be a long list, you as a parent should keep up on what your paying for. If the snowflakes want that course let them pay for it... If you are alumni stop funding these institutions...
:desk:

The Anti-Trump Curriculum

Feminist Geology
Feminist geography - Wikipedia

Feds Paid $709,000 To Academic Who Studies How Glaciers Are Sexist :cuckoo:
Read more: Feds Paid $709,000 To Academic Who Studies How Glaciers Are Sexist

Feminist pedagogy
Feminist pedagogy - Norton Safe Search

The 15 Most Ridiculous College Courses You Won’t Believe Are Being Taught

Academics, on average, lean to the left. A survey being released today suggests that they are moving even more in that direction.

More to come...:popcorn:
Are they paying for lessons telling the difference between "their", "there", and "they're"?

Vanderbilt, Duke Divinity Schools Want Professors Teaching a Gender-Neutral God
“Developing a more inclusive language about God.”
News
Trey Sanchez
god.jpg

It’s reported that Vanderbilt isn’t making this change a requirement and Snarr says, “It is up to the individual professor’s interpretation for their classes and is suggestive rather than mandatory.”

Duke’s divinity school guidelines are similar, calling for “developing a more inclusive language about God” and avoiding masculine pronouns. “God” or “Godself” will suffice.

Instead of saying “God the father,” a professor at Duke is encouraged to say, “God the parent.” Another example: “God is the father who welcomes his son, but she is also the woman searching for the lost coin.”

Duke’s guidelines admit the gender-neutral language “can sound clumsy,” but adds that it’s “largely due to the fact that we are in a transitional period with our use of language.” In due time, Duke hopes it will become the norm: “Imagination, patience, and diligence are required in order to use language that expands and enriches our understanding of God.”

Vanderbilt, Duke Divinity Schools Want Professors Teaching a Gender-Neutral God
Your god has a gender?

South Carolina 6th Graders Learn Five Pillars of Islam
“I do not believe in terrorists’ idea of a ‘holy war.’”
News
Trey Sanchez
1st-shahada_black_0_0.jpg

Kids in public schools learning about the religion of Islam in great detail continues to happen in the U.S.A.

TruthRevolt has kept a careful eye on this phenomenon, reporting on instances such as in California, Florida, Tennessee, and Minnesota where students either sang songs about Ramadan (complete with the lyrics “Allahu Akbar”), designed a Muslim prayer rug, or wrote down the five pillars of Islam, including “all people must submit to Allah.”

The latest has occurred in Summerville, South Carolina at Alston Middle School, where 6th graders learned about the five pillars and were instructed on the “correct” interpretation of verses from the Koran.

EAGnews.org obtained a copy of one of the worksheets that included a fill-in-the-blanks section which stated:

“Islam is a religion of (peace). If I believe in Islam, I am called a (Muslim). In the Islamic religion, we call God (Allah). I may dress differently than other kids. I feel (bad) that a few people of my religion committed terrorist acts. I do not believe in terrorists’ idea of a ‘holy war.’”

One parent told a local news station that permission should’ve been asked for before giving a lesson on religious values.

Similar complaints have been across the country. The near-indoctrination was getting so bad in Tennessee, lawmakers introduced a bill in 2015 to curb the amount of time spent on Islamic lessons. CAIR called the move “anti-Islam” but parents across the Bible Belt state had become concerned that more time was spent covering the doctrines of Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism but not Christianity. Usually, that topic was reserved for when the class studied the “Age of Exploration” and learned how Christians persecuted others in Western Europe.

South Carolina 6th Graders Learn Five Pillars of Islam
How much of 6th grade social studies is on christianity from Roman times to the Reformation?

You'll have to excuse me if I don't take somebody seriously who doesn't know the difference between "you're" and "your". Your post was also full of misinformation that's designed to appeals to the pre-determined notions that the readers already have. In short: it's bullshit.

That's it? That's your response? A grammar lesson?

Apparently, we are witnessing the death of coherent thought and communicative interchange.

RIP

Engaging in an intellectual conversation about education is one--people are free to disagree with the facts at hand (and believe me I disagree with tons of educators). However, if one truly believes that the public educational system is actually promoting Islam, an embrace of homosexual intercourse, an anti-Trump platform, feminist political movement, etc...well they're just wrong.

For example the OP quoted schools teaching the feminist literary criticism (something in which I teach mind you so I assure you I know what I'm talking about when I discuss it below). However, it has NOTHING to do with any political movement and be summed up very easily what its purpose is. What is the portrayal of men vs women in the text, and what power struggles exist? Why?". That's it. That's all the feminist criticism looks at. Hell you could have an anti-feminist narrative and use the feminist criticism for it and conclude that the narrative was effective or even had a positive message.

However when an ignorant person sees "feminist literary criticism" (such as our genius OP), they jump into the ocean with no lifeguard and scream about not having a life vest.

The public educational system is actually promoting Islam, an embrace of homosexual intercourse, an anti-Trump platform and the feminist political movement.

My kids are in middle school, where they take a class called "social studies" that straight up teaches and encourages communism. they have a classmate who is transgender with multi colored clown hair, and they are forced to embrace that lunacy. They are daily bombarded with anti-Trump rhetoric from classmates and teachers...which is smiled upon...whereas anything that questions that rhetoric is labeled as racist.

And yes Islam is promoted. The first day of this last quarter was set aside for a social studies IMMIGRATION lab, where the kids assume the roles of (muslim) immigrants, and watch a series of pro-muslim, pro-illegal rubbish. Kids also assume the roles of immigration agents, who are assigned "biases" because, according to the teacher, "if we don't assign biases they let everybody in and the model doesn't work".

YEAH BECAUSE THE MODEL ISN'T REALISTIC you fucking morons. The model is supposed to teach the children that borders are racist and wrong, and border agents are cruel and unreasonable..and it ISN'T TRUE. So they have to ASSIGN the characteristics, because the model actually reflects reality pretty well..which is that ALMOST EVERYBODY GETS THROUGH.

I am a teacher and I have NEVER taught anything related to Islam (or any religion out of Biblical allusions), nor have I taught anything regarding homosexuality.

A teacher's job is NOT to push their personal beliefs on their students...but this goes for beliefs on the "right" and "left" .

One of the following scenarios is occurring (based on your post I'm quoting): A) your kid is lying to you B) you're lying to USMB C)You're misinformed/misunderstand what the school work is, or D) you're missing out on a great law-suit opportunity.

A couple of inquiries for you:

1) Should the school prohibit students from expressing their political beliefs? (my district sent all of us an email telling us NOT to tell students about our beliefs).

2) Should teachers discriminate against students based on their hair or the clothes they wear?

3) Post a link of your district's curriculum that "promotes Islam", "promotes communism" "promotes homosexuality". Any curriculum is available online for easy access.

4) Do you REALLY think that schools should teach what communism is...after all if you're uneducated about it how could you possibly prevent it?

Basically here's my point: you're making a lot of claims...but are providing zero evidence.

Are you seriously telling me that I can't find proof that teachers are, in fact, intentionally influencing the attitudes, opinions, and politics of their students?

Do you REALLY want me to go find proof? We've had a hundred threads here about the hypocrisy and political interventions in our schools.
Go right ahead...show us some proof since you say there are "a hundred threads".

Engaging in an intellectual conversation about education is one--people are free to disagree with the facts at hand (and believe me I disagree with tons of educators). However, if one truly believes that the public educational system is actually promoting Islam, an embrace of homosexual intercourse, an anti-Trump platform, feminist political movement, etc...well they're just wrong.

For example the OP quoted schools teaching the feminist literary criticism (something in which I teach mind you so I assure you I know what I'm talking about when I discuss it below). However, it has NOTHING to do with any political movement and be summed up very easily what its purpose is. What is the portrayal of men vs women in the text, and what power struggles exist? Why?". That's it. That's all the feminist criticism looks at. Hell you could have an anti-feminist narrative and use the feminist criticism for it and conclude that the narrative was effective or even had a positive message.

However when an ignorant person sees "feminist literary criticism" (such as our genius OP), they jump into the ocean with no lifeguard and scream about not having a life vest.

The public educational system is actually promoting Islam, an embrace of homosexual intercourse, an anti-Trump platform and the feminist political movement.

My kids are in middle school, where they take a class called "social studies" that straight up teaches and encourages communism. they have a classmate who is transgender with multi colored clown hair, and they are forced to embrace that lunacy. They are daily bombarded with anti-Trump rhetoric from classmates and teachers...which is smiled upon...whereas anything that questions that rhetoric is labeled as racist.

And yes Islam is promoted. The first day of this last quarter was set aside for a social studies IMMIGRATION lab, where the kids assume the roles of (muslim) immigrants, and watch a series of pro-muslim, pro-illegal rubbish. Kids also assume the roles of immigration agents, who are assigned "biases" because, according to the teacher, "if we don't assign biases they let everybody in and the model doesn't work".

YEAH BECAUSE THE MODEL ISN'T REALISTIC you fucking morons. The model is supposed to teach the children that borders are racist and wrong, and border agents are cruel and unreasonable..and it ISN'T TRUE. So they have to ASSIGN the characteristics, because the model actually reflects reality pretty well..which is that ALMOST EVERYBODY GETS THROUGH.

I am a teacher and I have NEVER taught anything related to Islam (or any religion out of Biblical allusions), nor have I taught anything regarding homosexuality.

A teacher's job is NOT to push their personal beliefs on their students...but this goes for beliefs on the "right" and "left" .

One of the following scenarios is occurring (based on your post I'm quoting): A) your kid is lying to you B) you're lying to USMB C)You're misinformed/misunderstand what the school work is, or D) you're missing out on a great law-suit opportunity.

1) Should the school prohibit students from expressing their political beliefs? (my district sent all of us an email telling us NOT to tell students about our beliefs).

2) Should teachers discriminate against students based on their hair or the clothes they wear?

3) Post a link of your district's curriculum that "promotes Islam", "promotes communism" "promotes homosexuality". Any curriculum is available online for easy access.

4) Do you REALLY think that schools should teach what communism is...after all if you're uneducated about it how could you possibly prevent it?

Basically here's my point: you're making a lot of claims...but are providing zero evidence.

Are you seriously telling me that I can't find proof that teachers are, in fact, intentionally influencing the attitudes, opinions, and politics of their students?

Do you REALLY want me to go find proof? We've had a hundred threads here about the hypocrisy and political interventions in our schools.

You made a claim and I am asking you to prove it. Not through websites/blogs from people in basements but from the actual source: the curriculum. It's not that unreasonable of a request, and could be done in 2 minutes at the most.

I can claim that I have a magic purple firing breathing dragon in my garage...but that means nothing if I can't prove it.

"The lawsuit, filed in federal court, alleges that students spent only one day studying Christianity and two weeks studying Islam."

“During its brief instruction on Christianity, Defendants failed to cover any portion of the Bible or other non-Islamic religious texts, such as the Ten Commandments,” the lawsuit states. “Instead, the class included disparaging remarks about Christianity and the Pope.”

Students were also allegedly instructed that “the Islamic religion is a fact while Christianity and Judaism are just beliefs.”

Study guide, that was handed out to the kids..

"Most Muslim's faith is stronger than the average Christian."

Also, the apostrophe is used incorrectly, which is typical of the mush headed idiots trying to indoctrinate our kids.

https://www.thomasmore.org/wp-conte...jected-to-Islamic-Indoctrination-Exhibits.pdf

You made a claim and I am asking you to prove it. Not through websites/blogs from people in basements but from the actual source: the curriculum. It's not that unreasonable of a request, and could be done in 2 minutes at the most.

I can claim that I have a magic purple firing breathing dragon in my garage...but that means nothing if I can't prove it.

The favorite liberal trick ----- move the goalposts.

Not one person said that the CURRICULUM was the problem - they all accurately addressed the teachers as the problem.

But, nice try to cover your ass ....
So you want to pretend something is being taught but you don't look at the curriculum WHICH SHOWS WHAT'S BEING TAUGHT. Please recognize that most of us are smarter than that....smarter than you.

American school kids became more stupid under the Obama administration, according to rankings released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

They recently released the results of a worldwide exam administered every three years to 15-year-olds in 72 countries. The exam monitors reading, math and science knowledge.

Based on their findings, the United States saw an 11-point drop in math scores and nearly flat levels for reading and science.

The Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, fell below the OECD average – and failed to crack the top ten in all three categories.

In other words, thanks to the Obama administration’s education policies, kids in the Slovac Republic are more proficient in multiplication.

In fairness, American teenagers may not know long form division - but by golly they know their non-binary gender pronouns. Yes sir, they do!

But you can't blame the kids for being dumb as rocks.

Instead of aspiring to greatness, public schools across the fruited plain are programming kids to be mediocre.

America's kids got more stupid in reading, math and science while Team Obama was in charge
Well, someone got stupider.....I mean, just look who they, in their stupidity, voted into the presidency this last November.

Fascist Universities U.S.A.

It’s time to liberate the campus gulag.

February 24, 2017
Frontpage Editors

fire-berkeley_1.jpg

There was a time when campus life meant dorm parties, Frisbees on the lawn and entering a world of ideas. Today’s campus, however, is a joyless, politically correct gulag where students are taught to confess their crimes of privilege and inform on fellow students.

Free speech died first on campus when the great works of literature were censored because they could be offensive, when comedians began to fear to visit because they might offend someone and when students became afraid to discuss ideas, dress up for a party or even tell a joke.

Now, today’s students know that Bias Response Teams on hundreds of campuses are encouraging students to inform on each other. That a casual remark or humorous tweet could cost them their future.

The David Horowitz Freedom Center is continuing its fight against campus fascism by defying political correctness. The Center has stood in stalwart opposition to the brainwashing of students by faculty and radical hate groups. And we are taking a firm stand against the politically correct intimidation and harassment of students.

It’s time to take back the campus for free speech from the Bias Response Teams.

The Freedom Center will go on resisting politically correct fascism by taking risks on campuses to fight for free speech. Our speakers can’t appear on campuses without security. Sometimes they aren’t allowed to speak at all. But we will go on fighting to ensure that, in the land of the First Amendment, students will be permitted to engage in the free exchange of ideas at their institutions of higher learning.

We will not rest until free speech is restored to every college campus in America.

Fascist Universities U.S.A.
What sports team related riot is that one?

Apparently, we are witnessing the death of coherent thought and communicative interchange.

RIP

Go right ahead...show us some proof since you say there are "a hundred threads".

RIP

RIP

THAT's the best you can do? Whining like a little girl? Counting threads??? Geesh ....

If you don't have a substantive response, just shut up.

"The lawsuit, filed in federal court, alleges that students spent only one day studying Christianity and two weeks studying Islam."

“During its brief instruction on Christianity, Defendants failed to cover any portion of the Bible or other non-Islamic religious texts, such as the Ten Commandments,” the lawsuit states. “Instead, the class included disparaging remarks about Christianity and the Pope.”

Students were also allegedly instructed that “the Islamic religion is a fact while Christianity and Judaism are just beliefs.”

Study guide, that was handed out to the kids..

"Most Muslim's faith is stronger than the average Christian."

Also, the apostrophe is used incorrectly, which is typical of the mush headed idiots trying to indoctrinate our kids.

https://www.thomasmore.org/wp-conte...jected-to-Islamic-Indoctrination-Exhibits.pdf

The favorite liberal trick ----- move the goalposts.

Not one person said that the CURRICULUM was the problem - they all accurately addressed the teachers as the problem.

But, nice try to cover your ass ....
So you want to pretend something is being taught but you don't look at the curriculum WHICH SHOWS WHAT'S BEING TAUGHT. Please recognize that most of us are smarter than that....smarter than you.
Psst ---- a curriculum is nothing more than a piece of paper. It teaches nothing!!

Any correlation between the curriculum and what a teacher says is usually purely coincidental.

American school kids became more stupid under the Obama administration, according to rankings released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

They recently released the results of a worldwide exam administered every three years to 15-year-olds in 72 countries. The exam monitors reading, math and science knowledge.

Based on their findings, the United States saw an 11-point drop in math scores and nearly flat levels for reading and science.

The Land of the Free, Home of the Brave, fell below the OECD average – and failed to crack the top ten in all three categories.

In other words, thanks to the Obama administration’s education policies, kids in the Slovac Republic are more proficient in multiplication.

In fairness, American teenagers may not know long form division - but by golly they know their non-binary gender pronouns. Yes sir, they do!

But you can't blame the kids for being dumb as rocks.

Instead of aspiring to greatness, public schools across the fruited plain are programming kids to be mediocre.

America's kids got more stupid in reading, math and science while Team Obama was in charge
Well, someone got stupider.....I mean, just look who they, in their stupidity, voted into the presidency this last November.
When lacking a cogent response, resort to ad hominem attacks.

What a game plan!!

While it may still be a man's world...it would be defeating to tell my female students that they will be victims for the rest of their lives.
Oh please, only women who don't like the traditional role
of a woman, make themselves out to be victims!
Ok, what is this "traditional role of a woman" you speak of?
Ok, what is this "traditional role of a woman" you speak of?
Being a mother and a wife...if she's married,
being a homemaker, without complaining about
the role, responsibilities, of a wife and mother....
regardless if she's working a job as well.

I am not against women having careers but,
I believe if a woman is married and/or has kids,
her responsibility is to her career as a wife and mother first.

Forum List

Back