Paper or plastic?

Paper or plastic?

• Paper.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Plastic.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I use one of those cloth sacks so I don't use either paper or plastic.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I never buy anything so it doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bought 10 of those reusable ones. You know, the ones that probably cause more pollution in their making than using paper or plastic does in their disposal.

Raw meats go in plastic. Always. I use paper when I run out of bags for the paper recycling, plastic for everything else when my reusables are all filled up. Plastic bags gets reused as poopy bags for the dog.

I have purchased the reusable bags, with the grocery chain ads printed on each side, and they stay comfortably nested in the back of my gas guzzler as I request paper. Burn a tree for me.

I have purchased the reusable bags, with the grocery chain ads printed on each side, and they stay comfortably nested in the back of my gas guzzler as I request paper. Burn a tree for me.

You should use them. They don't tip over in the car, spilling everything all over the place. Great to pack stuff in when you go on vacation too.

Do they even offer paper sacks at the groceries any more? they never ask me to choose like they used to.

I am with US, they only have plastic at our stores.....

I am to tight to buy the reusables, need the money for my 14MPG Expedition....

So, what's it going to be? Paper or plastic?

Take the poll.

I say paper.

I usually go plastic, because I don't have much luck with paper, you might bring a critter home in a paper bag, they get soggy & leak stuff in the trunk, they have no further use, and they take up more room.

Yes, I am not eco-friendy and send the plastic bags onto the landfills. I have a hanging tube that I stuff them in. Then put them all in one bag & tie it off before sending it to the trash.

I have an idea for a grocery carrier. It is like a box, and it sets onto the steel cart where the basket is, you fill it up, you go to the check out, and it is fed off the steel cart frame onto the belt headed to the cashier. The enitre box of goods is scanned, and then it is loaded back onto the steel frame. You pay, and then you go with the cart to your car where the box is loaded into your trunk, replacing the empty one in your trunk back onto the steel frame.

When you get home, you back into your garage and the box is unloaded into the inner pantry of your house trough a steel-rubber door on the wall. Then you unpack it and store it back in the trunk.

Last edited:

Have you seen the log rollers for home? It rolls bags & newspapers into tight logs you burn in your fireplace.:eusa_angel:

So, what's it going to be? Paper or plastic?

Take the poll.

I say paper.

LOL, we have always requested paper bags even before it was "the thing to do"

The plastic bags are a pain in the ass, as we have to save them up and take them back to the grocery. Our garbage will not recycle the plastic bags.

I have the cloth ones but usually always forget them. I also wash them after every use.

porp.jpg

Forum List

Back