Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Bush

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Call S&P racist

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Say S&P does not know what is doing

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Even the libs have to be shamed by this by now.

Seriously, it's time to admit you elected the cool black guy and didn't get a leader.

As many of you will recall, there was much rejoycing by the left when the dow went over 10k.
By this time tomorrow, it won't be, assuming it makes it that far.

If Obama makes a campaign speech...trying to place the blame...we're doomed.

If he make a Presidential Speech...calming the markets and explaining solutions...there's hope.

There is Hope. But President Obama has nothing to do with that.

Up until 1971 when Nixon closed the Gold window and burned down Bretton Woods, gold was priced at 35 roughly from 1936. (I am not sure, but I think they devalued in 1949, but I am not sure)
Roosevelt nationalized all the gold in 1934 and you were forbidden to own any (except in the form of rings and such)
After the dollar was separated from gold, possession by private citizens was made legal again, I believe in 1972. It briefly went up to 300 before settling back down again around 90 or so, but then has gradually worked its way up.
Because Gold, like Silver, has lots of industrial uses and the new Gold mines have trouble keeping up with demand, Gold has usually tracked the rate of inflation, but has been leading just a bit. If we continued to use gold as the basis for money we would be suffering from continuous severe deflation of about 5%
The metal markets are also subject to abuse, as the example of the Hunt brothers showed back in 1979

If it wasn't the TP. Who did he blame?

B/c he certainly isn't man enough to accept any responsibility.
Basically he blamed Congress for not doing their job and being too married to idealology. Which is true.

He has also offered both cuts and tax increases, which are the only way we'll get ahead of our debt.

It's too bad people lie so much. But of course, they are hacks. :thup:

Forum List

Back