Panetta - CIA has mislead Congress repeatedly.

House Dems: Panetta testified CIA has misled Congress repeatedly - CNN.com :clap2:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- CIA Director Leon Panetta recently testified to Congress that the agency concealed information and misled lawmakers repeatedly since 2001, according to a letter from seven House Democrats to Panetta made public Wednesday.

The accusations are so vague, they are virtually useless. However, this is a bit odd:

The White House issued a veto threat on Wednesday over provisions in the bill that would require more expansive briefings of intelligence committee members on covert actions, taking a position against Democratic lawmakers and in line with what the Bush administration had advocated.

House Dems: Panetta testified CIA has misled Congress repeatedly - CNN.com :clap2:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- CIA Director Leon Panetta recently testified to Congress that the agency concealed information and misled lawmakers repeatedly since 2001, according to a letter from seven House Democrats to Panetta made public Wednesday.

The CIA lied?! :eek:

Why am I...not surprised. :eusa_eh:

Isn't it illegal for them to lie/mislead congress? Or is there really no law on the book in case of something like that? :lol:

Last edited:

i wouldn't tell those assclowns anything either.
It's not surprising you feel that way. Laws don't mean much to wingnuts.

Other than a letter claiming Mr Panetta said that (a letter not written by him), there is no proof.
It's all "he said, she said" crap.

Panetta: mani's fastest horse in this race. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, c'mon. Del said "assclown". One of my alltime favorite words.

so you advocate breaking the law(s)? hmmm, you sound familiar. have we ever met?

so you advocate breaking the law(s)? hmmm, you sound familiar. have we ever met?

laws were made to be broken.

no, i don't believe we have.
pity, that.

Yeah, because the more people you tell a secret to, the better it is kept!

:cuckoo:

It is interesting that these letters are on briefings that none of us can have access to to verify what was said. I'll not be taking their word for it. Sounds like the Democrat party is covering their leaders lunatic ass.

Nothing is near normal in washington. They all need to be placed on some strong meds

Simply not as presented. The known incidents were reported and were not common nor a pattern of deception. Misleading indeed. More over, guess what? The CIA is telling us about it. So much for a systematic attempt by the CIA to mislead and lie. Which is what this piece tries to imply.

The reason? Because Pelosi was caught lying repeatedly about what she was told in regards enhanced interrogation methods.

Simply not as presented. The known incidents were reported and were not common nor a pattern of deception. Misleading indeed. More over, guess what? The CIA is telling us about it. So much for a systematic attempt by the CIA to mislead and lie. Which is what this piece tries to imply.

The reason? Because Pelosi was caught lying repeatedly about what she was told in regards enhanced interrogation methods.

you are lying, because you said Pelosi was caught lying repeatedly,:D and you have NO PROOF pelosi lied, let alone, repeatedly about this! I suppose it could be in the eye of the beholder and you could believe she lied, though again, there has been no definitive PROOF of such.

and this shows that it is POSSIBLE that pelosi hit the nail on the head in what she said about the CIA being misleading to her....

I think her effort to change the situation where all 40 members of the intelligence select committee get briefed on all that they have responsibility over verses just a handful or 2 people is a good idea....it at least allows them to make decisions with the other 40 briefed top secretly, though i heard the Obama team, is following bush and saying no to this....and wants to keep it to only the handful...sheesh!

Yeah, because the more people you tell a secret to, the better it is kept!

:cuckoo:

It is interesting that these letters are on briefings that none of us can have access to to verify what was said. I'll not be taking their word for it. Sounds like the Democrat party is covering their leaders lunatic ass.

That's exactly what tbis is about,:eusa_whistle:

Since 2001?!!!

Try since 1947 when the CIA was created.

But in its defence it was simply following in the mendacious footsteps of the OSS which also lied like hell to the civilian authorities which it promised to faithfully serve.

Why is this a surprise. Nancy was telling the truth, I can't wait til I see the apologies rolling in.

Oh, wait.

Forum List

Back