Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Watched it and thought it sucked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't watch it, hate her and her tribe

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Wouldn't watch it, just not interested in Paln at all

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Didn't watch it. Didn't want to miss "The Next Iron Chef".

Dude, get a DVR....and don't tell me who got the boot on NIC cause I haven't watched it yet.:eusa_shhh:

Those two chefs that cooked some stuff these past few weeks got booted, now it's just those other two chefs left.

Damn, I didn't realize it was already down to the finals. I'll try to catch up tonight after DWTS.:D

If you hate America, then your going to hate Palin

Maybe a bear will eat her or a Moose make salad out of her. :) I realize she kills most of her game from a helicopter, but only a fool gets that close to a mama and her cubs, only a fool..............

All Palin needed was for a fish on her line to chum the bear with. What is that they say down South about trolling for alligators with your kids?? LMAO!

my gawd,
:lol::cuckoo:

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone else is locked-in to watching Palin's Alaska series. Not sure if this would help or hurt her chances to run for 2012.

I watch a lot of Discovery, History, Science Channel and National Geo, so a show set i nthe Alaska wilderness is right up my alley. That being said, I could care less about her personal life, her desire to present herself as an average Joe in her run up to running for President and besides that, 2 minutes of her voice drives me up the wall. I didn't avail myself of the opportunity.

Why only positive or negative in the poll questions? I watched it and thought it was ho-hum. No really big surprises, a lot of obvious editing. I mean a grizzly approaching within 3 feet of an open boat? I don't think so... I watched one of those "River Monsters" programs not too long ago, and the pros (and camera people) scrambled to the other side of the river when a grizzly emerged. But hey, "Palin's Alaska" is a reality show. Big difference just for effect.

I did catch something Todd said that I thought was interesting. When Sarah asked him (just before she went on the air with Bill O'Reilly) how concerned he was about taxes since he ran a small business. His reply was "...it's a roll of the dice..." Yessiree, always has been. So what's up with everyone wanting guarantees all of a sudden?

I've been to Alaska 5 times....a wonderful place where reality looks just like the postcards from there. Didn't watch it, but I pretty much know about it.

Most beautiful state by leaps and bounds. Been there 3 times, have to go back once more.
I dunno about that many states have vast amounts of beauty.
Beauty is also different things to different people.
The desert has a very nice quiet beauty.
The mountains are magnicificant.
The blue ridge mountans are wonderful.
The rocky coasts of Maine.
The forests of the NW.
etc....

Texas and Kansas though....

Utah is totally awsome!

The show was a very fast hour. Don't think I'd want to do the glacier walking or rock climbing, but the vastness and beauty of the place was impressive. The price of gas must really bite their budgets up there, traveling so far to get around.
I'll watch the rest of the series if the next shows are as good.

I wouldn't worry about their cost for gasoline when every Alaskan resident gets about $1,500 annually in cold hard cash for allowing Big Oil to drill in the state. That would go a long way toward gas.

The show was a very fast hour. Don't think I'd want to do the glacier walking or rock climbing, but the vastness and beauty of the place was impressive. The price of gas must really bite their budgets up there, traveling so far to get around.

I wouldn't worry about their cost for gasoline when every Alaskan resident gets about $1,500 annually in cold hard cash for allowing Big Oil to drill in the state. That would go a long way toward gas.

well, sometimes it's more than 1500 dollars. It's called the Permanent Fund.
But if you live up north, it takes all of 1500 dollars and MORE for oil to heat your homes just to get through a winter.
So if you all think they have it made in the shade, think again.

Last edited:
Reality TV... Manhunter.
How can you hide from the guy on the horse with a camera crew following you around?

LOL

A decent "reality" show is called the restorers I think it is. Restoring old stuff and more about the work done than fussing and artificial deadlines.

"Teen Mom" on MTV is scripted, but goes off script a lot--especially when most of the young girls in the series realize their mates have no intention of being dads, let alone give up the good times just because they've suddenly got a kid. It's a major wakeup call for young women who (a) think getting pregnant can't happen to them, or (b) even if it does, their man will take care of them. Yeah, right.... I'm hooked on that one because I have three nieces all in that vulnerable age range.

Last edited:
You haven't been to AK then.

In a class by itself. Nothing comparable in the lower 48, tho Hawaii may have a challenge.

The scope of AK is off the scale. It can't be realized via TV.

what's in Alaska that Maine doesn't have as well? :D
The accents of those in Alaska aren't quite as irritating as those in Maine....Close though!

I mean seriously, Just ask someone from Maine a question, and after two minutes it's llike, "enough already, sorry I asked...just shut the fuck up, you're gettin' on my fuckin' nerves!"

:razz:

Ever been south of the Mason-Dixon line?

Dude, get a DVR....and don't tell me who got the boot on NIC cause I haven't watched it yet.:eusa_shhh:

Those two chefs that cooked some stuff these past few weeks got booted, now it's just those other two chefs left.

Damn, I didn't realize it was already down to the finals. I'll try to catch up tonight after DWTS.:D

Speaking of Dancing With the Stars, Sarah didn't even mention Bristol's name once on her new Alaska show. The little blonde child Willow was playing on the floor with I assume was Bristol's son, Tripp, but Sarah still didn't comment.

If you hate America, then your going to hate Palin

Oh grizzly scat. I don't hate her as a person. I hate the fact that she's playing right into the hands of those who want to see America continue to be polarized.

well, sometimes it's more than 1500 dollars. It's called the Permanent Fund.
But if you live up north, it takes all of 1500 dollars and MORE for oil to heat your homes just to get through a winter.
So if you all think they have it made in the shade, think again.

I live in Vermont, honey, so I think I know all about the high cost of heating a home. And nobody pays me an extra $1,500 a year to do it.

I saw it, it was great.

It was kind of like the Croc Hunter.

It's about the majesty of Alaska.

Forum List

Back