Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Watched it and thought it sucked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't watch it, hate her and her tribe

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Wouldn't watch it, just not interested in Paln at all

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
It's a harmless stupid show for people who enjoy harmless stupid shows. 80% of tv is harmless and stupid.

I do have to say in the bit I saw where she was skeet shooting she didn't look like she'd had much experience with a shotgun.

By KYLE HOPKINS
[email protected]

Published: January 5th, 2009 07:21 PM
Last Modified: January 6th, 2009 10:43 AM

The program that gives roughly two months of free heating oil to families in rural Alaska each year is on hold, and nonprofits say they don't know how long the freeze will last.

Over the past two years, Venezuela President Hugo Chavez gave village families more than $16 million worth of heating fuel through his country's government-owned oil company, Citgo Petroleum. In November, a Citgo official told the Alaska Inter-Tribal Council it expected to continue the program this winter.

He may have spoken to soon.

Citizens Energy, the Boston-based nonprofit that oversees the program, announced Monday that the free fuel is on hold as Citgo tries to recover from sinking oil prices and a wounded world economy

Chavez's free heating oil program on hold: Oil | adn.com

It's a harmless stupid show for people who enjoy harmless stupid shows. 80% of tv is harmless and stupid.

I do have to say in the bit I saw where she was skeet shooting she didn't look like she'd had much experience with a shotgun.
So what the fuck does that have to do with the price o' rice in China?

Who is more braver and bolder between the two and would be a better leader?

obama_judo.jpg

sarah20palin20hunting.jpg

obama_judo.jpg

Where does the foolish notion come from that being some sort of rural dweller makes one better qualified to be President?

80% of our population is urban or suburban, and most of our most important issues, concerns, and needs are far more related to urban and suburban people places and things,

and hardly to frontiersmen living in the wilderness.

I wouldn't worry about their cost for gasoline when every Alaskan resident gets about $1,500 annually in cold hard cash for allowing Big Oil to drill in the state. That would go a long way toward gas.

well, sometimes it's more than 1500 dollars. It's called the Permanent Fund.
But if you live up north, it takes all of 1500 dollars and MORE for oil to heat your homes just to get through a winter.
So if you all think they have it made in the shade, think again.

I live in Vermont, honey, so I think I know all about the high cost of heating a home. And nobody pays me an extra $1,500 a year to do it.

then move to Alaska, honey you're so jealous of it.:lol:

obama_judo.jpg

Where does the foolish notion come from that being some sort of rural dweller makes one better qualified to be President?

80% of our population is urban or suburban, and most of our most important issues, concerns, and needs are far more related to urban and suburban people places and things,

and hardly to frontiersmen living in the wilderness.
It would be nice to have a president that has knowledge with the outdoors, wilderness and rural settings. He or she would have better common sense and that is a assett that would probably give that person survivalist instincts in a crisis . That kind of person would make a good president and that is something most city dwelling politicians lack. You can see Palins parents taught her to be herself and not bow down to anyone. Most city dwellers lack nessessary skills because they don't have intuitive thinking that can get them out of trouble when it arises compared to rural people who have the knowledge and forsight to sense something is about to happen. I will never forget this guy from New York City who came down to Louisiana and we took him out in the marsh to see the swamp and show him the drilling rig. The first bullfrog that jumped from the bank unexpectedly into the water due to the boat running scared him so bad he wanted to turn around. A cotton pickin frog for gods sake. He was scared to eat catfish and crawfish. It was unbelievable. If these city folks were ever invaded by a foriegn entity and they had to flee the city and hunt their own food for survival, they wouldn't last a week. They would give up and surrender with their pacifist appeasing attitudes. It's truly astonishing.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a president that has knowledge with the outdoors, wilderness and rural settings. He or she would have better common sense and that is a assett that would probably give that person survivalist instincts in a crisis . That kind of person would make a good president and that is something most city dwelling politicians lack. You can see Palins parents taught her to be herself and not bow down to anyone. Most city dwellers lack nessessary skills because they don't have intuitive thinking that can get them out of trouble when it arises compared to rural people who have the knowledge and forsight to sense something is about to happen. I will never forget this guy from New York City who came down to Louisiana and we took him out in the marsh to see the swamp and show him the drilling rig. The first bullfrog that jumped from the bank unexpectedly into the water due to the boat running scared him so bad he wanted to turn around. A cotton pickin frog for gods sake. He was scared to eat catfish and crawfish. It was unbelievable. If these city folks were ever invaded by a foriegn entity and they had to flee the city and hunt their own food for survival, they wouldn't last a week. They would give up and surrender with their pacifist appeasing attitudes. It's truly astonishing.

Good point...

the frog thing is hillarious!

From what I gather, it's a political ad for which she's being paid $1Million per episode. Shouldn't she be paying for her own ad?

Some days are positively awesome. Check this out.

Sarah Palin has once again refudiated her detractors. The critics may not have loved her new TLC reality show, but the former Alaska governor proved she is ratings gold.

"Sarah Palin's Alaska" was the most-watched series launch in TLC history, with an average of 5 million total viewers tuning in to Sunday's premiere, according to early data from the Nielsen Co. That's not that far away from the 5.2 million viewers for the Season 2 premiere of MTV's hit "Jersey Shore" earlier this year.

Somewhere out there, Maureen Dowd is screaming into a pillow.

:lol:

whoopsies

here's the right link

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sho...cord-with-5-million-viewers-for-premiere.html

Last edited:
people from both sides of the aisle and independents wanted to see what would happen.

i didnt. but then nature shows arent really my thing.

Forum List

Back