Palinisms 101

So did all the candidates in the primary. Else they would not be there.

I said in 2008 that only a fool would want the job and that is all that ran.

But I agree I would not accept the job.
Dictator now might work for me....

Won't get any disagreements from me there. 2008 McCain wasn't even a shadow of his former self. I felt sorry for him actually.

I thought he had some sort of gastric rebellion going on, after they shoved Palin up his ass.

Why would anyone qualified to "do what is needed" be president of the USA?

Its almost become an oxymoron.

Exactly, the very person who most wants the job is the last son of a bitch who should get the job.

Obama wanted it REAL bad.

Well, I agree that the Democratic Party, and their social welfare idealogs wanted it REAL bad, and Obama was going to be their candidate whether he wanted to be or not. Now, IMHO they're beginning to see visable, and serious weaknesses in their empty suit: His mental health is rapidly deteriorating.
___

Very interesting you would say that, as just that subject came up a couple weeks ago with a guy who runs a state-level get out the vote machine for national Dems. He's been at this at some level or other for about 12 years - and was a top tier guy in a battleground state for the 2008 election. He got to meet n greet many of the biggest of the bigwigs within the Democrat Party.

Anyhoo, first he was admitting that getting Democrats excited about 2010 was proving a very difficult task.

Second, concern has quitely been gathering around Obama. The word that was used most often was "Off". I tried to get clarification as to what that could mean specifically, but he just repeated it with "things are off - something is not quite right and people are getting concerned." Now his information was 2nd hand from another person with direct ties to the White House - so who knows. Maybe just some intern who left the job and is now spreading tall tales - who knows.

But given Obama's dismal performance on the job the last few months, it did leave me wondering if there was something to it. And now when you made that comment, it got me to thinking along those lines again.

I am more comfortable believing that Obama is simply in way over his head, exhausted, uncertain, confused, and fearing the backlash coming at the polls in 2010.

But - maybe it is in fact more than that. Maybe his is really "Off" in some way...

I am more comfortable believing that Obama is simply in way over his head, exhausted, uncertain, confused, and fearing the backlash coming at the polls in 2010.

But - maybe it is in fact more than that. Maybe his is really "Off" in some way...

I'd be astonished if The White House announced that, "The President's Cheese had done Slid Off His Cracker."

However, the more you see unusual items in the news, the more sense a "conspiracy theory" grows. The latest was Obama's appearance on The View. While many took this as pandering to his consituancy to try to increase his personal poll ratings, it can be more accurately viewed as a personal therapy session.

Why would going on The View increase his popularity? Everyone watching the view already likes him. No: the purpose was to build up a deteriorating ego.

I expect it to continue to degrade: he will not run again for office (a la Jimmy Carter), and we will see fewer and fewer public appearances. Dems will begin to float 2012 contenders after November, when they are able to assess the damage.

I'd be astonished if The White House announced that, "The President's Cheese had done Slid Off His Cracker."

However, the more you see unusual items in the news, the more sense a "conspiracy theory" grows. The latest was Obama's appearance on The View. While many took this as pandering to his consituancy to try to increase his personal poll ratings, it can be more accurately viewed as a personal therapy session.

Why would going on The View increase his popularity? Everyone watching the view already likes him. No: the purpose was to build up a deteriorating ego.

I expect it to continue to degrade: he will not run again for office (a la Jimmy Carter), and we will see fewer and fewer public appearances. Dems will begin to float 2012 contenders after November, when they are able to assess the damage.
um your grasp of history on this matter is WEAK

;)
Carter ran in 1980
he just got his ass whipped

um your grasp of history on this matter is WEAK

;)
Carter ran in 1980
he just got his ass whipped

You're correct: I meant He SHOULD not run again for office (a la Jimmy Carter).

Won't get any disagreements from me there. 2008 McCain wasn't even a shadow of his former self. I felt sorry for him actually.

However had McCain made the cut in 2000 I was seriously temped to vote for him.

Agreed. I sure didn't vote for Bush either time though, nor did I vote for Obama. i haven't' voted for a winning President since Clinton. Sadly, I'm proud of that.

unfortunately it seems that winning in politics means losing for regular folk.

The GOP needs to divorce itself from the notion that its consitutency worships Stupid and fears Smart. Palin ain't smart enough to be a baby sitter.

The GOP needs to divorce itself from the notion that we're going to let the liberals and the media define "stupid" and "smart" for us. All you're doing is parroting what you've been told to think. Part of our problem for a while now is that we've been trying to come up with leaders and nominees who can acquire the coveted - for no reason I can see - "smart" seal of approval from the left. Of course, the second any person, however ass-kissed by the left they were previously, becomes a GOP nominee, they immediately become the official village idiot, so it's a waste of time and energy.

However had McCain made the cut in 2000 I was seriously temped to vote for him.

Agreed. I sure didn't vote for Bush either time though, nor did I vote for Obama. i haven't' voted for a winning President since Clinton. Sadly, I'm proud of that.

Happily, regular folk know how to butcher their own pig......

well, at least they used to.:(

Interesting, but not really surprising, that the inability of regular folk to survive by themselves is directly proportional to the growth of centralized government's power

Except with most politicians, they see governing as their job and campaigning as a necessary evil. With Obama he seems to see governing as the necessary evil, and campaigning as his job. He loves the hand picked/administration approved applause. He loves to read the 'prompter. He loves giving softball/administration approved interviews.

What he doesn't like is actually trying to lead in any kind of cohesive, intelligent, good for American manner.

Or, perhaps he is simply incapable of doing so?

Happily, regular folk know how to butcher their own pig......

well, at least they used to.:(

Interesting, but not really surprising, that the inability of regular folk to survive by themselves is directly proportional to the growth of centralized government's power

true but if regular folk grew more independent the service industry would collapse.
Fast food industry, prepared foods , etc would also collapse.

Hmm if people were more independent our economy would be in total ruins.
Thus our economy is built on laziness and waste?

Well, I do get the gist of your post, George, and agree with much of it. Sarah has good intentions and is able to stimulate a large crowd. The more I am exposed to her, the more I feel she would be chewed up and spit out, in the position of POTUS. She hasn't the capacity or experience for the job, in my opinion.

What a pleasure to find a civil post amidst the childish blathering of so many others. I think Sarah has good intentions and she seems able to stimulate a large crowd - of her followers. Your assessment of her chances of making it in the Big Leagues is also correct. I don't mind a Republican president, if they can find someone competent. We haven't seen one in a long, long time.

Well, I do get the gist of your post, George, and agree with much of it. Sarah has good intentions and is able to stimulate a large crowd. The more I am exposed to her, the more I feel she would be chewed up and spit out, in the position of POTUS. She hasn't the capacity or experience for the job, in my opinion.

What a pleasure to find a civil post amidst the childish blathering of so many others. I think Sarah has good intentions and she seems able to stimulate a large crowd - of her followers. Your assessment of her chances of making it in the Big Leagues is also correct. I don't mind a Republican president, if they can find someone competent. We haven't seen one in a long, long time.

So you won't even address the fact that you called people crackers?

The GOP needs to divorce itself from the notion that its consitutency worships Stupid and fears Smart. Palin ain't smart enough to be a baby sitter.

The GOP needs to divorce itself from the notion that we're going to let the liberals and the media define "stupid" and "smart" for us. All you're doing is parroting what you've been told to think. Part of our problem for a while now is that we've been trying to come up with leaders and nominees who can acquire the coveted - for no reason I can see - "smart" seal of approval from the left. Of course, the second any person, however ass-kissed by the left they were previously, becomes a GOP nominee, they immediately become the official village idiot, so it's a waste of time and energy.

Time after time, I read posts on here by conservatives, talking about "elitist" college professors, arguing that home schooling is far superior to any other form of schooling and talking about how Sarah Palin is well qualified to be Presdident of the United States because she is "just like us." I have read dozens of arguments, always by conservatives, demeaning a politician or other, national political figure on the basis of their education. The more education they have, the louder the claims they are idiots.

That looks an awful lot like worshiping stupid and fearing smart to me.

And we have even less of a competent Democrat president now - much to the dismay of the majority of Americans.

I would take a Bill Clinton Republican Congress era over this current far left Big Government insanity in an instant.

Things are getting downright scary these days, and Obama appears incapable of sensing, it, and even less so in having the ability to do anything about it...

Time after time, I read posts on here by conservatives, talking about "elitist" college professors, arguing that home schooling is far superior to any other form of schooling and talking about how Sarah Palin is well qualified to be Presdident of the United States because she is "just like us." I have read dozens of arguments demeaning a politician or other, national political figure on the basis of their education. The more education they have, the louder the claims they are idiots.

Not quite.

I am - or was, among those "elitist" college professors.

There is not a dislike of education in America. Fact is, one of the largest segments Obama has lost is the college educated voting bloc.

Now, our public education system is in fact in a shambles, and it would appear the more the feds get involved, the worse it gets. The rich have long enjoyed the betterments of choice in education, while the middle class and poor usually are stuck with the monopoly public education status quo - ensuring a generational challenge for many regarding quality of education.

And while our colleges are in fact liberal slanted - I maintain they still represent the best educational system in the world. Why? CHOICE and COMPETITION.

Time after time, I read posts on here by conservatives, talking about "elitist" college professors, arguing that home schooling is far superior to any other form of schooling and talking about how Sarah Palin is well qualified to be Presdident of the United States because she is "just like us." I have read dozens of arguments, always by conservatives, demeaning a politician or other, national political figure on the basis of their education. The more education they have, the louder the claims they are idiots.

sounds like a lot of democrats for Obama
:eusa_whistle:

And we have even less of a competent Democrat president now - much to the dismay of the majority of Americans.

I would take a Bill Clinton Republican Congress era over this current far left Big Government insanity in an instant.

Things are getting downright scary these days, and Obama appears incapable of sensing, it, and even less so in having the ability to do anything about it...

I disagree. I think that's what a lot of Republicans are screaming - that things are "getting scary." But that is only because they don't agree with a Democratic agenda.

Time after time, I read posts on here by conservatives, talking about "elitist" college professors, arguing that home schooling is far superior to any other form of schooling and talking about how Sarah Palin is well qualified to be Presdident of the United States because she is "just like us." I have read dozens of arguments demeaning a politician or other, national political figure on the basis of their education. The more education they have, the louder the claims they are idiots.

Not quite.

I am - or was, among those "elitist" college professors.

There is not a dislike of education in America. Fact is, one of the largest segments Obama has lost is the college educated voting bloc.

Now, our public education system is in fact in a shambles, and it would appear the more the feds get involved, the worse it gets. The rich have long enjoyed the betterments of choice in education, while the middle class and poor usually are stuck with the monopoly public education status quo - ensuring a generational challenge for many regarding quality of education.

And while our colleges are in fact liberal slanted - I maintain they still represent the best educational system in the world. Why? CHOICE and COMPETITION.

Why do you think our higher educational institutions are "liberally slanted"?

George you make me sick. Both sides have nasty people on them. I would say essentially calling an entire party stupid and crackers is pretty nasty.

I disagree. I think that's what a lot of Republicans are screaming - that things are "getting scary." But that is only because they don't agree with a Democratic agenda.

Republicans really get nasty when they are out of office. They are nasty when they are in office, of course, but the level rises tenfold when they are out. Why are Republicans so nasty? Can you answer that for me?

A rather silly question that would be right at home in applying it to Democrats.

And the levels of dissatisfaction in America is not a "Republican" issue alone. Obama has lost the Independents as well, and a fair amount of Democrats to boot.

You appear unwilling to concede that the backlash against the Obama-Pelosi-Reid version of Democrats has proven highly unpopular across party lines.

A majority of people are unhappy with this president and this Congress - and try as those like you might, this unhappiness is not designated to any single political party affiliation...

Forum List

Back