Palinisms 101

Discussion in 'Politics' started by George Costanza, Aug 20, 2010.

1. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Have you ever felt inadequate when trying to describe Sarah Palin? I know I have. She is so obviously incompetent, but exactly how she is incompetent has been difficult for me to put into words. I don't know why - but it has.

This morning, I had the pleasure of reading an article by a guy who NAILS the essence of Sarah Palin. The article is titled: "Palinism 101" It is written by a guy named Jacob Weisberg and may be found in the August 16th edition of Newsweek.

The article opens with a definition of Palinisms:

Does this guy have her down, or what? Listen to this:

At one point, Mr. Weisberg likens Palin to "an unprepared high-school student trying to bluff her way through an oral exam by mugging and flirting."

I don't know about y'all, but that is certainly how I saw (see) her. Let's delve a little further into the article . . .

And finally . . .

There is more to this article. I urge you to read it in its entirety at:

Palin's Gibberish Is Funny but Could Be Dangerous - Newsweek

Now, before you cons waste a lot of space wondering why us Libs are so "obsessed" with Palin, let me cut you short. I admit to being not necessarily obsessed with her, but certainly interested in her - in much the same way I would be interested in a train wreck. I am also interested because enough of you Republicans keep beating the Palin drum to keep the hope alive in my heart that, somehow, she WILL find her way into the Repub nomination for POTUS in 2012. Oh God, how I pray this happens . . .

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    From Palin's famous interview with Katie Couric in 2008, when Katie asked her if there were any Supreme Court decisions she disagreed with other than Roe v. Wade:

It never stops. Palin on energy:

Oh, God . . . :rofl:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  3. Metternich

Metternich Federalist Farmer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Isn't Newsweek that publication that sold for a dollar? Hmm, I guess they're getting a bit desperate.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,145
    Because they're so completely open about being a far left rag, the only people left reading their drivel are the bat shit crazy, radical, obama worshiping, loony left... like georgie pie.

5. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897

Dems really want to throw the stupid tag around?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]YouTube - 3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv[/ame]

''What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith...''
    —Barack Obama, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying ''your Christian faith,'' which Obama quickly clarified

'It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing.''
    —Barack Obama, confusing German for ''Austrian,'' a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

''The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.''
    —Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

''The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.''
    —Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

''I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go.''
    —Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

'UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems.''
    —Barack Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

''One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard.''
    —Barack Obama, mispronouncing ''Corpsman'' (the ''ps'' is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

Need I go on?

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,145

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk]YouTube - The Obama Stutter[/ame]

7. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Looks like this thread was a

[​IMG]

8. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,066
    Yeah the Left isn't threatened by Palin at all. I don't know how these rumors get started. Libs exhibit a perfectly normal reaction to Sarah it's not like she gives Lib men penis envy or anything

9. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    That's what I don't get. they scream that they aren't worried about her but trash the piss out of the woman. I KNOW Biden is an idiot, and no threat, and so do most people, so there is no concerted effort to prove he's an idiot. No need..........

10. wihosa

wihosa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Yes, we want to throw the stupid tag around.

Sarah Palin is stupid. I hope all you Republicons vote for the quitting Governor of Alaska. Please oh please oh please!