Palinisms 101

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Have you ever felt inadequate when trying to describe Sarah Palin? I know I have. She is so obviously incompetent, but exactly how she is incompetent has been difficult for me to put into words. I don't know why - but it has.

This morning, I had the pleasure of reading an article by a guy who NAILS the essence of Sarah Palin. The article is titled: "Palinism 101" It is written by a guy named Jacob Weisberg and may be found in the August 16th edition of Newsweek.

The article opens with a definition of Palinisms:

Palinisms occur when Palin expresses one of these views in her idiosyncratically involuted syntax (“It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia”); when she expresses two or more of them in combination (“God’s will has to be done, in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that”); or when she says anything at all in her imitable my sentence went on the Tilt-A-Whirl and got nauseous way (“And I think more of a concern has been not within the campaign, the mistakes that were made, not being able to react to the circumstances that those mistakes created in a real positive and professional and helpful way for John McCain”).

Does this guy have her down, or what? Listen to this:

But the best Palinisms of all result when the huntress encounters something she wasn’t hunting for—that is, when Palin comes into contact with most anything to do with domestic, foreign, or economic policy. It is this situation that generates those priceless let me tap-dance and also sing for you a little song while you think of a different question moments.

At one point, Mr. Weisberg likens Palin to "an unprepared high-school student trying to bluff her way through an oral exam by mugging and flirting."

Her exuberant incoherence testifies to an unusually wide gulf between confidence and ability. She is proud of what she doesn’t know and contemptuous of those “experts” and “elitists” who are too knowledgeable to be trusted.

she rarely appears to have the slightest grasp of what she’s talking about.

I don't know about y'all, but that is certainly how I saw (see) her. Let's delve a little further into the article . . .

Bushisms, which I collected for many years, often hinged on a single grammatical or factual error. Palinisms, by contrast, consist of a unitary stream of patriotic, populist blather. It’s like Fox News without the punctuation.

And finally . . .

After McCain lost, and after Palin terminated her governorship in the effusion of furious gibberish known as her resignation speech, I have found it mostly funny. To be alarmed by Palin today presumes a Republican Party suicidal enough to want her to do more than run its weekend paintball games.

There is more to this article. I urge you to read it in its entirety at:

Palin's Gibberish Is Funny but Could Be Dangerous - Newsweek

Now, before you cons waste a lot of space wondering why us Libs are so "obsessed" with Palin, let me cut you short. I admit to being not necessarily obsessed with her, but certainly interested in her - in much the same way I would be interested in a train wreck. I am also interested because enough of you Republicans keep beating the Palin drum to keep the hope alive in my heart that, somehow, she WILL find her way into the Repub nomination for POTUS in 2012. Oh God, how I pray this happens . . .

Last edited:
From Palin's famous interview with Katie Couric in 2008, when Katie asked her if there were any Supreme Court decisions she disagreed with other than Roe v. Wade:

Palin: Well, let’s see. There’s—of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there’s never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others. But, um.

Couric: Can you think of any?

Palin: Well, I would think of any again that could best be dealt with on a more local level maybe I would take issue with.

It never stops. Palin on energy:

“Oil and coal? Of course, it’s a fungible commodity and they don’t flag, you know, the molecules, where it’s going and where it’s not…So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it’s Americans that get stuck to holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here.”

Oh, God . . . :rofl:

Last edited:
Isn't Newsweek that publication that sold for a dollar? Hmm, I guess they're getting a bit desperate.

Because they're so completely open about being a far left rag, the only people left reading their drivel are the bat shit crazy, radical, obama worshiping, loony left... like georgie pie.

Have you ever felt inadequate when trying to describe Sarah Palin? I know I have. She is so obviously incompetent, but exactly how she is incompetent has been difficult for me to put into words. I don't know why - but it has.

This morning, I had the pleasure of reading an article by a guy who NAILS the essence of Sarah Palin. The article is titled: "Palinism 101" It is written by a guy named Jacob Weisberg and may be found in the August 16th edition of Newsweek.

Palinisms occur when Palin expresses one of these views in her idiosyncratically involuted syntax (“It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia”); when she expresses two or more of them in combination (“God’s will has to be done, in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that”); or when she says anything at all in her imitable my sentence went on the Tilt-A-Whirl and got nauseous way (“And I think more of a concern has been not within the campaign, the mistakes that were made, not being able to react to the circumstances that those mistakes created in a real positive and professional and helpful way for John McCain”).

But the best Palinisms of all result when the huntress encounters something she wasn’t hunting for—that is, when Palin comes into contact with most anything to do with domestic, foreign, or economic policy. It is this situation that generates those priceless let me tap-dance and also sing for you a little song while you think of a different question moments.

At one point, Mr. Weisberg likens Palin to "an unprepared high-school student trying to bluff her way through an oral exam by mugging and flirting."

I don't know about y'all, but that is certainly how I saw (see) her. Let's delve a little further into the article . . .

Bushisms, which I collected for many years, often hinged on a single grammatical or factual error. Palinisms, by contrast, consist of a unitary stream of patriotic, populist blather. It’s like Fox News without the punctuation.

And finally . . .

After McCain lost, and after Palin terminated her governorship in the effusion of furious gibberish known as her resignation speech, I have found it mostly funny. To be alarmed by Palin today presumes a Republican Party suicidal enough to want her to do more than run its weekend paintball games.

Now, before you cons waste a lot of space wondering why us Libs are so "obsessed" with Palin, let me cut you short. I admit to being not necessarily obsessed with her, but certainly interested in her - in much the same way I would be interested in a train wreck. I am also interested because enough of you Republicans keep beating the Palin drum to keep the hope alive in my heart that, somehow, she WILL find her way into the Repub nomination for POTUS in 2012. Oh God, how I pray this happens . . .

Dems really want to throw the stupid tag around?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg]YouTube - 3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv[/ame]

''What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith...''
—Barack Obama, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying ''your Christian faith,'' which Obama quickly clarified

'It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing.''
—Barack Obama, confusing German for ''Austrian,'' a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

''The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.''
—Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

''The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.''
—Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

''I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go.''
—Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

'UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems.''
—Barack Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

''One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard.''
—Barack Obama, mispronouncing ''Corpsman'' (the ''ps'' is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

Need I go on?

Looks like this thread was a

images

Yeah the Left isn't threatened by Palin at all. I don't know how these rumors get started. Libs exhibit a perfectly normal reaction to Sarah it's not like she gives Lib men penis envy or anything

Yeah the Left isn't threatened by Palin at all. I don't know how these rumors get started. Libs exhibit a perfectly normal reaction to Sarah it's not like she gives Lib men penis envy or anything

That's what I don't get. they scream that they aren't worried about her but trash the piss out of the woman. I KNOW Biden is an idiot, and no threat, and so do most people, so there is no concerted effort to prove he's an idiot. No need..........

So far a lot of noise from the cons, but little else. Any of you guys want to step up and tell me why the quotes in this article do not make her look like she has a room temperature IQ? Seems pretty obvious to me they do.

So far a lot of noise from the cons, but little else. Any of you guys want to step up and tell me why the quotes in this article do not make her look like she has a room temperature IQ? Seems pretty obvious to me they do.

You want to explain why you feel the need to attack the woman's intelligence? George are you scared of a woman who has a room temperature intelligence, in your words?

Can you step up and tell me why the quotes shown from Obama don't make him look like a high school dropout?

Or maybe you could try something novel, the truth, and admit that anyone who is on camera as often as either of them are is definitely going to make statements that make them look stupid?

I of course expect you to stick to your partisan rant. Although I do confess to wondering if it's truly political on your part, or if it's because you're afraid a WOMAN is getting too much power.............

And finally . . .

i've never had any problem at all describing ms palin. three words seem to cover it.

she's an asshat.

if i needed to to, i guess i could expand it to five: sarah palin is an asshat.

Yes, we want to throw the stupid tag around.

Sarah Palin is stupid. I hope all you Republicons vote for the quitting Governor of Alaska. Please oh please oh please!

This is my fondest hope as well. I cannot believe that the RNC was stupid enough to put her on the slate as a Vice Presidential candidate in 2008 or will be stupid enough to run her for any kind of public office in 2012. Every time I see the crackers that support her bleating about her "down home style" on some television interview, I can only shake my head in wonder.

Yes, we want to throw the stupid tag around.

Sarah Palin is stupid. I hope all you Republicons vote for the quitting Governor of Alaska. Please oh please oh please!

This is my fondest hope as well. I cannot believe that the RNC was stupid enough to put her on the slate as a Vice Presidential candidate in 2008 or will be stupid enough to run her for any kind of public office in 2012. Every time I see the crackers that support her bleating about her "down home style" on some television interview, I can only shake my head in wonder.

Racist

i've never had any problem at all describing ms palin. three words seem to cover it.

she's an asshat.

Thank you very much. I believe the article linked in the OP refers to her, among other things, as a "bull ----" artist. Not sure that "artist" applies. Perhaps "bleater" might be more appropriate.

All of this is a given. What I can't understand is the morons who defend her, several of them appearing on this very thread . . .

she's an asshat.

Thank you very much. I believe the article linked in the OP refers to her, among other things, as a "bull ----" artist. Not sure that "artist" applies. Perhaps "bleater" might be more appropriate.

All of this is a given. What I can't understand is the morons who defend her, several of them appearing on this very thread . . .

yeah and obama is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart.

I find it odd that George just called people crackers and morons and no one calls him out. What a racist turd he is.

she's an asshat.

yeah and obama is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart.

only by comparison to palin. of course, my poodle is smart in comparison to palin. hell, even you might be.

Forum List

Back