Palin wants creationism taught in schools

Teaching non-science issues in a science class is not healthy debate, its teaching religion in science class.

This chick is a f***kin retard.

What do you need to be a commander and chief? To be a mayor and a governor of a backwater state for 2 years?

I am just dumbfounded by this choice.
something tells me this is not on the minds of americans as of the most important issue facing america

I see nothing wrong with BOTH being taught in school. If evolution is being taught in schools why can't creationism be taught in schools as well.

I think they should either teach both or don't teach any of them at all

There are thousands of different creation myths. Do you and Palin think they should all be taught in science class? How about teaching science in science class instead? :cuckoo:

There are thousands of different creation myths. Do you and Palin think they should all be taught in science class? How about teaching science in science class instead? :cuckoo:

Republicans don't like science because it involves facts, and facts interfere with their worldview.

there are also thousands of different evolution theories
but only a few are taught

What happened to our common ancestor ?

There is NO evidence of one. And using the DNA game we and Mice must have evolved from a single source also. But hey I am sure there is a mouse/ape like creature out there somewhere. We just haven't turned over enough rocks to find it.

As for how life started, read the scientific theory on it. The planet was a barren rock with water on it and from the action of water with rock somehow life was formed.

Notice how they miss the obvious? Again , there is no evidence a new species was created. Just evolution with IN the species.
yeah, i noticed that too
yet we are the ones that are nuts

oh well
professing themselves wise, they become fools

Notice how they miss the obvious? Again , there is no evidence a new species was created. Just evolution with IN the species.

Natural selection makes far more sense then evolution. The servival of the group that is stronger and breeds better that the rest. The creature that adapts the best wins out.

Evolution tells me that i should no longer have a tail bone. I do so do all the rest of us. It isn't evolving away. They say we came from monkeys or apes. Why are there still monkeys and apes? Why is out body closer to that of a pig?

Natural selection generated after an RNA World beginning and I am all good. To hell with evolution. Darwin said in his second book it was a good thing we could teach women to cook or they would be totally useless. How is that for evolution man.

I read a year or so ago that it's likely we all evolved from slime mold, and judging from many of my fellow Americans I'd say that is a pretty believable theory. And our common ancestor, the slime mold, still exists.

I read a year or so ago that it's likely we all evolved from slime mold, and judging from many of my fellow Americans I'd say that is a pretty believable theory. And our common ancestor, the slime mold, still exists.

And where did slime mold come from? Or did the big bang create it too?

You know, I believe that God Himself uses evolution as a way to advance the things that are currently living on the planet. Why? Simple.....the planet keeps changing, so, the things living on it need to be able to adapt so that they will survive.

Are we descended from apes? No, I don't really think so. Darwin did a lot of research, but the thing where he went wrong is that he was looking for something that appeared to be human, rather than looking for something that acted human. As far as what is mankind descended from? I'd be willing to say that we are closer to sea mammals (dolphins and the like) than we are to apes. And....before you "religious" types get upset over that statement, tell me one thing.....why did Jesus say that he would make his followers "fishers of men" as well as why is one of the primary symbols of Christianity a fish?

Nope.....evolution is real people.

However....if the creationists would spend as much time researching their theory as Darwin did with his, once they had a sound scientific basis for their findings, then yeah....let them teach their theories in school, but ONLY AFTER they have been able to back up their claims by sound science. And don't worry, it can be done, as there is a HUGE amount of science in the Torah.

Speaking on behalf of slime mold, indeed for the entire plant kingdom, in all its glorious forms, don't be pinning the blame for humankind on us.

Sure there's fungus among us, but that doesn't mean we had anything to do with the mistakes of the animal kingdom.

The aardvark!

What were you guys thinking, anyway?

No one knows. But if you've got some evidence that God created slime mold, please post it.

With out a theory on how life began how is it that science teaches how it began again? Ohh thats right they just make the shit up with no facts , evidence or research, no peer review and no scientific testing to speak of. Now remind me again how that is any different from what religion provides? And why one but not the other is IN science classes?

With out a theory on how life began how is it that science teaches how it began again? Ohh thats right they just make the shit up with no facts , evidence or research, no peer review and no scientific testing to speak of. Now remind me again how that is any different from what religion provides? And why one but not the other is IN science classes?
Science doesn't teach how it all began. Not sure where you are getting this idea. Science theorizes on possible happenings in the distant past but I've never seen any scientific claim as too how life began. That is a claim made by the religious---that they know how life began.

Pretty arrogant, IMO.

You're either very, very confused about the state of modern science, or you're trying to divert the thread.

This thread was about evolution. Evolution has nothing to say about the origin of life. Nada. You're way off the reservation.

Google is your friend. If you want any information on scientific theories about the origin of life, the field of study is abiogenesis. Contrary to your assertions, its a field of research that does indeed practice the standard scientific method of observation and experiment.

As for evolution, if you want to believe that Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs 6,000 years ago, lived in a garden with a talking snake, and the earth is therefore 6,000 years old, knock yourself out.

I, for one, don't find that a very compelling or empirical explanation for human evolution.

The theory of evolution is one of the most tested, and accepted scientific theories in modern science. Its on a par with the theory of gravity.

But, your welcome to think that women were made from the rib of Adam 6000 years ago.

Evolution is just one mans theoryfrom the 1800's . It has no scientific proof backing it up. Creationism
has been around for thousands of years.And creationism should be taught in schools right
along with evolutionism.If we evolved from apes why are apes still around?.

you are a perfect example of why ignorance is the product of outdated mythology.

Can any one of you bitter, liberal, geniuses explain to me how creation is accomplished? No? Didn't think so. It's beyond mans pathetic scope of comprehension. It's beyond mans power of science to explain it. Sounds like a much more complicated process than the dreamt up scheme by man called "evolution," yet all you full of hate for religion liberals accept that gallon of kool aide like it was fact.

You people are the biggest morons and hypocrites on earth when it comes to this topic.

indeed, it takes a fucking grand jebus hating conspiracy to consider the similarities of scales and feathers, the FACT of genetic mutation and animal husbandry, and those pesky fucking dino bones, eh?

like I said.. whip out your fucking evidence and let's see whose sole source isn't some crusty fucking book pieced together by dogma junkies.

Is not the duty of sceince to explain the unknown? Is not how creation was accomplished the unkown?

If you're going to teach ANYTHING about how we got here, why silence one unproven idea when you're babbling all over about another that's just as unproven?

Seems very hypocritical to me.

no, actually. SCIENCE is meant to help us understand the PHYSICAL world around us. How PHYSICAL is the bullshit ghost in the sky and the last death throws of our version of zues tales?

Again, whip out your evidence...

Forum List

Back