Palin wants creationism taught in schools

If I thought you were anything but a Republican troll, one who is pretending to be something you are not, I might take that claim more seriously.

But having read some of your posts, posts I think were clearly designed to make people fearful of Islam, you've got a great long way to gain any credibility with me, chum.

If I am wrong, if it turns out that you are exactly what you say your are, then please accept by apologies in advance.

But right now, based on some of the vile things you've written, I think you're a trolling agent provocateur.
I can't stand Bush and his gang of criminals. McSame would be just that; a Bush clone.

I am "against", abortion, gay marriage, drugs, Iraq War

I am, "pro" gun, death penalty, legal immigration

What category does that put me in?

Last edited:
What do you offer that the big bang is anything other than fantasy?

Detailed measurements of red shift in the energy spectrum and measurements of cosmic microwaves.

Or that man evolved from Apes?

Your ignorance is showing. Men didn't evolve from apes. No biologist or scientist has ever said that. I guess you've never taken a credible science class. Men and apes are distant cousins that evolved from common primate ancestors.

The evidence is the fossil record, genetic studies, and mitochondrial DNA.

Or that life sprang from rocks?

This is embarrassing. Evolution does not explain the origin of life. The origin of life is a completely different scientific topic.

Detailed measurements of red shift in the energy spectrum and measurements of cosmic microwaves.

Your ignorance is showing. Men didn't evolve from apes. No biologist or scientist has ever said that. I guess you've never taken a credible science class. Men and apes are distant cousins that evolved from common primate ancestors.

The evidence is the fossil record, genetic studies, and mitochondrial DNA.

This is embarrassing. Evolution does not explain the origin of life. The origin of life is a completely different scientific topic.

There is ZERO evidence that man and ape are from an "ape like" ancestor. Using the same science one can claim man and mouse sprang from the same ancestor also.

Science has NO evidence of one species evolving into an entirely different one. There is NO fossil record to provide one shred of evidence that apes and man have a common ancestor, just as there is none to prove man and mouse do either.

We only see a VERY small piece of the Universe. Anything we observe provides no real information on what may or may not have "started" the Universe. In fact in our own galaxy we are in a back water arm of it.

One can not claim evolution with out also providing evidence of what creates life. They are tied together.

The ONLY evidence that science has is that with in non plant life evolution does occur within a species. NONE though that provides any proof that a species can evolve into two or more different species.

There is ZERO evidence that man and ape are from an "ape like" ancestor. Using the same science one can claim man and mouse sprang from the same ancestor also.

Science has NO evidence of one species evolving into an entirely different one. There is NO fossil record to provide one shred of evidence that apes and man have a common ancestor, just as there is none to prove man and mouse do either.

We only see a VERY small piece of the Universe. Anything we observe provides no real information on what may or may not have "started" the Universe. In fact in our own galaxy we are in a back water arm of it.

One can not claim evolution with out also providing evidence of what creates life. They are tied together.

The ONLY evidence that science has is that with in non plant life evolution does occur within a species. NONE though that provides any proof that a species can evolve into two or more different species.

I love it when the republican base shows their true ignorance, and aversion to academic knowlege.

It's not my job to teach you remedial science. You obviously have had no exposure to any college level science education, and whatever remedial science you had in high school was woefully lacking. I suspect you're knowlege of science, evolution and the origins of the universe have been gleaned from rightwing religious-motivated websites.

Carry on, if you want to deny some of the basic tenets of modern science. It makes you look like an ignoramus. You came here demanding evidence of the big bang, and evolution. I can't help teach you - that was the job of your high school and your college.

Aside from the fossil record that I mentioned a couple pages ago, the theory of evolution does indeed predict that isolation will promote speciation, and this has been reported in several cases like here:

Rapid Evolution of Reproductive Isolation in the Wild: Evidence from Introduced Salmon -- Hendry et al. 290 (5491): 516 -- Science

Rapid Evolution of Reproductive Isolation in the Wild: Evidence from Introduced Salmon
Andrew P. Hendry,1* John K. Wenburg,2 Paul Bentzen,23 Eric C. Volk,4 Thomas P. Quinn3

Colonization of new environments should promote rapid speciation as a by-product of adaptation to divergent selective regimes. Although this process of ecological speciation is known to have occurred over millennia or centuries, nothing is known about how quickly reproductive isolation actually evolves when new environments are first colonized. Using DNA microsatellites, population-specific natural tags, and phenotypic variation, we tested for reproductive isolation between two adjacent salmon populations of a common ancestry that colonized divergent reproductive environments (a river and a lake beach). We found evidence for the evolution of reproductive isolation after fewer than 13 generations.

although it probably isn't mentioned in places like Answers in Genesis.

Who needs science? Let's just make all public school parochial.

Aside from the fossil record that I mentioned a couple pages ago, the theory of evolution does indeed predict that isolation will promote speciation, and this has been reported in several cases like here:

Rapid Evolution of Reproductive Isolation in the Wild: Evidence from Introduced Salmon -- Hendry et al. 290 (5491): 516 -- Science

although it probably isn't mentioned in places like Answers in Genesis.
so, one of the two groups of salmon werent salmon anymore?

Hey Rock, who said life can come from something inanimate? You're getting confused between science and creation myths. Science has never claimed that life comes from rocks, only religionists do that.

There are so many things wrong with the arguments on this thread I don't know where to start.

Anyone who says there is no evidence for evolution needs to get his head out of a 2000 year old mythology text (I'm talking about the Bible).

Bacteria are observed evolving all the time. That's why antibiotics become less effective over time. Evolution IS testable and observable.

Also, if God designed all the creatures as they are, please explain vestigial organs and limbs. Whales have leg bones. Do you know why? Because they evolved from land animals.

To those who say evolution doesn't answer all the questions... ID and creationism doesn't answer ANY of them. Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is.

Face it, you don't want evolution to be true because you are scared of the alternative. God and creationism and the bible are security blankets. It makes you feel safe. That's great. But that doesn't make it true.

If you are going to argue against evolution (and rational thought, for that matter), please inform yourself about the theory. I suppose you are afraid you might see that it makes sense.

For the uninformed... Evolution DOES not state that man evolved from apes. It states that man and apes share a common ancestor. This is all scientifically testable, by the way, by studying the DNA variations and the chemical similarities, amongst other things.

Why did God plant all those dinosaur bones and then allow carbon dating to make his book seem like it's full of s***?? To trick me into not believing in the way he created the universe in 6 days? For what purpose?

If you want to argue against science, come up with a viable alternative. I'm supposed to believe that an invisible man in the sky created all of this because we're missing some skulls in the fossil record?

There are so many things wrong with the arguments on this thread I don't know where to start.

Anyone who says there is no evidence for evolution needs to get his head out of a 2000 year old mythology text (I'm talking about the Bible).

Bacteria are observed evolving all the time. That's why antibiotics become less effective over time. Evolution IS testable and observable.

Also, if God designed all the creatures as they are, please explain vestigial organs and limbs. Whales have leg bones. Do you know why? Because they evolved from land animals.

To those who say evolution doesn't answer all the questions... ID and creationism doesn't answer ANY of them. Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is.

Face it, you don't want evolution to be true because you are scared of the alternative. God and creationism and the bible are security blankets. It makes you feel safe. That's great. But that doesn't make it true.

If you are going to argue against evolution (and rational thought, for that matter), please inform yourself about the theory. I suppose you are afraid you might see that it makes sense.

For the uninformed... Evolution DOES not state that man evolved from apes. It states that man and apes share a common ancestor. This is all scientifically testable, by the way, by studying the DNA variations and the chemical similarities, amongst other things.

Why did God plant all those dinosaur bones and then allow carbon dating to make his book seem like it's full of s***?? To trick me into not believing in the way he created the universe in 6 days? For what purpose?

If you want to argue against science, come up with a viable alternative. I'm supposed to believe that an invisible man in the sky created all of this because we're missing some skulls in the fossil record?

What happened to our common ancestor ?

Forum List

Back