Palin wants creationism taught in schools

puleeze.... I don't fear your beliefs. I have a very REAL concern that you try to foist those beliefs on others.
so, you havent been here complaining about someone forcing christianity on you and all i have seen has been a few expressing their own faith, and not one of them forcing you to do anything
you came in demanding not to hear it

so, you havent been here complaining about someone forcing christianity on you and all i have seen has been a few expressing their own faith, and not one of them forcing you to do anything
you came in demanding not to hear it

actually, this thread is about teaching creationism in schools.

and yes, damn right I don't want my son confused about what is science and what is religion. Nor do I want him taught christian dogma.

I suspect you wouldn't want your child taught islam as science, would you? And you'd be correct not to want that.

No difference.

actually, this thread is about teaching creationism in schools.

and yes, damn right I don't want my son confused about what is science and what is religion. Nor do I want him taught christian dogma.

I suspect you wouldn't want your child taught islam as science, would you? And you'd be correct not to want that.

No difference.
well, the point is Palin didnt say she wanted creationism taught in schools
so i guess that should have killed this thread way back when that was pointed out

well, the point is Palin didnt say she wanted creationism taught in schools
so i guess that should have killed this thread way back when that was pointed out

I think we are all just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't want to have any hard feelings toward anybody, no matter how they believe.

What God do you think they were referring to when they said, "In God we trust"?

That motto started appearing on money in the late 1800s and became the national motto in the 1950s.

In the Founders' time, the motto was "from many, one."

180px-US-GreatSeal-Obverse.svg.png
eagle_detail_e_plurubus_unum.gif

...as for the actual topic,

Asked by the Anchorage Daily News whether she believed in evolution, Palin declined to answer, but said that "I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class."

That response sounds pretty reasonable. It should be up to the teacher whether to discuss controversy when it comes up. I don't think creationism should be part of the science curriculum, but time and orderliness permitting teachers should be free to discuss other issues relating to what they're teaching.

That motto started appearing on money in the late 1800s and became the national motto in the 1950s.

In the Founders' time, the motto was "from many, one."

180px-US-GreatSeal-Obverse.svg.png
eagle_detail_e_plurubus_unum.gif

...as for the actual topic,

That response sounds pretty reasonable. It should be up to the teacher whether to discuss controversy when it comes up. I don't think creationism should be part of the science curriculum, but time and orderliness permitting teachers should be free to discuss other issues relating to what they're teaching.

What is the meaning of that motto......from many, one?

I'm serious, I'm not being sarcastic. I felt the need to make that clear.

I'm pretty sure it was about how the U.S. is many different states together in one nation. From many states, one nation.

It evokes, at least in me, broader ideas of unity from diveristy: many races, one people; many religions, one community; and so on... but at the time I bet it was mainly about the several quasi-sovereign states (for a while they each had their own currency and armed forces) giving rise to a single nation.

I'm pretty sure it was about how the U.S. is many different states together in one nation. From many states, one nation.

It evokes, at least in me, broader ideas of unity from diveristy: many races, one people; many religions, one community; and so on... but at the time I bet it was mainly about the several quasi-sovereign states (for a while they each had their own currency and armed forces) giving rise to a single nation.

OH, OK thanks Abelian, I appreciate that!

I will leave you with this. I love you with the christian love that I have in my heart that only God can put here.

thats just not all that impressive in the SCIENCE class. christian talking points are about as viable as evidence as your razor is to logic.

It always baffles me how everybody is trying to take God out of everything becayse they say it is being pushed on them. Does anybody ever consider that I am offended that it is beinf pushed away from me. Does not anybody see how this country is dying with our push on getting God out. Does anybody remember how it used to be back in the 1940's 1950's when people did not have to worry every second if it was OK to walk outside or go to the mall without fear of something bad happening to them. Can you not see it?????

Don't you see what has happened to this country when you take God out!!!!!
Crime goes up, rape goes up, theft goes up!!!!

This country was founded on Christian faith, why are people trying to change that?

riiiiiight.. because there was no CRIME and RAPE and THEFT in 1940. THIS is why you people fail when evidence becomes more important than bullshit dogma. It's not your RIGHT to be offended when the CRITERIA of science is PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. If you can whip out some PHYSICAL EVIDENCE then be my guest. If not, enjoy your place in philosophy classes and sunday school.

As for your belief that this country was not founded on christian faith...that is strictly your opnion. What God do you think they were referring to when they said, "In God we trust"? It was the one and only Holy God, the same one that came to this earth in the form of a baby, the same one that lives in me as the Holy Spirit.

You wanna have the DEIST argument? Thomas Jefferson was no more a "jesus is the son of god" believer than you are a satanist. I'd love to pummel you about the head and neck with evidence on THAT one.

It symbolizes that out of many people we have one nation. Notice that "in god we trust" wasn't even on the table until the 1950s.

If, in the course of teaching "science" the theory that man evolved from more primitive beings is being taught, and if, in the course of teaching "science" the class discusses possible theories for the creation of the universe, and the earth, then the theory of the earth being created by God, and people coming about in the way which the Bible depicts, must be included. Otherwise, you are denying children the opportunity to hear all the 'theories' and the school is provided them with only a biased view.

If they're not going to discuss the creation of the universe, and the various theories for the existence of man, then of course, Creationism would also have no place.

So it's either both, or none. But to claim that children should only be taught one THEORY is irresponsible, biased, and unacceptable.

You wanna have the DEIST argument? Thomas Jefferson was no more a "jesus is the son of god" believer than you are a satanist. I'd love to pummel you about the head and neck with evidence on THAT one.

I love how you pick and choose the one person you can think of that falls in that category. You really do amuse me. I always like it when there are people out there that make me more and more glad everyday that I am a Christian Republican. So let me say to you again.....Thank You!

I love how you pick and choose the one person you can think of that falls in that category. You really do amuse me. I always like it when there are people out there that make me more and more glad everyday that I am a Christian Republican. So let me say to you again.....Thank You!

oh yea.. the ONE PERSON who just HAPPENED to write the fucking founding documents sure is the guy we SHOULDNT look at!

:lol:

thank whomever you need to. The fact remains your dogma junkie ass is still purged from the science classroom.

If, in the course of teaching "science" the theory that man evolved from more primitive beings is being taught, and if, in the course of teaching "science" the class discusses possible theories for the creation of the universe, and the earth, then the theory of the earth being created by God, and people coming about in the way which the Bible depicts, must be included. Otherwise, you are denying children the opportunity to hear all the 'theories' and the school is provided them with only a biased view.

If they're not going to discuss the creation of the universe, and the various theories for the existence of man, then of course, Creationism would also have no place.

So it's either both, or none. But to claim that children should only be taught one THEORY is irresponsible, biased, and unacceptable.

You are once again simply wrong. WE HAVE A FOSSIL RECORD. THAT IS PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. Now, if you have anything similar to offer then whip it out. You clearly have no idea how deductive logic works. This isn't a matter of which theory is more popular. It's a matter of your FAILURE to provide evidence on par with that of evolution. Take you kids out of public school if you don't like the STANDARD OF SCIENCE. Teach them whatever hokey myth you want to. Hell, tell them gravity is not real for all I care. In the SCIENCE class we'll go ahead and rely on the SCIENTIFIC METHOD, and the requirement of physical evidence, rather than your laughable crybaby antics.

oh yea.. the ONE PERSON who just HAPPENED to write the fucking founding documents sure is the guy we SHOULDNT look at!

:lol:

thank whomever you need to. The fact remains your dogma junkie ass is still purged from the science classroom.

Is it possible for you to talk without cursing. You know that cursing just shows your lack of inteligent vocabulary.

You are once again simply wrong. WE HAVE A FOSSIL RECORD. THAT IS PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. Now, if you have anything similar to offer then whip it out. You clearly have no idea how deductive logic works. This isn't a matter of which theory is more popular. It's a matter of your FAILURE to provide evidence on par with that of evolution. Take you kids out of public school if you don't like the STANDARD OF SCIENCE. Teach them whatever hokey myth you want to. Hell, tell them gravity is not real for all I care. In the SCIENCE class we'll go ahead and rely on the SCIENTIFIC METHOD, and the requirement of physical evidence, rather than your laughable crybaby antics.

I love how you throw out the "science" that has proven that the stuff you call crybaby antics is real. You do realize they have found noah's ark, right? You do realize also that there are plenty of facts that have been proven people just fail to accept them, you are a perfect example.

Last edited:
Asked by the Anchorage Daily News whether she believed in evolution, Palin declined to answer, but said that "I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class."

McCain's VP Wants Creationism Taught in School | Wired Science from Wired.com

Quit with the smears already. DEBATE is debate -and even debate is taught in schools. Teaches kids how to use reason, logic and facts to defend their position -not opinions. "If it comes up" clearly means if a student brings it up -not the teacher. All teachers should have respect for the religious beliefs of their students without demeaning or belittling them. But saying she wanted it officially taught as a SCIENCE class is bs. She has NEVER said any such thing. At ANY time.

I've studied advanced sciences. How about you? Get any further than a high school biology class? Maybe you didn't know this -because most public school graduates never learn it unless they do go on to the advanced sciences after that - but a lot of scientists actually think Darwin's theory only got some minor stuff right but was dead wrong about his really BIG theory, especially that part about how one species will turn into a new species over time. And they actually believe this ENTIRELY for scientific reasons -not religious ones. They just believe we haven't gotten it right yet and need more research with no need to lie to kids that this field of research is a "closed" subject and a "proven fact".

So should kids be taught that among the scientists with the most knowledge on some aspect of this particular subject -there is strong disagreement about how much, if any, of Darwin's theory is correct and that many other theories are being actively researched right now because Darwin's theory falls far short and its major claim of one species turning into another one over time is easily disproven by the fossil record? The ONE place that even Darwin said would either prove he was correct or incorrect? Or that other aspects of his theory have also been shown to be the least likely explanation for particular phenomena in our natural world? Or should kids be indoctrinated to believe that evolution as Darwin laid it out exactly is "proven fact". That of all scientists in HISTORY, only Darwin got it 100% correct THE very first time out of the gate -and then only those who go on to the advanced sciences find out this is actually a lie?

All so those with no more education in science than a public high school level can pretend how much science they "know" and lecture others about how Darwin's theory is a "proven fact" and how anyone who disagrees is an idiot or a religious whacko? LOL

And the 319 preceding posts, dear friends, shows why, over centuries, more blood has been shed in the name of a benevolent and loving god than for any other reason.

Religion... gotta love it! :lol:

Forum List

Back