Palin wants creationism taught in schools

Physical evidence? Is it just evidence you need to substantiate your beliefs?

THAT is the criteria that SCIENCE requires. It doesn't shock me at all that you don't know this.

Uh.. yeah.. cause somehow it's more dumb to think we were Intelligently designed rather than believe the misconception we came from nothing?

WoW.....

I guess that depends on WHO HAS THE EVIDENCE. You know, as required by the scientific method.

WOW, indeed.

:cuckoo:

THAT, and a dollar, will get you something off of the value menu at mcdonalds!

I look at it this way......

If you are right, then me and you BOTH are OK, we will just die and that will be the end...but if I am right, then you, unfortuantely , will be in HELL, burning for eternity. That will be all the evidence you will ever need.

If you are right, then me and you BOTH are OK, we will just die and that will be the end...but if I am right, then you, unfortuantely , will be in HELL, burning for eternity. That will be all the evidence you will ever need.

Ummmm.....GCF, if you would read the Gospel of Thomas, it would tell you that we are all eventually going to get out of hell. That burning in a lake of fire forever is a Christian invention. Matter of fact, you may wish to check the Jews on that, as they were the ones that taught it to the Christians.

As far as science and theology? I think Albert Einstein said it best....."Science without theology is blind, and theology without science is crippled". Basically that means we should use the science and knowledge we have so that we can figure out what really went on in the Bible. Incidentally, if any of you have done any Torah (first 5 books of the OT) studies, you would see that there is a HUGE amount of science in it. Matter of fact, there are texts written by rabbis many years ago who wrote about things that are just now being proven as scientific fact.

If the creationists and intelligent design people want to have their theories presented in school, fine, just do what Darwin and everyone else has done, of whom their theories are taught in school......back it up with verifiable and repeatable scientific evidence, get it vetted by the scientific community (most of whom believe in God incidentally), and THEN teach it in schools.

Until then.....keep it in church and home, and out of the schools, because if you let every crackpot throw stuff in because God "spoke to them", then eventually you will have a school system that would make Bush Jr. look like Da Vinci.

ahh the same old tired logical fallacy. I never get tired of that. I tell you what.. when I stop laughing at you feel free to offer something a bit more tangible than rhetorical bullshit.

:lol:

:eusa_pray:

Ummmm.....GCF, if you would read the Gospel of Thomas, it would tell you that we are all eventually going to get out of hell. That burning in a lake of fire forever is a Christian invention. Matter of fact, you may wish to check the Jews on that, as they were the ones that taught it to the Christians.

As far as science and theology? I think Albert Einstein said it best....."Science without theology is blind, and theology without science is crippled". Basically that means we should use the science and knowledge we have so that we can figure out what really went on in the Bible. Incidentally, if any of you have done any Torah (first 5 books of the OT) studies, you would see that there is a HUGE amount of science in it. Matter of fact, there are texts written by rabbis many years ago who wrote about things that are just now being proven as scientific fact.

If the creationists and intelligent design people want to have their theories presented in school, fine, just do what Darwin and everyone else has done, of whom their theories are taught in school......back it up with verifiable and repeatable scientific evidence, get it vetted by the scientific community (most of whom believe in God incidentally), and THEN teach it in schools.

Until then.....keep it in church and home, and out of the schools, because if you let every crackpot throw stuff in because God "spoke to them", then eventually you will have a school system that would make Bush Jr. look like Da Vinci.

No matter how you want to look at it, I know that my Holy Bible says that if you do not accept Jesus as your personal savior and believe that he died on the cross for your sins, you will be seperated from God for the rest of your life. I don't understand why everybody trys to make it so complicated.

I will say it again, if you are right then we (you and me both) are all OK, but if I'm right then.....well

You can argue with me about lakes of fire and burning and you say all that is not right or correct with history, but being seperated from God would be worse than any firey lake and that is all that matters.

I don't want this to be an argument, I just want people to know that God is alive and well today and wants to know you and have a relationship with you, and that is why he made us.

No matter how you want to look at it, I know that my Holy Bible says that if you do not accept Jesus as your personal savior and believe that he died on the cross for your sins, you will be seperated from God for the rest of your life. I don't understand why everybody trys to make it so complicated.

I will say it again, if you are right then we (you and me both) are all OK, but if I'm right then.....well

You can argue with me about lakes of fire and burning and you say all that is not right or correct with history, but being seperated from God would be worse than any firey lake and that is all that matters.

I don't want this to be an argument, I just want people to know that God is alive and well today and wants to know you and have a relationship with you, and that is why he made us.

He didn't disparage your faith. He said it doesn't belong in schools or government.

And if you BELIEVE that, it's fine... but my belief in G-d sure isn't the same as yours and I'd hate for you to be able to force it on me. That's fair, right?

ahh the same old tired logical fallacy. I never get tired of that. I tell you what.. when I stop laughing at you feel free to offer something a bit more tangible than rhetorical bullshit.

:lol:

:eusa_pray:

I will leave you with this. I love you with the christian love that I have in my heart that only God can put here.

He didn't disparage your faith. He said it doesn't belong in schools or government.

And if you BELIEVE that, it's fine... but my belief in G-d sure isn't the same as yours and I'd hate for you to be able to force it on me. That's fair, right?

It always baffles me how everybody is trying to take God out of everything becayse they say it is being pushed on them. Does anybody ever consider that I am offended that it is beinf pushed away from me. Does not anybody see how this country is dying with our push on getting God out. Does anybody remember how it used to be back in the 1940's 1950's when people did not have to worry every second if it was OK to walk outside or go to the mall without fear of something bad happening to them. Can you not see it?????

Don't you see what has happened to this country when you take God out!!!!!
Crime goes up, rape goes up, theft goes up!!!!

This country was founded on Christian faith, why are people trying to change that?

It always baffles me how everybody is trying to take God out of everything becayse they say it is being pushed on them. Does anybody ever consider that I am offended that it is beinf pushed away from me. Does not anybody see how this country is dying with our push on getting God out. Does anybody remember how it used to be back in the 1940's 1950's when people did not have to worry every second if it was OK to walk outside or go to the mall without fear of something bad happening to them. Can you not see it?????

Don't you see what has happened to this country when you take God out!!!!!
Crime goes up, rape goes up, theft goes up!!!!

This country was founded on Christian faith, why are people trying to change that?

No.. this country WASN'T founded on the Christian faith. The founding fathers did everything possible to make sure that your faith couldn't affect anyone else.

And, frankly, so long as no one's keeping you from practicing your religion in your home, church and among your private community of people, you have no cause for complaint.

Just keep your beliefs away from me, because, frankly, those beliefs aren't mine. I personally wouldn't subscribe to any religion that thinks G-d is so petty as to exclude his children from paradise if they're good people.

No.. this country WASN'T founded on the Christian faith. The founding fathers did everything possible to make sure that your faith couldn't affect anyone else.

And, frankly, so long as no one's keeping you from practicing your religion in your home, church and among your private community of people, you have no cause for complaint.

Just keep your beliefs away from me, because, frankly, those beliefs aren't mine. I personally wouldn't subscribe to any religion that thinks G-d is so petty as to exclude his children from paradise if they're good people.

Jillian, I'm sorry that my faith offends you. The very first statement that I made was that I hope that you all are right, for your benefit, because if you are than both of us are OK. Have great day!

uh, when was the last time you were strung up on a rack and forced to convert against your will?
oh, never, then stop the bullshit about it being "forced on you"

Jillian, I'm sorry that my faith offends you. The very first statement that I made was that I hope that you all are right, for your benefit, because if you are than both of us are OK. Have great day!
isnt it amazing how some people fear the very mention of christian faith?
;)

As for your belief that this country was not founded on christian faith...that is strictly your opnion. What God do you think they were referring to when they said, "In God we trust"? It was the one and only Holy God, the same one that came to this earth in the form of a baby, the same one that lives in me as the Holy Spirit.

As for your belief that this country was not founded on christian faith...that is strictly your opnion. What God do you think they were referring to when they said, "In God we trust"? It was the one and only Holy God, the same one that came to this earth in the form of a baby, the same one that lives in me as the Holy Spirit.

No, it's not my "opinion". The founding fathers were deists. In fact, Jefferson was so unimpressed with the mystical aspects of christianity that he made his own bible that had only the teaching of Jesus Christ and not the miracles.

What amazes me is that I'm being far more respectful of *your* beliefs than you are of mine, yet you insist that it is I who has a problem with your beliefs. Believe it or not, many of us don't believe G-d came down to earth as a baby. My bible is a bit different from yours. I certainly would never tell you that it's MY beliefs that should be taught in schools. I expect the same in return as the constitution guarantees.

And, I'm afraid that means that in a science classroom, creationism doesn't get taught because it isn't science, it's theology. You want it taught in a COMPARATIVE religion class, I'm all with you on that one. If you want your children to confuse science and religion, then by all means send them to a parochial school that mirrors your beliefs.

Forum List

Back