Palin Flunks Foreign Policy in her Interview

Holy crap. She thinks we could go to war with Russian over Georgia, she seems to welcome a war between Iran/Israel/and the U.S., and she evidently has no fucking clue what the "Bush Doctrine" is.....

YouTube - Sarah Palin Fails The Bush Doctrine Test

Haven't read the rest of the thread...probably a waste of time...

The simple fact is...there is no such thing as a "Bush Doctrine".....thus Palins answer or lack of what you lefties think is the correct answer....

The "Bush doctrine" is a figment of left wing MSM propaganda....Yet, according to the Washington Post there are several Bush doctrines....

Its crap.....

http://tinyurl.com/3o6k2a
Gibson : "The Bush doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any other country that we think is going to attack us.

But Gibson was making a common error, and what Palin said in her response did not actually address what was so radical about Bush's contribution to American foreign policy. Preemption has in fact been a staple of our foreign policy for ages -- and other countries' as well.

If thats so, then its not the "Bush Doctrine" at all...the MSM just re-defines what it means at will...

The twist Bush put on it was embracing "preventive" war: Taking action well before an attack was imminent -- invading a country that was simply perceived as threatening.

And they continue....

And to be completely accurate, there have been several Bush Doctrines over the years. Another dramatic announcement, you may recall, was his declaration on Sept. 20, 2001: "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." (Or, as he put it on Feb. 11, 2002: "You're either with us or against us; you're either evil or you're good."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YEA! the fucking bush doctrine is JUST A FIGMENT OF OUT IMAGINATIONS!

just like PHANTOM WMDS!

:lol:

thats too fucking funny.

No one on the right has wet their pants or even complained about any challenge of Palin. Americans are pissed that you idiots are knowingly advancing damnable lies about her...

Now if you've a valid challenge of Palin, BRING IT POGUE... Of course, to the best of my knowledge I've not seen so much as a well reasoned argument coming out of you, let alone an intellectually sound, logically valid argument; so you won't mind if I don't hold my breath...

The fact is Palin's resume outclasses Hussein's by no small margin... She's a Chief Executive with a reform agenda, whose done a fair bit of community organizing... of course unlike Hussein, Palin's community organizing actually has some organization to show for it...

But it is hysterical to watch you people flail at straw-men and red herrings while you watch the Good ship 'CHANGE' sink right before your very eyes.
One piss poor interiew and you cats are comming apart at the seams.. my bet is that she goes underground for about 50 or so days... Good thing she didnt really fire that chef of hers.. someones gonna need to cook for her in her confinement...

Last edited:
I think after this flubbed interview, the GOP isn't going to let her go on Meet the Press or Face the Nation. Not anytime soon, and probably not at all before November 7.

They're probably going to only let her do low-profile interviews, fluff pieces, and infotainment talk shows.

Yep ... there is NO WAY they are going to let her near a show like that before the election.

Haven't read the rest of the thread...probably a waste of time...

The simple fact is...there is no such thing as a "Bush Doctrine".....thus Palins answer or lack of what you lefties think is the correct answer....

The "Bush doctrine" is a figment of left wing MSM propaganda....Yet, according to the Washington Post there are several Bush doctrines....

Its crap.....

http://tinyurl.com/3o6k2a
Gibson : "The Bush doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any other country that we think is going to attack us.

But Gibson was making a common error, and what Palin said in her response did not actually address what was so radical about Bush's contribution to American foreign policy. Preemption has in fact been a staple of our foreign policy for ages -- and other countries' as well.

If thats so, then its not the "Bush Doctrine" at all...the MSM just re-defines what it means at will...

The twist Bush put on it was embracing "preventive" war: Taking action well before an attack was imminent -- invading a country that was simply perceived as threatening.

And they continue....

And to be completely accurate, there have been several Bush Doctrines over the years. Another dramatic announcement, you may recall, was his declaration on Sept. 20, 2001: "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." (Or, as he put it on Feb. 11, 2002: "You're either with us or against us; you're either evil or you're good."
Then why did Gibson ask the question and if there isn't one Palin didn't know either way!

Yep ... there is NO WAY they are going to let her near a show like that before the election.

Hey, if the American people don't feel like we are even getting a chance to vet her, then no way are people going to feel comfortable voting for her.

This is great. Stay in hiding lady!!!:clap2::eusa_pray:

Thats why Mac's on Racheal Ray.. they are trying a new concept for debate/ Iron chef when she goes up against Biden... They want her to be as comfortable as possible so the kitchen would make a splendid setting to foot this bill...

Then why did Gibson ask the question and if there isn't one Palin didn't know either way!

Main stream media changes what they want the "bush doctrine" to mean at will....read the Washington Post...they claim there are SEVERAL Bush doctrines....

So what do YOU mean...which one should Palin have tailored her answer to..........its a joke...
Just because the media makes a claim doesn't make it so.....

Main stream media changes what they want the "bush doctrine" to mean at will....read the Washington Post...they claim there are SEVERAL Bush doctrines....

So what do YOU mean...which one should Palin have tailored her answer to..........its a joke...
Just because the media makes a claim doesn't make it so.....

gosh and Palin really looked like she knew that...

huh beta dog?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::lol:

The link to the Wash. Post isn't working but here is the excerpt...

Then the Wash. Post explains.....

----------------------------
Preemption has in fact been a staple of our foreign policy for ages -- and other countries' as well.

If the WP is correct, then McCain is mistaken....and that is my opinion also...

If any President, in good conscience perceives a threat to this country, it is his first and formost DUTY to protect this Nation and its citizens....to be proactive rather than reactive.....

The link to the Wash. Post isn't working but here is the excerpt...

Then the Wash. Post explains.....

----------------------------
Preemption has in fact been a staple of our foreign policy for ages -- and other countries' as well.

If the WP is correct, then McCain is mistaken....and that is my opinion also...

If any President, in good conscience perceives a threat to this country, it is his first and formost DUTY to protect this Nation and its citizens....to be proactive rather than reactive.....

Good point but there is no way you are going to convince people who are determined to misintepret this. She's got them so scared they are dragging out shit form 20 years ago to try to counter . Only thing dumber than dumb is intentional idiocy.

gosh and Palin really looked like she knew that...

huh beta dog?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::lol:

Palin wanted a clarification of what, EXACTLY what, Gibson was asking...
Can you blame her.....the very term, "Bush Doctrine" is up to interpretation even by Washington Post, as I've just shown....
They go so far as to claim there are "several' Bush doctrines.....

Seems there can be as many as the MSM wants to claim there are.....

Palin wanted a clarification of what, EXACTLY what, Gibson was asking...
Can you blame her.....the very term, "Bush Doctrine" is up to interpretation even by Washington Post, as I've just shown....
They go so far as to claim there are "several' Bush doctrines.....

Seems there can be as many as the MSM wants to claim there are.....

Worst. Spin. Ever.

Click on that youtube link I posted above, where Palin's own running mate, John McCain knows exactly what the Bush Doctrine is and can clearly explain it in one sentence.

Once again. When asked a general question, you ask for clarification. It's suicide not to do so.

Forum List

Back