Palin Flunks Foreign Policy in her Interview

the bold is FIXED :D

but yeah, after my fix, i can agree with that
but then, i have a feeling she will surprise some of those that do not fit into that FAR left group, but are clearly not on the right

Heh ... yeah I suppose you are right ... the far right and far left.

But I still submit that she's going to have to do a lot better than what I've read of her interview.

Here's the Bush Doctrine excerpt:

GIBSON: Do you agree with the Bush doctrine?

PALIN: In what respect, Charlie?

GIBSON: The Bush -- well, what do you -- what do you interpret it to be?

PALIN: His world view.

GIBSON: No, the Bush doctrine, enunciated September 2002, before the Iraq war.

PALIN: I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell bent on destroying our nation. There have been blunders along the way, though. There have been mistakes made. And with new leadership, and that's the beauty of American elections, of course, and democracy, is with new leadership comes opportunity to do things better.

GIBSON: The Bush doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any other country that we think is going to attack us. Do you agree with that?

PALIN: I agree that a president's job, when they swear in their oath to uphold our Constitution, their top priority is to defend the United States of America.

I know that John McCain will do that and I, as his vice president, families we are blessed with that vote of the American people and are elected to serve and are sworn in on January 20, that will be our top priority is to defend the American people.

And it goes to with Gibson feeding her pieces of the Doctrine to coax her through the interview.

It's pretty clear, to me anyway, that she didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was.

In the debate she's not going to get clues from the moderator ...

But I still submit that she's going to have to do a lot better than what I've read of her interview.

And it goes to with Gibson feeding her pieces of the Doctrine to coax her through the interview.

It's pretty clear, to me anyway, that she didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was.

i think she handled it ok
and in the debate, i'm also looking forward to what will come out of Bidens mouth
LOL
and if they give him softballs and her hardballs, people will know
there is already the perception that the media has been unfair

GIBSON: Do you agree with the Bush doctrine?

PALIN: In what respect, Charlie?

GIBSON: The Bush -- well, what do you -- what do you interpret it to be?

PALIN: His world view.

GIBSON: No, the Bush doctrine, enunciated September 2002, before the Iraq war.

PALIN: I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell bent on destroying our nation. There have been blunders along the way, though. There have been mistakes made. And with new leadership, and that's the beauty of American elections, of course, and democracy, is with new leadership comes opportunity to do things better.

GIBSON: The Bush doctrine, as I understand it, is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any other country that we think is going to attack us. Do you agree with that?

PALIN: I agree that a president's job, when they swear in their oath to uphold our Constitution, their top priority is to defend the United States of America.

I know that John McCain will do that and I, as his vice president, families we are blessed with that vote of the American people and are elected to serve and are sworn in on January 20, that will be our top priority is to defend the American people.

She didn't have a fucking clue what the Bush doctrine is. Wow.

and in the debate, i'm also looking forward to what will come out of Bidens mouth
LOL

I'm not worried about Biden not knowing something like "What is the Bush Doctrine."

I seriously doubt they will give Biden softballs and Palin hardballs ...

But yes, if it happens it will be pretty obvious ...

LOL

asking someone if they agree with the Bush Doctrine, is not a hard ball.

She was a deer in the headlight. She didn't have a clue what it was.

Unless it's Charlie Gibson :lol:

Do we really need Charlie to host another debate?

Because that's high up on the bad idea scale.

LOL

The only way it seems like that is if Joe Biden easily answers the tough questions and Sarah Palin stumbles.

Then it will seem to some that she's getting the hardballs and he's getting the softballs when it's not the truth.

The only way it seems like that is if Joe Biden easily answers the tough questions and Sarah Palin stumbles.

Then it will seem to some that she's getting the hardballs and he's getting the softballs when it's not the truth.
yes, to some, however, that was not what i said
;)
YMMV

omfg... Her lack of knowlege frightens me..but.. you cats that actually think she can run this country scare the piss out of me...

I thought they could get her up to speed by this interview but wholley crap... I actually thought they might have an ace in the hole. Sadly however, I was mistaken...

Heh ... I was thinking of something to that effect just after my last post ...

Both parties stage manage those debates so there's little chance of a major blunder. They're not really debates, they're just forums to the candidates to list off some policy proposals and get in a few zingers.

The moderators aren't out to ask trick questions, or ask impossibly hard questions.

The only guy I've seen totally embarras himself was that Admiral Stockdale guy Perot chose. You'd have to be an idiot to totally fuck up one of the prez debates

Heh ... I was thinking of something to that effect just after my last post ...

Well look at Joe Biden's last appearance on "Meet the Press" just last weekend.

He looked calm, cool, and was truly angry at points at how bad some things have gotten. He's going to do great in this debate unless he has questions thrown his way like Obama did in the ABC Debate.

He has the foreign policy experience, he knows what he is talking about.

These are going to pose problems for Sarah Palin no matter how far right and delusional someone is in thinking that she is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The best thing that could happen for Obama/Biden is something similar to this interview where she doesn't know key things like this. If that happens, she will be a deer in headlights on National TV with Joe Biden ready to pounce.

They will call Sexism after probably even though he would be treating her like she was a man. So if they're going to call Sexism no matter what, make her look like a inexperienced fool on National TV.

Palin is going to get her arse handed to her big time in the debate. Can't wait. Biden has to make sure he doesn't come across as arrogant - people hate that.

Palin is going to get her arse handed to her big time in the debate. Can't wait. Biden has to make sure he doesn't come across as arrogant - people hate that.

McCain and Palin are going to get their asses handed to them Barry Goldwater style! This is going to be hilarious to watch! It looks like Shery Crow will be giving a private concert in January, in the oval office after all!:eusa_whistle:

he'll have to fight his very nature
i think the debate will be interesting

Dream the fuck on Robbie. And don't let the election get to you.

Getting into the spirit of election season aside, I can tell you really take this stuff to heart and let it effect your head. Why? Because you post these long-winded pep talks where it basically comes across as you trying to reassure yourself that everything is going to be OK. Biden'll do this, and this and that, and Palin'll do this, and that and this... Fuck man, are you claiming to be psychic? Give it up.

Whatever happens, happens. Jeez. Stop freaking out. Go to the gym or something. I mean this, dude - no partisan politics involved.

And W.R.T. the VP debates - I suspect Palin will prove to be much more clever than you guys are giving her credit for. Remember how Cheney ripped of Edwards' head and shit down his neck, when everyone had been talking about how badly the well-known trial attorney would own the crusty old sitting VP?

But, I don't purport to read the future. What happens, happens :lol:

Last edited:
he'll have to fight his very nature
i think the debate will be interesting

That was John Kerry's problem with Bush - he came across as arrogant on at least one occasion I remember.

I don't think the problem for Obama is his skin colour or inexperience, it's the fact that he didn't pick a Southerner. Luckily, neither did the GoP..I reckon if McCain had picked somebody from that neck of the woods, it would have been a much more interesting race.

And W.R.T. the VP debates - I suspect Palin will prove to be much more clever than you guys are giving her credit for. Remember how Cheney ripped of Edwards' head and shit down his neck, when everyone had been talking about how badly the well-known trial attorney would own the crusty old sitting VP?

But, I don't purport to read the future. What happens, happens :lol:

Just because Cheney is a vile creature, doesn't mean he wasn't/isn't smart. Palin isn't. Biden is. But it wouldn't be the first time in recent history the American people have voted for a Dumbass...

Forum List

Back