Palin Crashing Obama Surging?

Then that leads to the best of the best of my political dreams; :eusa_drool:

Gridlock in DC. Nothing gets done so they can't make things worse. :eusa_pray:

and therein lies the ultimate difference between us. i don't hate government. and people who do hate government should never be in power.

as for divisiveness... i will try to find the numbers. no question that the right hates obama, but the middle doesn't. they voted for him and will do so again if the economy keeps turning around.... the middle will never vote for palin. she's now even dividing republicans (see o/p).

so i think you're seeing it through partisan colored glasses.

Isn't it strange that all the politicians who run on hating government keep running to get re-elected to government.

Here's something really strange....the guy who ran for President and is sitting in the oval office is the same guy who said he was going to change Washington, but all he showed us were locked rooms out of camera range, bribes, lying about posting bills on the internet for 5 days and then lying about what is in the health care bill.

Here's something really strange....the guy who ran for President and is sitting in the oval office is the same guy who said he was going to change Washington, but all he showed us were locked rooms out of camera range, bribes, lying about posting bills on the internet for 5 days and then lying about what is in the health care bill.

:eusa_shhh:

Heard it on MSNBC this morning so take it for what it's worth, but at this point in the run up to the '08 election it was gonna be between Hillary and Rudy. But the point is a lot can and likely will happen between now and when both parties have their candidates for '12.

oh no question. a lot will happen between now and the election. but i do feel it's necessary to counter the palin-heads constant barrage of nonsense.

i do agree with you, though... anything can happen. no one expected the economy to melt down in october 2008... and that probably changed everything.

I think this is the first Palin thread in a week. And it is a long time between now and then.

And I think the reason for 0bama's surge is for the same reason Clinton would surge every so often. He has been away for a while, and hasn't made anyone mad recently.

Palin is learning a few things. And she is out there talking to folks and raising money for other folks.

But I don't believe that the powers that be are going to be fond of her because she turned two easy senate pick ups into losses. Especially the Nevada one. That one stings.

Well, I don't know if Obama is 'surging' per se. He still ahs work to do among independents. But it is clear that Palin in down 18 points in her approval rating from a year ago and her negatives keep going up. oops...

Nothing found for Blog 2010 12 49-of-republican-voters-say-they-are-likely-to-support-sarah-palin-in-gop-primary

and lest any of the palin people whine that this is a biased link, it's from American Conservative Values. :woohoo:

Well sugar plum, for starters, we don't think Palin is gonna be in the running. Secondly. obie wan know nutting isn't surging. And, with his moratorium on drilling and gas soon to be $5.00 per gallon he can look to go back to his community organization. He failed in large scale community organizing.

Gas needs to be $5 a gallon. I do not like Obama but he Bush, no one has any control over the demand and our addiction to oil.
We could drill all we want and it would still be $5 a gallon.
Just like SPENDING is the problem in Washington, DEMAND is the problem with oil.
We demand and waste too much of it.
Same with spending. Can't have it both ways. Conservatives should be leading the charge to CONSERVE.

Exactly correct. I was watching an interview with the former head of Shell (the $5 per gallon predictor) last night, and he pointed out that we could drill in ANWR, the Gulf, and the coast of California and it would still be $5 per gallon.

Why?

They are expecting millions more cars on the roads in China and India in the next few years, along with all their industrial growth.

We CANNOT drill our way out of it. The only way is to get a plan to phase out the internal combustion engine in favor of electric and batteries.

Then that leads to the best of the best of my political dreams; :eusa_drool:

Gridlock in DC. Nothing gets done so they can't make things worse. :eusa_pray:

and therein lies the ultimate difference between us. i don't hate government. and people who do hate government should never be in power.

as for divisiveness... i will try to find the numbers. no question that the right hates obama, but the middle doesn't. they voted for him and will do so again if the economy keeps turning around.... the middle will never vote for palin. she's now even dividing republicans (see o/p).

so i think you're seeing it through partisan colored glasses.

Isn't it strange that all the politicians who run on hating government keep running to get re-elected to government.

Please list one that stated he hated government with a link.

Hell

I don't "Hate" governement, I just hate what it has become. Our government is probably the best in the world and possibly the best ever.

It's the fucks that run it.

Wow, where do people get the notion that the Left is obsessed and terrified of Palin?

Mocking condescension =/= fear. Palin is no more feared than Joe Biden. That "Fear" muse is just an indignant little thing Republicans do to mask the epic stupidity of putting such a person in a potential position of power.

If you voted for Obama.... go look in the mirror and repeat that statement.

You idiots are so transperant.
:rolleyes:

Oh aren't you clever.

As if Obama is even a comparison in the monumental stupidity department.

Quick on the headfoot though. Good for you!

Funny, funny man. "Go look in the mirror." SOOOOOoooOOOoo witty you are.

Judges have opinions on the Constitution, and sadly they can be changed with popular opinion.

While there is a cursory case that popular opinion influences national elections that in turn influences judges nominated to the USSC, I find it difficult to believe the right wing fascist dogma of the Supreme Court a reflection of such opinion.

Take abortion. It got passed due to the right to privacy. Every Conservative of faith lost thier minds and some that don't have faith.

A very interesting analysis. Are you saying that religion implies a lack of privacy? Wasn't the basis for the "establishment" clause that people enjoyed a right to privacy where religion was concerned?

But what I find that boggles the mind that "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures..." does not, in the minds of the right wingers, imply the existence of personal privacy...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ldp2PyXgGo[/ame]

There is a very good reason she has signed with FAUX News, a truth free zone...

But her peeps still love her...what's up with that?

Judges have opinions on the Constitution, and sadly they can be changed with popular opinion.

While there is a cursory case that popular opinion influences national elections that in turn influences judges nominated to the USSC, I find it difficult to believe the right wing fascist dogma of the Supreme Court a reflection of such opinion.

Take abortion. It got passed due to the right to privacy. Every Conservative of faith lost thier minds and some that don't have faith.

A very interesting analysis. Are you saying that religion implies a lack of privacy? Wasn't the basis for the "establishment" clause that people enjoyed a right to privacy where religion was concerned?

But what I find that boggles the mind that "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures..." does not, in the minds of the right wingers, imply the existence of personal privacy...

It's delusional accusations like this that prevent civil discourse.

If you support obama, you support the vile Patriot Act. Not only did he re-sign it, he expanded and re-enforced it.

Thus implying, using your delusional style of accusations, that all liberals hate privacy and support wire taps w/o due process and support the envasive searches done at airports.

See how quickly this can go from polite to fight?

You'll never guess who said: "Hawaii just isn't an American-sounding name, like Alaska."

And she has millions of right wing supporters and is considered a presidential candidate...

Right. Those are 2 of our 57 states

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws[/ame]

I don't think SP will even be nominated. She has been so over exposed for so long. I predict that one day she will wake up and nobody will care. She won't even be able to get a tv interview unless she becomes a serial killer.

I hope her ego can take it when her time is up. Because I think it's coming.

I think Palin loves her spot as a "kingmaker" (in her own brain)...without the total scrutiny or responsibility of actually running. Power with no responsibility + moneymaking. She'll stay where she is.

I've been saying this for a while... I am 99.9% convinced she will not be running in 2012...

She holds no elected position, so she can swing at will against any policy she disagrees with... This has and will continue to make her $$, so I don't think she'd want to spend it running for President... There's a lot of money to be made making the left go nuts over her...

but she won't have to spend her own money to run.

you could be right. on the other hand, i think she's purely ego-driven. i don't think she'll be able to help herself.

but it would mean she has to stop being the tweeting twit and actually engage on a mature political level.

Not a chance. But the debates would be over really quickly: Palin can only talk in 140 characters or less!

:lol:

I don't think SP will even be nominated. She has been so over exposed for so long. I predict that one day she will wake up and nobody will care. She won't even be able to get a tv interview unless she becomes a serial killer.

Which is a shame, because she's nailed all the winning issues.

Which is why the MSM wants another McCain.

You'll never guess who said: "Hawaii just isn't an American-sounding name, like Alaska."

And she has millions of right wing supporters and is considered a presidential candidate...

*He claimed that Kansas tornadoes killed a whopping 10,000 people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.

Throughout history. That's true.

Heard it on MSNBC this morning so take it for what it's worth, but at this point in the run up to the '08 election it was gonna be between Hillary and Rudy. But the point is a lot can and likely will happen between now and when both parties have their candidates for '12.
I also heard this morning that Palin's negative rating is 58% - IN ALASKA, second only to very blue Massachusetts.

And they know her better than anyone.

Only because she took some state repubs to the wood shed. Disrupt the gravy train, get reduced support.

On that note the US will not cut spending or increase taxes in any meaningful way.

Uh...it wasn't a poll of state officials, it was a poll of the voters and citizens.

Which is a shame, because she's nailed all the winning issues.

Which is why the MSM wants another McCain.

The MSM wants Palin

She is good for ratings, she generates controversy, she has a "What stupid thing will Sarah say next" following.

Politicians like McCain or Romney are dull. They say what is safe to say and do not rock the boat....Dull

However, Palin is like a new toy with limited entertainment value. It keeps you occupied for a while and then you tire of it

Palin is over-exposed and will ultimately be a punch line to define fringe politicians as "The next Palin"

Forum List

Back