Palin Book Frenzy Stuns Media

As I hurriedly rush out, zoom-boing, I did reply to you with this earlier:
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom-boing

Do you think that Palin's 'paling around' with the author of her book (who co-authored a white supremacist book) means that Palin leans towards white supremacy?
paperview said:
Nope.

No more than Obama sitting on a board with Bill Ayers makes Obama a Marxist or terrorist sympathizer.

Something to think on. Really. That's at the heart of my reply and the general gist of this whole episode, which some seem to have missed.

out.

Um, okay. So your point is that just because someone 'pals around' with someone of question they shouldn't be judged on that? Then why bother bringing up that the ghost writer of Palin's book is - or isn't - a white supremacist?
This is the atmosphere our politics have devolved to, painting a picture with a tangential association to scurrilous characters.

It was the main thrust of the election rhetoric last year, and still now, as made by quite a few republicans. Sarah, the VP candidate, drove it home with the phrase "he pals around with terrorists."

That's a sticky line that has held with some of us Democrats and liberals. It reverberates still..

A charge which was clearly false, (and voters saw through that) but implied that he too, was a terrorist.

These are the rules we appear to be operating under now. Sarah, IMO, is not a White Supremacist. She has aligned herself with a woman who placed her name on a book alongside one. That's all.

Some may say if a person co-authored a book with a person like David Duke, for example, on a subject not related to race, it would imply, though certainly not conclusively, that there were shared feelings of the author and David Duke on other matters. It is a link. Something Beck, Palin, et al have mastered the art of drawing out. We've all seen it.
I am not comparing this McCain to David Duke, but the man has shown through his words, memberships and associations, to be like minded, to some degree.

To what degree? That is for the reader to determine.

It is sad that it has reached this point in our polemics; there are people here that will point out repeatedly there is nothing wrong with telling us who the associates are of the people we look to as our leaders. The links. I would agree with that.

It is up to the individual to decide if the tie is strong enough to bond them together to cause us to reconsider, and if their past actions bring gravitas to the ascription.

It is wrong to draw a line directly from one to the other, and I hope, might explain more fully my more concise statement on it:
Does Palin leans towards white supremacy?

No. No more than Obama sitting on a board with Bill Ayers makes Obama a Marxist or terrorist sympathizer.
You say blankly: why bring it up? I say: why not? This is what Sarah has taught us.

Last edited:
Like I said in another post. If she doesn't have 50 million in five years, I would be surprised.

The right desperately needs a hero right now. Once someone has been "appointed", nothing anyone does changes their minds.

She has a teenaged unwed mother for a daughter, she quit as governor before her term was over, and she went on a wild spending spree buying clothes. She's asked about banning books. She has a degree from Idaho U., the potato state in public speaking and received only a D in economics. She doesn't know much about anything. She was very good in "pageants".

None of this matters. What matter is she's "one of us". Didn't work out so well for Bush.

What I would like to do is name her book. I was hoping others would make suggestions besides the ones I made:

Cougar

Republican Fashion

The Grandmother

Lipstick on a Pig

How to succeed at Quitting.

Run, Sarah run

Raising kids having kids

Abstinence only - the key to becoming a Grandparent

STD, Children of the Right's Silent Partner

What I know about foreign policy couldn't fill a book

Pageant walking and winking at the same time, harder than you think

Big Hair and Stilettos - keys to good government

How to Dress a Moose and other fashion tips

The Turkey grind, Red snow, the end of communism

It was the main thrust of the election rhetoric last year, and still now, as made by quite a few republicans. Sarah, the VP candidate, drove it home with the phrase "he pals around with terrorists."

That's a sticky line that has held with some of us Democrats and liberals. It reverberates still..

A charge which was clearly false, (and voters saw through that) but implied that he too, was a terrorist.

That's not what I got out of the 'pals around with' phrase. I never once considered that Obama was a terrorist. What I took away from the phrase was that Obama associated with radicals and, seeing how many radicals he's appointed, I'd say Palin was spot on.

Thanks for answering my question more thoroughly though, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

That's not what I got out of the 'pals around with' phrase. I never once considered that Obama was a terrorist. What I took away from the phrase was that Obama associated with radicals and, seeing how many radicals he's appointed, I'd say Palin was spot on.

Thanks for answering my question more thoroughly though, I appreciate it.

Radicals are what Bush appointed. It's why so many scientists left government service. What messed up our justice department. The extra "war". Republicans have devestated this country worse than a war.

As I hurriedly rush out, zoom-boing, I did reply to you with this earlier:

I am not comparing this McCain to David Duke, but the man has shown through his words, memberships and associations, to be like minded, to some degree.

To what degree? That is for the reader to determine.

But you did call Mr. McCain - repeatedly, a "White Supremacist" -and then repeatedly attempted to link Palin to her co-author Lynn Vincent (who wrote one of the most highly regarded books regarding American race relations in recent years) who herself previously co-authored a book on politics with Mr. McCain. Your intent was clear - it was race baiting. Awkward, ludicrous, and overtly misinformed, but vile race-baiting nevertheless.
____

Bark Bark Wolf Wolf
Sarah Palin's got a book!

YaY!

____

Interesting phrase - is that an original on your part?

It sounds familiar...

Last edited:
But you did call Mr. McCain - repeatedly, a "White Supremacist" -and then repeatedly attempted to link Palin to her co-author Lynn Vincent (who wrote one of the most highly regarded books regarding American race relations in recent years) who herself previously co-authored a book on politics with Mr. McCain. Your intent was clear - it was race baiting. Awkward, ludicrous, and overtly misinformed, but vile race-baiting nevertheless.
____

Bark Bark Wolf Wolf

YaY!

____

It sounds familiar...

Article today regarding the boom time of Conservative books - culminating on the already HUGE success of the upcoming Palin book...

___

Palin book part of conservative boom
By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer

These are boom times for conservative authors.

Books by Glenn Beck and Mark Levin have sold millions of copies. Michelle Malkin's "Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks and Cronies" spent weeks at No. 1 on The New York Times nonfiction list. Sales have been strong for Dick Morris' anti-Obama "Catastrophe" and the Beck-endorsed reissue of "The Five Thousand Year Leap," by W. Cleon Skousen.

And Sarah Palin may top them all...

Although she resigned abruptly last summer as governor, and the Republican ticket of Sen. John McCain and Palin was decisively beaten in the 2008 election, "Going Rogue" will surely outsell the memoir of her Democratic counterpart, Vice President Joe Biden, and likely approach the million-selling heights of President Obama's "The Audacity of Hope."

"I know a lot of people who are surprised by this," says Adrian Zackheim, president and publisher of Sentinel, a conservative imprint of Penguin Group (USA). "There was some question as to whether her popularity was still intact after she resigned as governor and some question as to whether the original following was still with her. The answer to these questions is pretty unequivocal."

Palin book part of conservative boom

I think most common sense thinking people in this country will never forgive the Liberals and especially the Liberal Media for brutally attacking her children. Most people don't mind political attacks but brutally smearing the woman's innocent children really is unforgivable. All the smug Liberals and especially those in the Liberal Media continue to underestimate Palin and i think they might just regret that. They also continue to underestimate the anger over their mistreatment of the woman's children. I for one am rooting for Palin and sure do hope she gets the last laugh on those miserable cretins.

I think most common sense thinking people in this country will never forgive the Liberals and especially the Liberal Media for brutally attacking her children. Most people don't mind political attacks but brutally smearing the woman's innocent children really is unforgivable. All the smug Liberals and especially those in the Liberal Media continue to underestimate Palin and i think they might just regret that. They also continue to underestimate the anger over their mistreatment of the woman's children. I for one am rooting for Palin and sure do hope she gets the last laugh on those miserable cretins.

The only smear was the one left when Sarad dragged them kicking and screaming into the spotlight. Obama is president and you hardly see his children.

They are just now catching on - yet again...

_____

Palin's book already a best-seller before release
By HILLEL ITALIE (AP) – 1 hour ago

NEW YORK — Move over, Dan Brown. Sarah Palin is on top of the charts.

Just two days after HarperCollins announced that Palin's "Going Rogue" had been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17, preorders Wednesday night for the former Alaska governor's memoir made it No. 1 on both Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.com.

Among the books "Going Rogue" is outselling: Sen. Ted Kennedy's "True Compass," Mitch Albom's "Have a Little Faith" and Brown's "The Lost Symbol," his first novel since "The Da Vinci Code" and, perhaps until now, the year's most anticipated release.

Palin, in collaboration with author Lynn Vincent, completed her 400-page book just four months after agreeing to terms with HarperCollins, which plans a first printing of 1.5 million copies. It's the first book by Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate and Alaska governor until suddenly resigning last summer.

She is regarded as a possible 2012 contender for the presidency. Past candidates, notably Barack Obama, have been helped by writing best-selling books, invaluable platforms for politicians to tell their story.

The Associated Press: Palin's book already a best-seller before release

___

With Two Months to Go, Palin Book Reaches No. 2 on Amazon List

Susan Davis reports on politics.

Still two months before its Nov. 17 release, Sarah Palin’s autobiography “Going Rogue: An American Life” has already hit the No. 2 spot on Amazon.com’s bestseller list. She’s sandwiched between Dan Brown’s “The Lost Symbol” in the #1 slot, but ahead of Glenn Beck’s “Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government.”

Palin is also taking the top slot on Barnes & Noble’s bestseller list, ahead of Mitch Albom’s “Have a Little Faith.”

The former Alaska governor’s 400-page book was completed just four months after she inked the book deal with HarperCollins, and has an initial 1.5 million print run—the same number given to “True Compass,” the autobiography of the late Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts. HarperCollins is a unit of News Corp. as is Dow Jones & Co., publisher of The Wall Street Journal. (Palin's book is now #1)

With Two Months to Go, Palin Book Reaches No. 2 on Amazon List - Washington Wire - WSJ

I sure hope their is a cheat sheet to help us understand her "I quit" speech in this book.

dopey lefties cant help themselves........... and in the process just add to Sarah being percieved as a victim by more and more women!!!:clap2:

The only smear was the one left when Sarad dragged them kicking and screaming into the spotlight. Obama is president and you hardly see his children.

That's cause the LMSM is in his pocket; they wouldn't dare.

That's cause the LMSM is in his pocket; they wouldn't dare.

So where did our friend go who accused me of lying?

:eusa_angel:

This kind of post reminds of last year when the Ron Paul fanatics were peeing their pants with glee over how much money Paul was raising.
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

I remember that.

Like I said in another post. If she doesn't have 50 million in five years, I would be surprised.

The right desperately needs a hero right now. Once someone has been "appointed", nothing anyone does changes their minds.

She has a teenaged unwed mother for a daughter, she quit as governor before her term was over, and she went on a wild spending spree buying clothes. She's asked about banning books. She has a degree from Idaho U., the potato state in public speaking and received only a D in economics. She doesn't know much about anything. She was very good in "pageants".

None of this matters. What matter is she's "one of us". Didn't work out so well for Bush.

What I would like to do is name her book. I was hoping others would make suggestions besides the ones I made:

Cougar

Republican Fashion

The Grandmother

Lipstick on a Pig

How to succeed at Quitting.

Run, Sarah run

Raising kids having kids

Abstinence only - the key to becoming a Grandparent

STD, Children of the Right's Silent Partner

What I know about foreign policy couldn't fill a book

Pageant walking and winking at the same time, harder than you think

Big Hair and Stilettos - keys to good government

How to Dress a Moose and other fashion tips

The Turkey grind, Red snow, the end of communism
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!HAHA!!
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

Classic!

Interesting blog - particularly the note regarding McCain staffer's dislike of the Reagan wing of the party. If true, that would certainly explain the off-message chaos of that odd presidential campaign...

_______

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Palin book likely to expose McCain’s incompetent campaign staffers

From IUSB Vision:

We reported that the McCain campaign communications machine became more incompetent after the Palin announcement. It seems that Palin’s book is going to give us at least some of the details.

Later we reported that many of the McCain staffers were “David Frum” types like Steve Schmidt, that had previously overtly slandered religious conservatives and others in the Reagan wing of the party.

[...]

What McCain Campaign staffers did was let their emotional hostility of the Reagan wing of the party blind them to a clear asset that could have helped Palin to introduce herself to the country in a venue that would give her the opportunity to define herself clearly.

Palin should have been given interviews with Limbaugh and Hannity first, then Greta, Beck, John Gibson and then O’Reilly, Hume and Wallace so that Palin would have had the opportunity to define herself first and hone her interview skills with progressively tougher interviews in tougher venues.

To send a person who is new and undefined on the national stage to Charles Gibson and Katie Couric who set out with clear intent to destroy her with much tougher gotcha questions than those two ever asked Edwards, Obama or Biden was foolish because since those were her first interviews, it would be by those interviews that people would have their first impression of her. As a result the McCain Campaign forfeited its opportunity to define its own Vice Presidential nominee.

[...]

This is not just communications 101 folks, this is communications for dummies.
As we pointed out in a previous post, Politico has revealed that Sarah Palin kept a personal journal during the campaign, and much of her book will ba based on this journal. For this reason, some former McCain staffers may have be looking at making a career change after the release of this book.

- JP

Texas for Sarah Palin: Palin book likely to expose McCain’s incompetent campaign staffers

So someone buying her book is automatically a Palin supporter? It couldn't be that some of her readers want to see a great train wreck?

I really do not want to be stuck at a dinner table with Sarah talking about literature or philosophy but I would love to let her have her way with me and rip my ass into hamburger helper.

If she runs she has my vote, I want a President I can finally sexually fantasies about. I have not had that since Nixon.

... The whole 40-something Tina Fey librarian look just doesn't work for me.

You can't be serious.
There is no such thing as a liberal media.
The media is only there to titillate and advance corporate interests.
Where was this LIBERAL MEDIA in the run up to the Iraq war??
Gimme a break.
And what "attack on her children" are you even referring to?
I don't remember hearing anything unusual. Aside from mentioning her daughter's pregnancy. Ooooohh!
What, do you want the news to ignore the fact that a super right-wing flamethrower, running (potentially) for the highest seat in the world has an unmarried pregnant 17yr old daughter??
And if she hadn't dragged those kids across the country using them as props, no one would have spend 2 seconds thinking about them.
Reality is your friend. Don't fear it.

So where did our friend go who accused me of lying?

:eusa_angel:
Here. And noting, since you brought it up,
you have still never backed up your charge of plagiarism, nor have you acknowledged the many times I have asked you to back it up that charge -
nor - knowing FULL WELL YOU LIED - have you made amends or apologized for it.

I have accepted this is part of your character, and will adjust my posts accordingly to recognize your lack of ethics.

I will forgive you for it, though it comes hard.
You know full well what you did. You, ma'am, will have to live with your sins.

____

Bark Bark Wolf Wolf

YaY!

____

It sounds familiar...

Still waiting.....

Forum List

Back