Palestine: a story that needs retelling

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
I have a story to tell. This story has been told before. It can be found in several places on and off the internet, but not enough people have read it. If they have, it hasn't sunk in.

It's a narrative currently left out of the news of recent events – financial crises in Europe, Arab Spring with uprisings and occupy movements and elections in America.

The chaos has kept the spotlights away from Palestine, but the problem remains, and the story needs to be retold until enough people pay attention and share the simple truth.
Zion’s myth makers

Anyone who has read some of the history of Palestine knows that indigenous Jews and Palestinians had no trouble getting along. They lived, worked and played on the same land in Palestine. However, that's not the way it's told in the gullible West by the myth-makers of Zion.

The problems started when Jews in Europe invented Zionism for those Jews who wanted a Jewish state in order to escape from anti-Semitism in Europe.

At times, you can hear one of these Zionist attempts to distract people from the truth by calling anyone critical of Zionism anti-Semitic.

A huge gap exists between those accusations and reality. European Jews are not Semitic except in their use of Hebrew as one of the Semitic languages. Palestinians are Semitic for the same linguistic reason – they use a Semitic language.

To call anti-Zionists anti-Semitic is nothing more than a propaganda
Palestine: a story that needs retelling > Palestine > Redress Information & Analysis

Khazar Jewish Genetics

At the present time, it is known that Eastern European Jews have a significant Eastern Mediterranean element which manifests itself in a close relationship with Kurdish, Armenian, Palestinian Arab, Lebanese, Syrian, and Anatolian Turkish peoples. At the same time, there are traces of European (including Western Slavic) and Khazar ancestry among European Jews.

The Ashkenazis have been living in Europe for thousands of years, yet they have maintained cultural barriers to inter-breeding and so have only "traces" of European ancestry. See the link above.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/27/science/27GENE.html

Follow the Y-chromosome distribution Jos.

Jewish Mitochondrial DNA

MtDNAWorld.jpg

A new thread is being woven into the complex tapestry of Jewish history, a thread fashioned from a double twist of DNA.

The DNA data suggest a particular version of Jewish history and origins that historians have not yet had time to appraise but that seem to be reconcilable in principle with the historical record, according to experts in Jewish studies.

The emerging genetic picture is based largely on two studies, one published two years ago and the other this month, that together show that the men and women who founded the Jewish communities had surprisingly different genetic histories.

The earlier study, led by Dr. Michael Hammer of University of Arizona, showed from an analysis of the male, or Y chromosome, that Jewish men from seven communities were related to one another and to present-day Palestinian and Syrian populations, but not to the men of their host communities.

The finding suggested that Jewish men who founded the communities traced their lineage back to the ancestral Mideastern population of 4,000 years ago from which Arabs, Jews and other people are descended. It pointed to the genetic unity of widespread Jewish populations and took issue with ideas that most Jewish communities were relatively recent converts like the Khazars, a medieval Turkish tribe that embraced Judaism.

A new study now shows that the women in nine Jewish communities from Georgia, the former Soviet republic, to Morocco have vastly different genetic histories from the men. In each community, the women carry very few genetic signatures on their mitochondrial DNA, a genetic element inherited only through the female line. This indicates that the community had just a small number of founding mothers and that after the founding event there was little, if any, interchange with the host population. The women's identities, however, are a mystery, because, unlike the case with the men, their genetic signatures are not related to one another or to those of present-day Middle Eastern populations.

The new study, by Dr. David Goldstein, Dr. Mark Thomas and Dr. Neil Bradman of University College in London and other colleagues, appears in The American Journal of Human Genetics this month. Dr. Goldstein said it was up to historians to interpret the genetic evidence. His own speculation, he said, is that most Jewish communities were formed by unions between Jewish men and local women, though he notes that the women's origins cannot be genetically determined.

"The men came from the Near East, perhaps as traders," he said. "They established local populations, probably with local women. But once the community was founded, the barriers had to go up, because otherwise mitochondrial diversity would be increased."

In ancient Israel, the Jewish priesthood was handed from father to son. But at some time from 200 B.C. to A.D. 500, Jewish status came to be defined by maternal descent. Even though the founding mothers of most Jewish communities were not born Jewish, their descendants were.

In a recent book, "The Beginnings of Jewishness," Dr. Cohen argued that far-flung Jewish communities had adopted the rabbinic teaching of the matrilineal descent of Jewishness soon after the Islamic conquests in the seventh, eight and ninth centuries A.D.

One part of the Goldstein team's analysis, that matrilineal descent of Jewishness was practiced at or soon after the founding of each community, could fit in with this conclusion, Dr. Cohen said, if the communities were founded around this time.

The data being generated by Dr. Hammer, Dr. Goldstein and other population geneticists touches on the delicate issue of whether Jews can be considered a race. Dr. Cohen noted that the Nazis and their anti-Semitic predecessors had argued that Jews were a race and therefore irreconcilable with the host community and that Jews had in response argued they were not, because they admitted people by conversion.

If the founding mothers of most Jewish communities were local, that could explain why Jews in each country tend to resemble their host community physically while the origins of their Jewish founding fathers may explain the aspects the communities have in common, Dr. Cohen said.

Despite the definition of Jewishness as being born to a Jewish mother, and the likelihood of some continuity between ancient and modern populations, it has not until recently been clear that genetics had anything much to contribute to questions of Jewish identity.

Some scholars suspected that Jewish communities had through intermarriage or conversion become little different from their host populations. Many say they believe that even if Jews are a group definable in ethnic, as opposed to cultural or religious terms, it is either impossible or unwise to define an ethnic group genetically.

But since the Y chromosome and mitochondrial DNA clock up occasional changes or mutations every thousand years or so, on much the same time scale as human population splits, different ethnic groups tend to have characteristic patterns of mutations. "

In DNA, New Clues to Jewish Roots - New York Times

http://britam.org/MtDNAWorld.jpg

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that some folks actually claim "Israel is stealing Palestinian land!" If we look at the facts, how can this be when Israel is a land dating back to antiquity & the first & only indigenous Palestinians WERE JEWS? And can ANYONE deny that there were no Muslims at all, let alone Muslim Palestinians until the 7th century AD? So who is stealing who's land?

I find it hard to believe that some folks actually claim "Israel is stealing Palestinian land!" If we look at the facts, how can this be when Israel is a land dating back to antiquity & the first & only indigenous Palestinians WERE JEWS? And can ANYONE deny that there were no Muslims at all, let alone Muslim Palestinians until the 7th century AD? So who is stealing who's land?
MJB, you're are gonna have to set up a classroom to teach these infidels about the Palestinian myth. Have they ever heard about Arafat, The Denier?

Jos I have proved to you on many occasions that European Jews have genetic ties to the original population of Israel.

The simple fact that you ignore that information contributes to my assumption that you are trying to deliberately deceive people.

And about your statement that 'The world needs to know about the Palestinian problem', tell me when did the Palestinian problem became the world's problem ?
There are many more pressing concerns in the world that get much less coverage then the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

africa-israel-map.png

• Banned
So post about them, in the right forum, this one is Israel and Palestine

Palestinians see Arafat as great leader. He took them from the toilet to the sewer, got them massacred over & over again by their own Arab brothers, embezelled their money & then died of AIDS leaving his Palestinians living in ignorance & poverty with no hope for a Palestinian State! And then the Palestinians elect Hamas to represent them! And who says the Palestinians don't want peace?

MJB, you're are gonna have to set up a classroom to teach these infidels about the Palestinian myth. Have they ever heard about Arafat, The Denier?

Palestinians see Arafat as great leader. He took them from the toilet to the sewer, got them massacred over & over again by their own Arab brothers, embezelled their money & then died of AIDS leaving his Palestinians living in ignorance & poverty with no hope for a Palestinian State! And then the Palestinians elect Hamas to represent them! And who says the Palestinians don't want peace?

Arafat was in exile. The PLO was going down the tubes. Israel Brought him back to Palestine to subcontract the occupation to a Palestinian face. Arafat became a rich man working for Israel and screwing his people.

I have a story to tell. This story has been told before. It can be found in several places on and off the internet, but not enough people have read it. If they have, it hasn't sunk in.

It's a narrative currently left out of the news of recent events – financial crises in Europe, Arab Spring with uprisings and occupy movements and elections in America.

The chaos has kept the spotlights away from Palestine, but the problem remains, and the story needs to be retold until enough people pay attention and share the simple truth.
Zion’s myth makers
Palestine: a story that needs retelling > Palestine > Redress Information & Analysis

Your statement is screaming about the Palestinians who don't get enough media coverage, so it's fully legitimate to ask why do you think that Israeli-Palestinian conflict deserve more coverage then any other conflict.

africa-israel-map.png

The bold statement in the graphic is based on a number of studies. In this study on media coverage of conflict for the year 2000, the media coverage of the conflict in Israel-Palestine was greater than that for all of Africa’s conflicts combined for all sources studies – BBC, CNN, Le Monde, the New York Times and the Yomiuri newspaper.
the-australian-graph-2.png

Israel-Palestine «

So why the Palestinians deserve more coverage than other people ? Are they somehow special ? Do their lives worth more then African lives ?

Zion’s myth makers

Your statement is screaming about the Palestinians who don't get enough media coverage, so it's fully legitimate to ask why do you think that Israeli-Palestinian conflict deserve more coverage then any other conflict.

africa-israel-map.png

The bold statement in the graphic is based on a number of studies. In this study on media coverage of conflict for the year 2000, the media coverage of the conflict in Israel-Palestine was greater than that for all of Africa’s conflicts combined for all sources studies – BBC, CNN, Le Monde, the New York Times and the Yomiuri newspaper.
the-australian-graph-2.png

Israel-Palestine «

So why the Palestinians deserve more coverage than other people ? Are they somehow special ? Do their lives worth more then African lives ?

Does that word count include Israel's constant flood of propaganda?

I see, everything Israel says is propoganda , while everything the Palestinians say is written in stone ?
Palestinians would never ever ever use propaganda , right ?

like this image right here that was published throughout the internet claiming Israeli soldier is stepping on a little Palestinian girl.

IDF%2Bsoldier%2Btrampling%2Bon%2BPalestinian%2Bkid%2B%2528fake%2529.jpg

This image was called out as a fake by an Arab blogger. The image was actually taken in Bahrain 2009 during a street theater.

The Arab blogger published the whole picture on his site and Facebook page.

IDF-soldier-palestinian-girl-fake1.jpg

(The Arab blogger who lives in the Arab world and not in a western country gets constant death threats for exposing the truth. It seems Arabs consider you to be a traitor to the 'cause' if you are a fellow Arab and don't believe their lies(Omar's words not mine) ).

Lie or Die « Omar Dakhane

But surly you're right ... Palestinians don't use Propaganda.

I see, everything Israel says is propoganda , while everything the Palestinians say is written in stone ?

like this image right here that was published throughout the internet claiming Israeli soldier is stepping on a little Palestinian girl.

This image was called out as a fake by an Arab blogger. The image was actually taken in Bahrain 2009 during a street theater.

(The Arab blogger who lives in the Arab world and not in a western country gets constant death threats for exposing the truth. It seems Arabs consider you to be a traitor to the 'cause' if you are a fellow Arab and don't believe their lies(Omar's words not mine) ).

Post any MSM article about the conflict and I will point out the propaganda.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

So post a link to a site that claimed this
"was published throughout the internet claiming Israeli soldier is stepping on a little Palestinian girl".

Before I read the OP, can somebody refresh my memory...

Is Jos a 'slim or a 'brew?

I get the nutters in that quarrel mixed up all the time.

Before I read the OP, can somebody refresh my memory...

Is Jos a 'slim or a 'brew?

I get the nutters in that quarrel mixed up all the time.

Neither. Jos is against circumcision which lets out both. Unless she's one of either and does not believe in either book.

My take? Likely a Christian.

Last edited:

So post a link to a site that claimed this
"was published throughout the internet claiming Israeli soldier is stepping on a little Palestinian girl".

Links :
You could look for more if you like...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back