Pakistani Teen Dies Stopping Bomber From Striking School

Have you bought your ticket yet to go to this brave boy's funeral? While you are there, you can give the Pakistani government some of your own ideas how to protect the innocent people from suicide and car bombers. By the way, how conveniently Coyote omits the fact that I do know people who moved to Paklistan, and I worry about them every time I read about another car or suicide bomber which is a frequent occurrence. Moreover, if that brave young man happened to be a Hindu and I posted an article about what he did, my post would have been moved over to the Asia forum since Pakistan is in Southeast Asia..

I know students from Pakistan, and my mother has colleagues in Pakistan that I know as well. They didn't move there, they've always had to live there. There maybe others here who have Pakistani friends as well. It doesn't matter if the boy is Hindu, Muslim or Christian as far as I am concerned. It shouldn't.

Since you know someone in Pakistan, you can shed some insight with us, rather than talking about what Muslims are doing in other countries.

Sherri posted a good article about the state of government there.

It certainly doesn't bode well to young girls who want to get an education or teenaged boys who die preventing terrorism that their government is incapable of stopping.

PS - lets cut the third person shit, it just sounds retarded.

You don't think perhaps a family would move back to Pakistan if they had family there and wanted to be with them and also had ideas of starting a specific business there? I am sure there are plenty of Pakistanis living here in the U.S. who wanted to get away from there, just as there are Pakistanis moving to Australia because they are tired of the car and suicide bombings against their sect. By the way, why are you so interested in what is happening in Pakistan since this is the Middle East forum?

Why shouldn't I be interested in Pakistan? Is it forbidden or something? Can you not discuss what is going on in the OP?

But, mea culpa - you are right, I chose the wrong region to put this in, I did not realize it was "South Asia" so I shall move it - no biggie :)

I could have posted loads of stories from Pakistan, but I haven't done so, have I?

What is stopping you? Post what you want :)

If you are going to bring up young girls who want to get an education, why not also bring up the young Christian and Hindu girls who are being kidnapped, raped and forced into Islam. Don't these young girls count too?

Of course they count - why shouldn't they? Have you ignored topics on violence and rape on girls and women in India? It's a huge problem that was brought to the forefront by a particularly brutal and fatal rape of a young woman on a bus. The cultures in these regions are not kind to women to put it mildly and it spans multiple religions.
Is justice for women and children only of interest when the oppressors are Muslim? Whether it's Islamic extremists picking off young girls trying to get an education, Christian girls kidnapped and raped and forced into Islam or Hindus gang raping and killing girls and women because it's their "right" - it counts.

And, it counts too when it's a 15 yr old boy in Pakistan, dying to stop a suicide bomber from blowing up 2000 children in a school. 15 yr old boys shouldn't have to be dying that way. They should be worrying about their SAT's and whether they look cool enough - not about whether that is a detonator sticking out of some guy's jacket. Where is the justice? Where is the government who's job it is to prevent this?

It shouldn't be so hard to discuss these things unless you are only concerned with Muslim atrocities and if it can't written into that framework, it doesn't exist in your heart.

Thread moved from ME to Asia due to the geographic incompetence of it's originator ;)

I know students from Pakistan, and my mother has colleagues in Pakistan that I know as well. They didn't move there, they've always had to live there. There maybe others here who have Pakistani friends as well. It doesn't matter if the boy is Hindu, Muslim or Christian as far as I am concerned. It shouldn't.

Since you know someone in Pakistan, you can shed some insight with us, rather than talking about what Muslims are doing in other countries.

Sherri posted a good article about the state of government there.

It certainly doesn't bode well to young girls who want to get an education or teenaged boys who die preventing terrorism that their government is incapable of stopping.

PS - lets cut the third person shit, it just sounds retarded.

You don't think perhaps a family would move back to Pakistan if they had family there and wanted to be with them and also had ideas of starting a specific business there? I am sure there are plenty of Pakistanis living here in the U.S. who wanted to get away from there, just as there are Pakistanis moving to Australia because they are tired of the car and suicide bombings against their sect. By the way, why are you so interested in what is happening in Pakistan since this is the Middle East forum?

Why shouldn't I be interested in Pakistan? Is it forbidden or something? Can you not discuss what is going on in the OP?

But, mea culpa - you are right, I chose the wrong region to put this in, I did not realize it was "South Asia" so I shall move it - no biggie :)

I could have posted loads of stories from Pakistan, but I haven't done so, have I?

If you are going to bring up young girls who want to get an education, why not also bring up the young Christian and Hindu girls who are being kidnapped, raped and forced into Islam. Don't these young girls count too?

Of course they count - why shouldn't they? Have you ignored topics on violence and rape on girls and women in India? It's a huge problem that was brought to the forefront by a particularly brutal and fatal rape of a young woman on a bus. The cultures in these regions are not kind to women to put it mildly and it spans multiple religions.
Is justice for women and children only of interest when the oppressors are Muslim? Whether it's Islamic extremists picking off young girls trying to get an education, Christian girls kidnapped and raped and forced into Islam or Hindus gang raping and killing girls and women because it's their "right" - it counts.

And, it counts too when it's a 15 yr old boy in Pakistan, dying to stop a suicide bomber from blowing up 2000 children in a school. 15 yr old boys shouldn't have to be dying that way. They should be worrying about their SAT's and whether they look cool enough - not about whether that is a detonator sticking out of some guy's jacket. Where is the justice? Where is the government who's job it is to prevent this?

It shouldn't be so hard to discuss these things unless you are only concerned with Muslim atrocities and if it can't written into that framework, it doesn't exist in your heart.

I think we all have seen you piece on rape in India. What is surprising is if you are interested on the subject of rape in Southeast Asia, you didn't also talk about the rapes in Pakistan and Bangladesh. You know, Coyote, I really don't know who you think you are fooling except your fellow travelers. I honestly don't believe you thought you were posting in the Asia forum when you posted this story on the Middle East forum. Does Sherri ever post in the Asia forum? I don't think so, and yet she was answering you. Basically what you wanted to do is show the readers on that forum that there was a Muslim boy who was brave. Nobody denies that he was brave, but you certainly went on and on about it.

Watch "Malala Yousafzai Story: The Pakistani Girl Shot in Taliban Attack" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5yeW6XFZk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I actually think we see difficult circumstances in Pakistan bringing out good in people there, we have this story, we have the story of Pakistanis surrounding Christian churches to protect them during services, we have that inspiring young girl Malala and all she did and continues to do.

I think about the drone video I watched, how they argue in it drone attacks are leading people to turn to extremism and are directly responsible for attacks on Christian churches. . But it seems to me these drone attacks should be bringing people to do other things, too, like take stands against the extremism, like join together in nonviolent actions and protests.

In difficult circumstances, there are opportunities for individuals to rise above their circumstances and come together and make things better.

Well said....

It's interesting when you read some of these articles - there are sub-stories that are overlooked.

For example, on this young girl Malala - there are multiple sub-stories. She is actually one of a number of young girls injured or killed attempting to go to school but she was fortunate enough to get caught by the media and put a face to the issue. She made it human. Another sub-story is the anger and outrage of those local communities - anger heavily directed at the government that is seen to d o nothing until there is a big tragedy. The last sub-story is the most quiet because it is set against a media environment that is consumed with portraying violence and misogyny in these parts of the world: Malala's father, and the father's of these other young girls who have been shot - love their daughters. They want them to get an education and are fighting terrible odds, including possibly losing their child.

It is similar to the brutal bus rape of a young woman in India. It brought the issue of violence against women in India to the forefront of the public's eye and it forced it to be confronted. People were angry and united and demanded something be done about it. It brought many women out hiding to speak out against it, and against other practices such as deliberately disfiguring women with acid. It made India look at herself and ask - is this who we want to be? I do not know whether it make big changes, probably not for a long time - but awareness is the first step in making change.

I think we all have seen you piece on rape in India. What is surprising is if you are interested on the subject of rape in Southeast Asia, you didn't also talk about the rapes in Pakistan and Bangladesh. You know, Coyote, I really don't know who you think you are fooling except your fellow travelers. I honestly don't believe you thought you were posting in the Asia forum when you posted this story on the Middle East forum. Does Sherri ever post in the Asia forum? I don't think so, and yet she was answering you. Basically what you wanted to do is show the readers on that forum that there was a Muslim boy who was brave. Nobody denies that he was brave, but you certainly went on and on about it.

Huh? I posted it in the ME. :cuckoo: I thought Pakistan (and Afghanistan) were part of the ME. So I was wrong. So what?

The issue is not that he "was brave". That is only the surface Sally. And if that is all you can see, then I pity you.

Watch "Malala Yousafzai Story: The Pakistani Girl Shot in Taliban Attack" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5yeW6XFZk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I actually think we see difficult circumstances in Pakistan bringing out good in people there, we have this story, we have the story of Pakistanis surrounding Christian churches to protect them during services, we have that inspiring young girl Malala and all she did and continues to do.

I think about the drone video I watched, how they argue in it drone attacks are leading people to turn to extremism and are directly responsible for attacks on Christian churches. . But it seems to me these drone attacks should be bringing people to do other things, too, like take stands against the extremism, like join together in nonviolent actions and protests.

In difficult circumstances, there are opportunities for individuals to rise above their circumstances and come together and make things better.

Well said....

It's interesting when you read some of these articles - there are sub-stories that are overlooked.

For example, on this young girl Malala - there are multiple sub-stories. She is actually one of a number of young girls injured or killed attempting to go to school but she was fortunate enough to get caught by the media and put a face to the issue. She made it human. Another sub-story is the anger and outrage of those local communities - anger heavily directed at the government that is seen to d o nothing until there is a big tragedy. The last sub-story is the most quiet because it is set against a media environment that is consumed with portraying violence and misogyny in these parts of the world: Malala's father, and the father's of these other young girls who have been shot - love their daughters. They want them to get an education and are fighting terrible odds, including possibly losing their child.

It is similar to the brutal bus rape of a young woman in India. It brought the issue of violence against women in India to the forefront of the public's eye and it forced it to be confronted. People were angry and united and demanded something be done about it. It brought many women out hiding to speak out against it, and against other practices such as deliberately disfiguring women with acid. It made India look at herself and ask - is this who we want to be? I do not know whether it make big changes, probably not for a long time - but awareness is the first step in making change.

I wonder what will bring to the forefront that Christian and Hindu women in Pakistan are kidnapped, raped, and forced into Islam. Do you think that the Muslims in Pakistan will get angry at what is happening to these Christian and Hindu young women.

Huh? I posted it in the ME. :cuckoo: I thought Pakistan (and Afghanistan) were part of the ME. So I was wrong. So what?

The issue is not that he "was brave". That is only the surface Sally. And if that is all you can see, then I pity you.

If you can't see what is happening in Pakistan because of people's religious beliefs, then I pity you. By the way, I would think that you would have known that Pakistan was carved out of India, and we all know that India is not part of the Middle East.

What is happening in Pakistan is the result of a long period of history, colonialism and it's legacy, years of corruption, a culture that is still after all this time, essentially tribal, multiple wars, and yes - religion enters into the mix. But you don't see all that. And you don't want to.

I might be incompetent at identifying the right geographical region, Sally, but your ignorance extends even further. It's a deliberate choice.

What is happening in Pakistan is the result of a long period of history, colonialism and it's legacy, years of corruption, a culture that is still after all this time, essentially tribal, multiple wars, and yes - religion enters into the mix. But you don't see all that. And you don't want to.

I might be incompetent at identifying the right geographical region, Sally, but your ignorance extends even further. It's a deliberate choice.

Have you ever thought that others think your ignorance knows no bounds? The two main sects of Islam have been fighting each other ever since Islam came into being, and this is why you keep on seeing the majority Sunnis murdering the Shia in Pakistan. Meanwhile, since you are doing such a wonderful job on the Asia forum, no doubt the regular readers of this particular forum will be waiting with bated breath for your great articles which will, of course, be covering Asia.

Have you ever thought that others think your ignorance knows no bounds? The two main sects of Islam have been fighting each other ever since Islam came into being, and this is why you keep on seeing the majority Sunnis murdering the Shia in Pakistan. Meanwhile, since you are doing such a wonderful job on the Asia forum, no doubt the regular readers of this particular forum will be waiting with bated breath for your great articles which will, of course, be covering Asia.

Everybody's ignorance knows no bounds. Ignorance is infinite.

For example, you state that the two main sects of Islam have been fighting since Islam came into being. Islam originated with Mohammad. The two main branches came after his death.

In affluent countries you rarely see such volatile religious disputes, Sally. A reasonably intelligent person might conclude that there is far more going on than just a dispute as to whose God is better.

The young man who saved the other children was very brave and noble.

In an ideal world we'd have Sally and Sherri locked in a room together. There, Sally could put forth her theories on why poster x or y or z doesn't seem to care about what Muslims (only Muslims because no one else commits violence) are doing to a or b or c in the lands of O and Z. Meanwhile Sherri could find a way to bring in the Evil Zionist Babykillers possibly in concert with drone attacks (that would be a twofer) and line it up with pertinant though misguided biblical quotations. We would have a concession stand of course, and sell popcorn, lottery tickets and gummi-bears. For a modest fee, we could open the door briefly every 15 minutes and make it a spectator sport to an interested audience.

However, this is the real world. The topic is about terrorists and the intense bravery of real "martyrs" like a 15 yr old boy who gave up his life to save 2000 children, and an angry population who can't understand why their government is so incompetent and incapable.

No in a ideal world a shit for brains individual like you would get some intelligence and not be, well, a shit for brains!!! :eusa_whistle:

Or in an ideal world, you and I could be locked in a room together and I could beat you to death without the need for dialog! :eusa_angel:

Correct.......the dispute between Sunni and Shia has far more to do with internal politics and ownership of land and resources. ... :cool:

Correct and hopefully the Shia and Sunni destroy each other and the Christians can then come in and finish them off expelling all the muslims to Syria and Jordan. That is the day we see Lebanon become a stable Democracy on the way to becoming a 1st world nation!

Everybody's ignorance knows no bounds. Ignorance is infinite.

For example, you state that the two main sects of Islam have been fighting since Islam came into being. Islam originated with Mohammad. The two main branches came after his death.

In affluent countries you rarely see such volatile religious disputes, Sally. A reasonably intelligent person might conclude that there is far more going on than just a dispute as to whose God is better.

The young man who saved the other children was very brave and noble.

No one is denying that the young man was brave. He reminds me of young soldiers who willingly fall on a grenade to save their fellow soldiers. Why don't you tell us how soon after Mohammed's death that the two main sects started in on each other since, of course, you hve educated yourself on this. Perhaps you can tell us why in civilized countries like England the Sunnis are still after the Amahdiyya. Maybe you can also tell us why in Indonesia the Sunnia are after the Ahahdiyya, the Shia, and the Christians.

The problem in Pakistan is an incompetent corrupt government that has little control over it's territory and can't protect it's own people.

for those who do not know-----the shiites and sunnis of the Indian subcontinent
were kiling each other even before the inception of Pakistan. LONG LONG
ago ----when I was young (and beautiful) I befriended a young doc in the
hospital in which I had ----a little college time part time job.
Clueless me had no idea why he proudly showed me a scar on his scalp-----
He was from New Dehli (that's india) ----I asked "if you hate hindus
so much--why did your family not move to pakistan in ''48 ??? He got
angry (????) ----ok ----over time I did learn who hated whom and
who was being killed-------even way back then shiites were being murdered
in the streets of pakistan by sunnis-----just as they had been when India
was one country and this guy's family decided to stay SAFELY in India where
most of the people did not HATE the people who put cuts on their heads.

Shiites and sunnis are murdering each other in Iraq too. -----for a long, long
time -----sunni SADAAM murdered hundreds of thousands of them

for those who do not know-----the hatfield/mc Coy type feud has been ongoing
since the death of muhummad. ------starting whilst his body had not yet cooled.
Fret not------by now ----the partyline is "DENY IT"-----just say "it's zionist
propaganda" (a similar response might be "oh ---another story from rosie")

The present attempt by Hezbollah to JOIN FORCES with sunni islamicists----is
fascinating------sit tight ------lets see how it will pan out

US drone killings of civilians do not help matters.

They are unrelated to the internecine violence in pakistan. Pakistanis ----
and-----the people of pakistan when they were "indians" were killing each
other in internecine violence long before most people in the USA----knew that
there are muslims living in "the indian subcontinent" The USA support
of the taliban way back circa the '80s-------was truly idiotic. It created
a huge opportunity for OSAMA ----it created the conflict between the USA
and afghanistan

Oliver North was right------a true patriot------but too little and too late

for those who have not had the advantage of close contact with Pakistanis-----
( my contact commenced more than 50 years ago ---before most USA
people -----knew the word "pakistan")------every problem in pakistan from
hemorrhoids to cholera-------is a result of "western imperialism and
the 'zionist controlled-cia" Prior to the evil advent of western imperialism
and the 'zionistcontrolledcia"------there was the GLORIOUS MUGHAL EMPIRE----
where all was paradise as symbolized by the TAJ MAHAL One of my earlier
muslim friends from india------proudly told me the story of the glorious taj mahal---
built by SHAH JAHAN for his wife "mumtaz" who died in childbirth. He was
SO DEVOTED TO HIS LOVE------that he used vast amounts of jewels and gold
and forced labor -----pillaged from the Hindu country side to build his magnificent
---"tomb/mosque" He was so devoted that he cut the hands of the craftsmen to
cripple them so that they could not REPRODUCE the work ------wattaguy!!!!!!!!
Being young----I ---<GASPED> thus annoying my exuberant informant who
angrily shouted 'YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THE BEAUTY OF ISLAM"

Fret not----Shah Jahan died jailed----by his own son------keep in mind----
evil did not exist in the MJGHAL EMPIRE ----until the "west" and the
'jooos" got there Anyone interested in corruption and filth----read the history
of the MUGHAL EMPIRE For those who do not know-----the jihado partyline
is------all of the indian subcontinent is "MUSLIM LAND"----based on the GLORY
of the MUGHAL CALIPHATE which presided over a genocide of more than
100 million in its first century GLORY GLORY GLORY isa/allahuAKBARRRRR

Forum List

Back