Pain Like No Other

You are not drugged up during labor, bub. What you get is what the baby gets. Sorry. Only thing you would get is a numbing agent AFTER your cervix opened big enough to allow the head to exit. Imagine a very LARGE grapefruit or pomegranite coming out of your asshole and the gas pains that go along with it. Now, imagine that for..oh...anywhere from a couple of hours (waiting for that pesky cervix) and oh...maybe 16 hours. Straight. Small gaps for deep breathing until the next wave.

Yeah. You'd cry.
I had the ripped sphincter for 2 months before it was fixed.....like having barbed wire up your ass....
My wife had a episiotomy, she did not cry as hard as you do

You are not drugged up during labor, bub. What you get is what the baby gets. Sorry. Only thing you would get is a numbing agent AFTER your cervix opened big enough to allow the head to exit. Imagine a very LARGE grapefruit or pomegranite coming out of your asshole and the gas pains that go along with it. Now, imagine that for..oh...anywhere from a couple of hours (waiting for that pesky cervix) and oh...maybe 16 hours. Straight. Small gaps for deep breathing until the next wave.

Yeah. You'd cry.
I had the ripped sphincter for 2 months before it was fixed.....like having barbed wire up your ass....
My wife had a episiotomy, she did not cry as hard as you do
I'm so sensitive...though......

Worst I remember is the surgery for my terrible triad injury. I shattered my elbow and ripped the ligaments off as well. They went in to fix it and usually give a nerve block. They didn't mine due to having radiculopathy in that hand. The recovery room nurse assumed they had, and did not give me anything after the surgery for pain. I remember coming to, and telling him it hurt worse than when I gave birth naturally without anything at all. He checked my chart, apologized and got right on taking away my pain.

Last edited:
I am not very polite when coming out of anesthesia. I warned them the last time it happened. I guess they thought I was joking.

Anyway...other than labor, the other pains I can think of that were horrible were the gallstone attacks, the needles in my nipple prior to the mastectomy (the mastectomy wasn't too bad...except coming out of anesthesia. They knew I was awake. The whole hospital new I was awake), double earaches and a bad toothache. I HATE toothaches cuz there isn't a damn thing you can do about them. Or ear aches.

With all that said...I would rather have ANY of those things happen than have vertigo which is painless but sure does a number on your head.

Regretfully, I injured my left hand on site this afternoon. I was standing at the foot of the temporary stairs the scaffolders had built with my left hand on a pallet of plyboard while I held court over the bricklayers. As we were chatting, a thus-far unidentified scaffolder nudged a swivel clamp over the toeboard and it fell two stories and landed on the back of my left hand (these things are made of solid steel). The pain was unimaginable and I expressed my extreme discomfort by bellowing all manner of expletives across the site. Honestly, it's a miracle that no bones were broken and if I was alone when it happened I probably would've cried. I used to think that bashing your thumb with a claw hammer was bad enough, but having that bastard thing land on my left hand in sub-zero temperatures was life changing.

Just thought you should all know.

What a wuss.

Regretfully, I injured my left hand on site this afternoon. I was standing at the foot of the temporary stairs the scaffolders had built with my left hand on a pallet of plyboard while I held court over the bricklayers. As we were chatting, a thus-far unidentified scaffolder nudged a swivel clamp over the toeboard and it fell two stories and landed on the back of my left hand (these things are made of solid steel). The pain was unimaginable and I expressed my extreme discomfort by bellowing all manner of expletives across the site. Honestly, it's a miracle that no bones were broken and if I was alone when it happened I probably would've cried. I used to think that bashing your thumb with a claw hammer was bad enough, but having that bastard thing land on my left hand in sub-zero temperatures was life changing.

What a wuss.

Get a woman and a place of your own, and only then will you be considered eligible to pass judgement on yours truly. Until then, you remain an object of pity.

What a wuss.

Get a woman and a place of your own...

All set, wuss. Now grow a pair and stop whining.

What a wuss.

You and I both know that you're nowhere near "set", son. And do you really expect us to believe that you wouldn't react in the same way if a lump of steel fell from a second storey onto the back of your hand?

What a wuss.

Get a woman and a place of your own, and only then will you be considered eligible to pass judgement on yours truly. Until then, you remain an object of pity.

How is your hand doing today?
I hope it has gotten better and is not as sore as it was.
Did you put ice on it Thursday and for several days?

What a wuss.

You and I both know that you're nowhere near "set"...

Too bad for you, wuss. You're wrong and you've got nothing else. You've never had anything else. Now stop crying like a little girl.

I am not very polite when coming out of anesthesia. I warned them the last time it happened. I guess they thought I was joking.

Anyway...other than labor, the other pains I can think of that were horrible were the gallstone attacks, the needles in my nipple prior to the mastectomy (the mastectomy wasn't too bad...except coming out of anesthesia. They knew I was awake. The whole hospital new I was awake), double earaches and a bad toothache. I HATE toothaches cuz there isn't a damn thing you can do about them. Or ear aches.

With all that said...I would rather have ANY of those things happen than have vertigo which is painless but sure does a number on your head.

You can do something temporary on toothaches until you can get to a Dentist. Oil of clove on the tooth and around the gum area.

What a wuss.

How is your hand doing today?
I hope it has gotten better and is not as sore as it was.
Did you put ice on it Thursday and for several days?

All that remains is a crescent-shaped bruise, and it's uncomfortable when I change gear when I'm driving. And yes, I did put ice on it.

What a wuss.

You and I both know that you're nowhere near "set"...

Too bad for you, wuss. You're wrong and you've got nothing else. You've never had anything else. Now stop crying like a little girl.

Looks like I struck a nerve.

I suppose the only pain Unkotare's ever suffered is that crushing feeling he experiences after being told to tidy his room after one of his online 'victories'. Poor Unko-san. Reality must be a harsh intrusion on his delusions of grandeur.

Forum List

Back